Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1390 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #20836
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Why do you want a winch again?
To get the tree stump out of my front yard. gee

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #20837
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
That either:
The $40K truck sitting in Khris' garage was originally built to haul a load (or be used as the aforementioned work truck) and is now a purpose built race truck.
LOL, how has it grown to $40k btw? If it was $40K it would either be linked in the rear or have an LS in it or possibly both! Drop $10K realistically off that price!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #20838
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I wish that I could jump as high as that dude did. Is he a basket ball player?
LOL, are you saying you can't get your waist line to the roof level of an average pickup? Gosh, not very athletic obviously!

(he's way up in the air!!!)

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #20839
sirhk100

My $2500 expo is at Pucks level, in fact I'd argue it's more capable ONLY cause of the front locker but I'm honestly probably not even going to touch dirt with it till it's built. I'm a little tempted to go wheeling with Puck but I'm worried from rumors he might get me in a bit over my head and I don't really want to take a step backwards with it when I'm so close to finally taking steps forward with it here soon. Patience...

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #20840
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nvm, i can beat on the wagoneer all i want now, i just added collision, with a $100 deductible and it made my 6 month premium increase by $21 haha.

i can beat it then go wreck it into a wall and collect the whole $1000 that they'll pay me for it.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #20841
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Marns waggy is in pretty good shape. I have a feeling he loves that thing. No one would put that much time and money into something they don't love. I have no problem damaging a vehicle, but I'm not going to do it on purpose. I don't think anyone on here would.
When we did rocky gap I put some DEEP scratches in my truck and ripped out a corner of a skid. It happens though I would prefer it didn't happen, I'm not going to loose sleep over it. I just like to keep all of my things as nice as I can.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #20842
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
My $2500 expo is at Pucks level, in fact I'd argue it's more capable ONLY cause of the front locker but I'm honestly probably not even going to touch dirt with it till it's built. I'm a little tempted to go wheeling with Puck but I'm worried from rumors he might get me in a bit over my head and I don't really want to take a step backwards with it when I'm so close to finally taking steps forward with it here soon. Patience...
Wait....what rumors? If it was based off of the old black Cherokee, i am alot "nicer" to my XJ... Kinda...

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #20843
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
'
if i spent the money to build that truck, i would use it, but i'm saying i wouldnt spend the money to build the truck.
I don't even want to guess how much $ you have invested in your weapons collection... I'd argue the same for that. But if I did have the interest in it and could afford it I would use them. How's it any different?

I'm not even commenting on how Marn uses his vehicle... He uses it for how it's built which completely makes sense to me. I do absolutely the same, you don't see me out jumping my red explorer, it's not built for that, heck I'm not even wheeling it right now cause in my eyes, it's not meant for that. It's meant to cruise to and from work and that's about it right now.

I'm just commenting solely on this like I already said.

Quote:
I'm saying that I cannot fathom spending 15k on a vehicle that I would wheel all hard
I just don't see how the value of the vehicle should have any influence on how it's used. Everyone has a different budget and all hopefully work within that budget. If you can afford a $3000 rig sweet, use it within budget and capabilities. So why would it be any different if you can afford a $15k, $30K, or $100K rig? You work within your budget and use the vehicle how it's built to be used. I can easily fathom spending $150K on a KOH rig or $250K on a TT and beating the living crap out of them because that's exactly what they're built for! Just like I could fathom buying a ferrari and running the crap out of it on the track out in Pahrump and cruise town picking up sluts cause that's what they're meant for. That would also have to mean those were within my budget! If I could, I absolutely would!

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #20844
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Wait....what rumors? If it was based off of the old black Cherokee, i am alot "nicer" to my XJ... Kinda...

Sent from my Imagination
LOL, they might not even been rumors, they may have been from you... I was actually considering trying the nelson run in my expo just outta curiosity till I saw a post somewhere regarding your rig on that trail with dents, damaged exhaust and some other stuff. May have been actually your words now that I think about it. LOL Once mine is built up, I'm all for that stuff happening but right now I can't really justify it knowing that's kind of a step backwards when I'm so close to walking forwards with it's build finally. If I was still 5-6 months out, I'd probably decide to take it out wheeling but right now I'm playing the patience game instead.

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #20845
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

LOL, they might not even been rumors, they may have been from you... I was actually considering trying the nelson run in my expo just outta curiosity till I saw a post somewhere regarding your rig on that trail with dents, damaged exhaust and some other stuff. May have been actually your words now that I think about it. LOL Once mine is built up, I'm all for that stuff happening but right now I can't really justify it knowing that's kind of a step backwards when I'm so close to walking forwards with it's build finally. If I was still 5-6 months out, I'd probably decide to take it out wheeling but right now I'm playing the patience game instead.
Oh yeah, my muffler hangs a tad lower then the cross member so a rock ledge ripped it open. And i lost traction climbing a vertical rock face at devil's peak and smacked my passenger door on a rock.. I hope the front locker helps with traction next go around. (if i ever get paid).

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #20846
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Oh yeah, my muffler hangs a tad lower then the cross member so a rock ledge ripped it open. And i lost traction climbing a vertical rock face at devil's peak and smacked my passenger door on a rock.. I hope the front locker helps with traction next go around. (if i ever get paid).

Sent from my Imagination
LOL, those were the rumors I'd heard... I think my expo is basically the equal to yours and I'd just rather not take the chance on the damage right now knowing what it'll be shortly. Like I'd be a bit bummed if I took out a rocker panel knowing I'll have rocker guards on it shortly... Or if I did exhaust damage knowing that shortly it'll be sitting proabably 8" taller then it currently is.

Unread 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #20847
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
To get the tree stump out of my front yard. gee
I bet powr would yank it out for you. If you had been even remotely handy with that ax, my Jeep would have done it. You did have a shovel there! I know, I saw it!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #20848
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah but I also had a nagging wife saying that I needed to start dinner and take my kid to the park. My todo list is pretty big these days.

For you guys talking about spending money on hobbies... over the last 2 years I have spent over 32k on daycare. Freaking daycare is killing me. Once these kids get into elementary school I am going to feel like I am loaded.
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #20849
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Yeah but I also had a nagging wife saying that I needed to start dinner and take my kid to the park. My todo list is pretty big these days.

For you guys talking about spending money on hobbies... over the last 2 years I have spent over 32k on daycare. Freaking daycare is killing me. Once these kids get into elementary school I am going to feel like I am loaded.
Can't you pick up a couple of guys from Home Depot instead of day care? I bet it's way cheaper.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #20850
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Can't you pick up a couple of guys from Home Depot instead of day care? I bet it's way cheaper.
Scott is right! To top it off, they will ride in your Jeep no problem being that you have a ladder rack now!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.