Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1394 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #20896
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

maybe one of these weekends i'll bring the welder home and you can help instruct me?

I think it turns up to E.

the metal on the hose reel wasnt too much thicker i dont think, than the metal on the cart. I was 'trying' to make lil circles, maybe i was going to fast or slow, im not sure.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #20897
sirhk100

LOL, I've already given him enough crap so I wasn't going to go there! But truthfully, there was going to be a size comment if I had! HAHAHHAHAHAHAA

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #20898
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, I've already given him enough crap so I wasn't going to go there! But truthfully, there was going to be a size comment if I had! HAHAHHAHAHAHAA
My theory is why would a woman go for the pint size version when she can have a gallon! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #20899
sirhk100

If it goes up to "E" max, I bet you need to kick the speed up to arout 5-6ish. If it only goes up to "d" I bet you need to be in the 6ish range. Just totally ballparking here but 2 is definitely WAY WAY WAY too slow on your wire speed. If the big plate was equally as thick and you're just running a 110V welder you probably could've kicked it up to the next letter too.

For instance, my lincoln goes up to E... When I'm welding in my C setting I'm around 5.5, when I'm in D I'm running about 6.5. It varies a bit depending how much wire is on the spool but that's roughly where I'm running at. Mine is 220V though also so my C and D settings are probably much hotter then yours.

I think I've only welded on my "E" setting once ever and it was like 3/8" thick plate I was working with. I did most of the race truck on either "D" or a combo of A and B for the sheet metal stuff and depending what I was doing.

You could always kick it up to the highest letter, put it at like 7ish and just lay down a stack of tack welds on top of each other. Will look pro and do fine for anything not life concerning. It's the cheater way to weld but it works! You didn't hear that from me though! LOL

Oh and in comes Merrick with the closer!!!

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #20900
sirhk100

Got it!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=565097156853650

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #20901
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
My bet is she'll be bored, and probably sooner rather than later! Haha I kid......kinda
I hate you

EDIT: Okay, after reading a bit farther, I hate you all!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #20902
sirhk100

You might not believe it but I actually do "work" during the day. I've been working on a new part for the bat wing today. This is where I'm at so far. Hoping to finish it up tomorrow and get batman's approval to get a sample made.

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #20903
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
If it goes up to "E" max, I bet you need to kick the speed up to arout 5-6ish. If it only goes up to "d" I bet you need to be in the 6ish range. Just totally ballparking here but 2 is definitely WAY WAY WAY too slow on your wire speed. If the big plate was equally as thick and you're just running a 110V welder you probably could've kicked it up to the next letter too.

For instance, my lincoln goes up to E... When I'm welding in my C setting I'm around 5.5, when I'm in D I'm running about 6.5. It varies a bit depending how much wire is on the spool but that's roughly where I'm running at. Mine is 220V though also so my C and D settings are probably much hotter then yours.

I think I've only welded on my "E" setting once ever and it was like 3/8" thick plate I was working with. I did most of the race truck on either "D" or a combo of A and B for the sheet metal stuff and depending what I was doing.

You could always kick it up to the highest letter, put it at like 7ish and just lay down a stack of tack welds on top of each other. Will look pro and do fine for anything not life concerning. It's the cheater way to weld but it works! You didn't hear that from me though! LOL

Oh and in comes Merrick with the closer!!!
the chart on the inside of the panel said to run at like 3 D or something.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #20904
sirhk100

I ignore the chart... On my 220V, on 1/8" thick plate I'm running D and 6.5-7ish, sometimes a little over 7 even if the spool is really low.

BTW, you had a good solid spot where your ground was clamped to right? Just tossing out other possible issues...

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #20905
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yah, it was grounded well.

i'll bring it home some weekend and you can tutor me.....if you want.

Unread 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #20906
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I think the metal started to warp and put a gap between the 2 and the 110 cant jump the gap.

Plus it should of been hotter and more wire speed
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #20907
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

okay. fine. fine.

FINE FINE FINE FINE!!!!!

hotter, faster. just the way the ladies like it.

what?

I'm grumpy, and irritated, and bitter today. I'm going to go get drunk. at home. alone. in the dark.

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #20908
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
okay. fine. fine.

FINE FINE FINE FINE!!!!!

hotter, faster. just the way the ladies like it.

what?

I'm grumpy, and irritated, and bitter today. I'm going to go get drunk. at home. alone. in the dark.
But it's not dark yet!
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #20909
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

But it's not dark yet!
It's always dark inside my heart!

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #20910
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Aint that the truth
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.