Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1389 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Reply
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #20821
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
i've been failing at alot of things lately
LOL Wait, is it wrong for me to laugh?


Oh but I should be on for happy hour this friday! I got the boobies out of the way last friday.

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #20822
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
I see Marns point of view on this. With the amount of time and money he has roll into the Waggy, i would not want to ruin it on a trail. For the age Marns Waggy is beautiful, just way too nice to **** up.

Mine on the other hand im into it for $3300 and wheel the piss outta it.



forumrunner_20130205_103952.jpg



forumrunner_20130205_104019.jpg



forumrunner_20130205_104150.jpg



forumrunner_20130205_104213.jpg



forumrunner_20130205_104430.jpg

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #20823
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I see Marns point of view on this. With the amount of time and money he has roll into the Waggy, i would not want to ruin it on a trail. For the age Marns Waggy is beautiful, just way too nice to **** up.

Mine on the other hand im into it for $3300 and wheel the piss outta it.
I can see where Khris is coming from though. I am into mine a lot more than you are into yours. Would you take yours through where I have taken mine?

If you say yes, I want to be there! My money is on, you won't do it.

The price of the vehicle doesn't really matter so long as you have the bankroll to fund it. What matters is what the vehicle was built for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #20824
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
mine was built for yuppies to take picnics with their families.

__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #20825
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Jala bien es estandar
pulls it is standard? At least that is what my rudimentary espanol gets you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #20826
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
The window sticker on mine was $38,450 and I take it on the trail all the time. I am not going to say that I beat on it, because I don't. Yes it does have some desert pin stripes and the skid plates have been used, but I don't beat on it. I am not going to leave it on pavement because it was expensive. As many of you know, I don't really have much to prove and for the most part I will always take the bypasses if I think that I will get some body damage. About 90% of the time I have my kids with me, so I normally slow down and run the back of the line when they pass out.

To that fact one of the times that I did Burro Wash I got passed by a guy in a brand new Land Rover. He was hauling but through softball sized rocks. Once we made it down to the wash, his rig had so many pin stripes that it was not funny. I bs'd with the guy and his family for a little bit and he said that he did not buy it for the mall, he bought it to get out to BFE and spend time with his family.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #20827
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
If you ask the dude that's running around henderson what his wagon was built for I think he'll argue against that though Marn, I'm sure you've seen the other tan one with no top sitting on like 37's it looks like with the pretty basic cage work and some trail body work...

I'm just saying, why does the cost of the vehicle have anything to do with how you would use it? I argue what the vehicle is built for should have pretty much everything to do with how you use it... My whole point is in reply to

Quote:
I'm saying that I cannot fathom spending 15k on a vehicle that I would wheel all hard
Why wouldn't you? Whether it's a $1.5K, $15k, or $150k, if it's built to wheel why not use it to do it?

You're telling me if you spent $35K in parts plus the labor to build the toyota in my driveway you wouldn't want to go see what it could do? See how it stacks up against others? But rather would cruise it around the town to get groceries and maybe run down some washes to the river in it? If so, you're doing it wrong and you should've bought a $35K land rover cause it would do all the same stuff but you'd be a heck of a lot more comfy! LOL

(LOL, edit!!! Maybe land rover was a bad example now based on gregs post while I was posting... LOL)




And I have no clue Andy, I just pulled it off that civic ad.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #20828
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

I can see where Khris is coming from though. I am into mine a lot more than you are into yours. Would you take yours through where I have taken mine?

If you say yes, I want to be there! My money is on, you won't do it.

The price of the vehicle doesn't really matter so long as you have the bankroll to fund it. What matters is what the vehicle was built for.
Correct at this point Andy. My XJ is no where neer as capable as your Rubicon, i can only wait untill i have the cash needed to buy the parts i need to go where you have been. But in the end nope, wont go where you have been.... But i will...

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #20829
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
mine was built for yuppies to take picnics with their families.
That either:
a.) makes you a yuppie

b.) means that you should sell it so that it can become a work truck (Messicans don't care what it was originally built for so long as they can put a ladder on it)

c.) means you shouldn't go camping

d.) means you see the advantage of using it for more than what it was orginally intended.

The $40K truck sitting in Khris' garage was originally built to haul a load (or be used as the aforementioned work truck) and is now a purpose built race truck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #20830
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
mine was built for yuppies to take picnics with their families.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HGjjx96uM
LOL, looks like we're both using our current vehicles properly then!








__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #20831
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Maybe he just buys parts for the stickers that come in the boxes? Then they go on the window right next to the Jeg's and Summit Racing stickers.

For all of my cars I pretty much only do stuff for a purpose. If I chip or boost something I am going to use that extra power. If I lift something or put a skid plate on... it is for a reason.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #20832
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
But in the end nope, wont go where you have been.... But i will...
I wouldn't suggest it without a solidly built cage. I had poo coming out.

When you do it, I either want to be there or I want video proof.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #20833
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, looks like we're both using our current vehicles properly then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXcYKwsKMs
I wish that I could jump as high as that dude did. Is he a basket ball player?
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #20834
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Maybe he just buys parts for the stickers that come in the boxes? Then they go on the window right next to the Jeg's and Summit Racing stickers.

For all of my cars I pretty much only do stuff for a purpose. If I chip or boost something I am going to use that extra power. If I lift something or put a skid plate on... it is for a reason.
Why do you want a winch again?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #20835
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
If you ask the dude that's running around henderson what his wagon was built for I think he'll argue against that though Marn, I'm sure you've seen the other tan one with no top sitting on like 37's it looks like with the pretty basic cage work and some trail body work...

I'm just saying, why does the cost of the vehicle have anything to do with how you would use it? I argue what the vehicle is built for should have pretty much everything to do with how you use it... My whole point is in reply to

Why wouldn't you? Whether it's a $1.5K, $15k, or $150k, if it's built to wheel why not use it to do it?

You're telling me if you spent $35K in parts plus the labor to build the toyota in my driveway you wouldn't want to go see what it could do? See how it stacks up against others? But rather would cruise it around the town to get groceries and maybe run down some washes to the river in it? If so, you're doing it wrong and you should've bought a $35K land rover cause it would do all the same stuff but you'd be a heck of a lot more comfy! LOL

(LOL, edit!!! Maybe land rover was a bad example now based on gregs post while I was posting... LOL)




And I have no clue Andy, I just pulled it off that civic ad.
'
if i spent the money to build that truck, i would use it, but i'm saying i wouldnt spend the money to build the truck.

I'm not even arguing, or saying its 'crazy' or that peoiple should or shouldnt do it, i'm saying i, Andrew Morris, personally, would not. I just couldnt, i dunno.

But then again, it's like when people say they'd never buy whatever, even if they were rich, and then they do if they become rich. Who knows, maybe if like andy said i had the bank roll to pay for it, i would. But I'm a poor boy and I dont. if i flopped my jeep and it was totaled, i'd not have a vehicle, nor enough money to buy a vehicle (well, i could buy like a $1500 vehicle, wheres the link to that civic? haha).

I beat on my TJ, well, not beat, but i pushed it.

there's obviously a difference between use and abuse, most of us use our stuff and take care of it, not just romp it and beat on it.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.