Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1384 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Reply
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #20746
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,826
I'm all for it. Natural selection at its finest.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #20747
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
it's not natural selection when an albulance pulls up and saves the life of the person that nature was trying to weed out.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #20748
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,826
Damn seat belts.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #20749
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
why, why, why why would any body EVER do something that stupid.
Honestly, I guarantee you it's just a simple lack of experience and totally misjudging the speed needed to land it where he meant to. It just sucks that once you're in the air, all you can do is ride it out. LOL

wait, post that picture of your wagon doing the sky wheelie off that small dune!!!! LOL That was probably not that far off from an "OH CRAP" moment speed wise! LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #20750
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
See, I'm a super ultra big pansy when I know I've gotta drive my truck home hundreds of miles! I'm nowhere near as cool as that raptor dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckmK1e8KIg

Not, the cooler in the back stayed attached even! LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #20751
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'm nowhere near as cool as that raptor dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckmK1e8KIg

Not, the cooler in the back stayed attached even! LOL
It's not cool if you can't drive it home! The trick is to drive to where the race is, kick ash at the race, then drive it home. Get up Monday morning and drive it to work! That's how it's done! It how they did it in the 60's with the musclecars, and nuthins changed. A MAN drives it to the race and work! A spoiled kids destroys his toys when he plays!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #20752
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

It's not cool if you can't drive it home! The trick is to drive to where the race is, kick ash at the race, then drive it home. Get up Monday morning and drive it to work! That's how it's done! It how they did it in the 60's with the musclecars, and nuthins changed. A MAN drives it to the race and work! A spoiled kids destroys his toys when he plays!
Well said Powr.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #20753
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
has anybody been to the salton sea?

Buddy and his family are going camping out there for presidents day, I'm planning to go. not sure if i'll take the jeep, and if i take the jeep, not sure if i'll take the camper or just tent it.

It makes me sick thinking about getting 10ish-mpg. That 600 mile trip will cost me over $200, and almost 275 if i take the camper i think.

Its like i'm throwing a dollar out the window every 2-3 miles i drive.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #20754
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,826
Last week I drove to SLC, to Vernal Utah, back. In all I drove about 1,000 miles and averaged 12 MPG. I was loaded with a full truck as well as 5 people.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #20755
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
has anybody been to the salton sea?

Buddy and his family are going camping out there for presidents day, I'm planning to go. not sure if i'll take the jeep, and if i take the jeep, not sure if i'll take the camper or just tent it.

It makes me sick thinking about getting 10ish-mpg. That 600 mile trip will cost me over $200, and almost 275 if i take the camper i think.

Its like i'm throwing a dollar out the window every 2-3 miles i drive.
Was that not the point of buying the camper? To use it while camping? But you do make a point with the gas... Ouch $200-$275 for fuel hurts me just thinking about it.....

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #20756
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Was that not the point of buying the camper? To use it while camping? But you do make a point with the gas... Ouch $200-$275 for fuel hurts me just thinking about it.....

Sent from my Imagination
yes, but that doesn't mean it has to be used every time. i still like having the option to tent it. And we bought it planning to still tent camp sometimes.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #20757
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Last week I drove to SLC, to Vernal Utah, back. In all I drove about 1,000 miles and averaged 12 MPG. I was loaded with a full truck as well as 5 people.
well good thing you make the big bucks!
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #20758
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

yes, but that doesn't mean it has to be used every time. i still like having the option to tent it. And we bought it planning to still tent camp sometimes.
Gotcha.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #20759
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
It's not cool if you can't drive it home! The trick is to drive to where the race is, kick ash at the race, then drive it home. Get up Monday morning and drive it to work! That's how it's done! It how they did it in the 60's with the musclecars, and nuthins changed. A MAN drives it to the race and work! A spoiled kids destroys his toys when he plays!
This isn't the 60's anymore... Good luck building a competitive offroad race truck that's street legal without being ultra rich! Robby gordon is about the only person I can think of that's done this exact thing in recent times with his hummer. That was only cause to race Dakar your vehicle has to be street legal. His is registered in Az. where everything is legal for the most part.

For example, find me anyway to make our tacoma street legal without any glass, no chance of passing smog and no chance of passing vehicle inspection at DMV.

I'm all for this idea, but in 2013 in offroad racing, it's not realistic. This isn't 1/4 mile drag racing... Technically, my toyota is FAR from street legal and it's not even race built...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #20760
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
has anybody been to the salton sea?

.
Ummmm, from about age 8-24 pretty regularly. If you've heard the rumors, yes, it smells nasty if you get near the water! One of the highest polluted bodies of water in the southwest if not the nation!

Here's some awesome stuff just from wikipedia alone. Do some reading on the salton sea, it's an interesting experiment resulting from an accident! LOL







If you're going to be on the south east side of it, look up "salvation mountain" and make sure to visit!!! You won't be disappointed in the place! It's VERY VERY hippie like but well worth the stop!




If you're going to be on the west side...

Google "truckhaven" though if you've never heard of it. Depending what area you're going to you could be as little as 5 minutes from the trails there. It's where Tierra Del Sol runs their annual event. If you're going anywhere near salton city you'll be in that area. Epic wheeling for everything from stock to insane! You'd have an absolute blast out there in your wagon!!!



Last time I went down there, I took the owners stock rubicon!!! LOL



And wouldn't you know, have to steal parts off my friends CJ5 to keep the new under 20K mile rubicon running!!! (when I lived in san diego I did design work for RCD suspensions... LOL That's the head of their marketing dept pulling parts off his jeep to get the POS JK back to camp!)





Lots of washes...



Another friends YJ out there.





This is the "less crowded area" to camp in during the TDS safari...









Salton sea on the horizon...



stock yo!





I will be taking the expo out there for next years TDS run for sure! It's a really fun time!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.