Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1384 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #20746
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm all for it. Natural selection at its finest.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #20747
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

it's not natural selection when an albulance pulls up and saves the life of the person that nature was trying to weed out.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #20748
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Damn seat belts.
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #20749
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
why, why, why why would any body EVER do something that stupid.
Honestly, I guarantee you it's just a simple lack of experience and totally misjudging the speed needed to land it where he meant to. It just sucks that once you're in the air, all you can do is ride it out. LOL

wait, post that picture of your wagon doing the sky wheelie off that small dune!!!! LOL That was probably not that far off from an "OH CRAP" moment speed wise! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #20750
sirhk100

See, I'm a super ultra big pansy when I know I've gotta drive my truck home hundreds of miles! I'm nowhere near as cool as that raptor dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckmK1e8KIg

Not, the cooler in the back stayed attached even! LOL

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #20751
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'm nowhere near as cool as that raptor dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckmK1e8KIg

Not, the cooler in the back stayed attached even! LOL
It's not cool if you can't drive it home! The trick is to drive to where the race is, kick ash at the race, then drive it home. Get up Monday morning and drive it to work! That's how it's done! It how they did it in the 60's with the musclecars, and nuthins changed. A MAN drives it to the race and work! A spoiled kids destroys his toys when he plays!
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #20752
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

It's not cool if you can't drive it home! The trick is to drive to where the race is, kick ash at the race, then drive it home. Get up Monday morning and drive it to work! That's how it's done! It how they did it in the 60's with the musclecars, and nuthins changed. A MAN drives it to the race and work! A spoiled kids destroys his toys when he plays!
Well said Powr.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #20753
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

has anybody been to the salton sea?

Buddy and his family are going camping out there for presidents day, I'm planning to go. not sure if i'll take the jeep, and if i take the jeep, not sure if i'll take the camper or just tent it.

It makes me sick thinking about getting 10ish-mpg. That 600 mile trip will cost me over $200, and almost 275 if i take the camper i think.

Its like i'm throwing a dollar out the window every 2-3 miles i drive.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #20754
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Last week I drove to SLC, to Vernal Utah, back. In all I drove about 1,000 miles and averaged 12 MPG. I was loaded with a full truck as well as 5 people.
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #20755
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Buddy and his family are going camping out there for presidents day, I'm planning to go. not sure if i'll take the jeep, and if i take the jeep, not sure if i'll take the camper or just tent it.

It makes me sick thinking about getting 10ish-mpg. That 600 mile trip will cost me over $200, and almost 275 if i take the camper i think.

Its like i'm throwing a dollar out the window every 2-3 miles i drive.
Was that not the point of buying the camper? To use it while camping? But you do make a point with the gas... Ouch $200-$275 for fuel hurts me just thinking about it.....

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #20756
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Was that not the point of buying the camper? To use it while camping? But you do make a point with the gas... Ouch $200-$275 for fuel hurts me just thinking about it.....

Sent from my Imagination
yes, but that doesn't mean it has to be used every time. i still like having the option to tent it. And we bought it planning to still tent camp sometimes.

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #20757
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Last week I drove to SLC, to Vernal Utah, back. In all I drove about 1,000 miles and averaged 12 MPG. I was loaded with a full truck as well as 5 people.
well good thing you make the big bucks!

Unread 02-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #20758
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

yes, but that doesn't mean it has to be used every time. i still like having the option to tent it. And we bought it planning to still tent camp sometimes.
Gotcha.

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #20759
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
This isn't the 60's anymore... Good luck building a competitive offroad race truck that's street legal without being ultra rich! Robby gordon is about the only person I can think of that's done this exact thing in recent times with his hummer. That was only cause to race Dakar your vehicle has to be street legal. His is registered in Az. where everything is legal for the most part.

For example, find me anyway to make our tacoma street legal without any glass, no chance of passing smog and no chance of passing vehicle inspection at DMV.

I'm all for this idea, but in 2013 in offroad racing, it's not realistic. This isn't 1/4 mile drag racing... Technically, my toyota is FAR from street legal and it's not even race built...

Unread 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #20760
sirhk100

Quote:

Ummmm, from about age 8-24 pretty regularly. If you've heard the rumors, yes, it smells nasty if you get near the water! One of the highest polluted bodies of water in the southwest if not the nation!

Here's some awesome stuff just from wikipedia alone. Do some reading on the salton sea, it's an interesting experiment resulting from an accident! LOL

If you're going to be on the south east side of it, look up "salvation mountain" and make sure to visit!!! You won't be disappointed in the place! It's VERY VERY hippie like but well worth the stop!

If you're going to be on the west side...

Google "truckhaven" though if you've never heard of it. Depending what area you're going to you could be as little as 5 minutes from the trails there. It's where Tierra Del Sol runs their annual event. If you're going anywhere near salton city you'll be in that area. Epic wheeling for everything from stock to insane! You'd have an absolute blast out there in your wagon!!!

Last time I went down there, I took the owners stock rubicon!!! LOL

And wouldn't you know, have to steal parts off my friends CJ5 to keep the new under 20K mile rubicon running!!! (when I lived in san diego I did design work for RCD suspensions... LOL That's the head of their marketing dept pulling parts off his jeep to get the POS JK back to camp!)

Lots of washes...

Another friends YJ out there.

This is the "less crowded area" to camp in during the TDS safari...

Salton sea on the horizon...

stock yo!

I will be taking the expo out there for next years TDS run for sure! It's a really fun time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.