Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1383 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #20731
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Because i am lazy and dont want to look them up my self, PICS DAMMIT!!

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #20732
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Puck, take it easy on Andy... it is bad enough that he is posting from work, now you want him to do research and give you a freaking power point presentation.
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #20733
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
My old 4wd explorer... Knee deep whoops at 55 where no problem and the limitation was the rear suspension!!! The front end was capable of WAY more then that and I wasn't even on coilovers. I also ran the rubicon trail once in it and only bypassed the little sluice.

I honestly 100% think that the setup you have in mind will completely scare the crap out of you at what it's capable of speed wise.

You really think TTB setups can't run the hammers???
I never said that it couldn't be done. I have seen it done on youtube and on the KOH site. The problem is that when you are taking a buggy through, damage is of little concern. To me, damage, is a slightly bigger concern.

I already know it is going to scare the crap out of me speed wise but it will be fun! That point got me when you told me that the build plan for your Expo pretty much mirrored mine.

Quote:
Pretty much, the limit of what this system will do is just like solid axle or a-arm ifs, it has more to do with your budget and willing to toss labor and parts into it then it does the limitation of the design. There's fullsize guys pulling 20+ inches of travel out of these things!

If all goes as planned, you'll probably be away but I'd say come wheeling with me in May!
Reading the build thread for the Bronco that you showed me a while back that was for sale pulled around 24 inches before being bumped and strapped. That thing was amazing.

While I will be gone for the wheeling trip, I should come back with a pocket of cash. I should have a truck built in no time after that!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #20734
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Because i am lazy and dont want to look them up my self, PICS DAMMIT!!

Sent from my Imagination
Stop being a bish.

Ruger American
Stevens 200
Thompson/Center Encore
ruger-american.jpg   stevens-200.jpg   encore.jpg  

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #20735
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think you will be happy with either gun. I'm am not one for a ton of customization on a gun so either would make sense for me. But I know you do like that and the Stevens would be a better choice. I'm a big ruger fan and that is what I would buy. BTW my ruger single six should be at the house today back from Ruger.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #20736
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If you don't buy the ruger I would be interested.
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #20737
sirhk100

I'm assuming you guys have seen the video clips of the raptor the far exceeded the design limitations of the truck? There's a few different angles of the jump... LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #20738
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
If you don't buy the ruger I would be interested.
The Ruger is in the BX at Nellis.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #20739
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm assuming you guys have seen the video clips of the raptor the far exceeded the design limitations of the truck? There's a few different angles of the jump... LOL
Nope.. Youtube link plz

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #20740
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Are you talking about the guys that were bending frames?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #20741
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Andy, if you don't mind single action, single shot go with the encore, barrels/stocks are infinitely configurable. Don't think the trigger is easily adjustable though. IMO, if you want bolt action, go for the ruger. I don't know much about the other one, but ruger does provide excellent support and they're solidly built.
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #20742
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

The Ruger is in the BX at Nellis.
S&@&$@&&&!?!!&$*€|*~
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #20743
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Are you talking about the guys that were bending frames?
No more like the guy flatting tires, blowing off his air bags, 100% destroying his truck and getting a ambulance trip.

Same jump, different cameras... These are from autoblog but it's all over fb right now since well... You can imagine the types I'm friends with on there. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2LDFWm4z3As

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #20744
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Oh **** khris that was awesome. I love watching people destroy something so expensive so recklessly. The only thing that video was missing was a bunch of people shouting USA,USA,USA!
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #20745
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
No more like the guy flatting tires, blowing off his air bags, 100% destroying his truck and getting a ambulance trip.

Same jump, different cameras... These are from autoblog but it's all over fb right now since well... You can imagine the types I'm friends with on there. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2LDFWm4z3As

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdl...layer_embedded

why, why, why why would any body EVER do something that stupid.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.