Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1382 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #20716
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

Hell ya I'll take that bezel off your hands whenever you are ready!
I took some pics of the axles too on that J4000.
Ill let you know when I get it pulled

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #20717
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

What do you expect to climb!!! That is sick!! Good job.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #20718
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So, doing a bit more research on the plans for my exploder and with the parts I currently have, this picture should be pretty accurate of full droop once I get everything on it. Only catch is, my steering will be a MUCH better setup then what's shown on this one. There's also a chance that the steering on this one is actually limiting the droop. It will be sprung light enough that I should easily be able to put one axle at this droop while the other is full stuff for playing in the rocks!

jeebus.

what is that suspension set up called? is that like long-arm IFS?

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #20719
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

jeebus.

what is that suspension set up called? is that like long-arm IFS?
Ford calls it twin traction beam axle

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #20720
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like i am getting a spartan locker installed on friday.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #20721
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Ford calls it twin traction beam axle

Sent from my Imagination
oooh gotcha.

looks like a cross between IFS and solid. interesting!

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #20722
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

random: does anybody know where i can get a functional vintage-ish tape deck for the waggy?

I dont care if it's like 70's old, but i want one that is more old style, like with the knobs and whatnot. It'd be awesome if i could get one that had the needle, rather than a digital display. I just waht something more vintage looking.

I have a crappy 1990's Jensen tape deck with digital tuning and display, as you saw in the pictures a few posts back.

Hell, i'd even take a digital one that looks more vintage (chrome and black with smaller knobs? dani has one in the nova like that) that one just looks too 90's for me.

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #20723
sirhk100

TTB, it's what's stock on pretty much every 4WD F150, Ranger, Bronco, Bronco ii, Exploder, etc in the 80's till mid-late 90's. It's exactly what you say, a cross between solid and IFS. It's actually VERY simple and works really good in the dirt. On the street, it's not the best setup in the world but then again, it must not be too crappy if you look at ford's sales figures for those vehicles I listed for well over a decade. People will argue IFS vs. SAS till the end of time most likely, personally I think Ford's goofy setup is the best of both worlds! Strength of the SAS setup without CV's and crap but the comfort and advantages of IFS while still being able to flex.

Come look under Red to see what stock is or come look under whitey to see basically what's pictured there...

Here's whitey without the "4wd" stuff in place.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #20724
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
random: does anybody know where i can get a functional vintage-ish tape deck for the waggy?

I dont care if it's like 70's old, but i want one that is more old style, like with the knobs and whatnot. It'd be awesome if i could get one that had the needle, rather than a digital display. I just waht something more vintage looking.

I have a crappy 1990's Jensen tape deck with digital tuning and display, as you saw in the pictures a few posts back.

Hell, i'd even take a digital one that looks more vintage (chrome and black with smaller knobs? dani has one in the nova like that) that one just looks too 90's for me.
http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/...d=141&kw=radio

Give me a part number if anything catches your eye... (yes, they all say ford or have the mustang on them but then again, it's what we cater to.)

These might seem expensive but they're actually modern stereos with just the classic look which is why the price is what it is...

For instance, I'm pretty sure these options...

Quote:
Features manual tuning AM/FM stereo PLL tuner with auxiliary input for iPod, MP3, satellite radio etc., and will also control an optional 10 disc CD changer (USA-CD10) from the buttons on the radio (No FM Modulation). Push-buttons operate CD & Aux input functions (no radio station pre-sets)
Didn't come on this type of stereo. LOL

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #20725
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Do you get discounts on the auto sound stuff? I've seen them before but they are 'nice' and would literally be the most expensive thing I've installed in my jeep haha (even my engine was only 200)

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #20726
sirhk100

Shoot me a P/N and I'll let you know roughly my price. My discounts aren't as badass as stuff we actually manufacture but they still exist. LOL, btw, I edited that post above...

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #20727
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yeah, i know about the autosound features, we looked at one for the nover, but, well, it's never driven and as long as it has music is all we care about when we DO drive it.

Unread 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #20728
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
TTB, it's what's stock on pretty much every 4WD F150, Ranger, Bronco, Bronco ii, Exploder, etc in the 80's till mid-late 90's. It's exactly what you say, a cross between solid and IFS. It's actually VERY simple and works really good in the dirt. On the street, it's not the best setup in the world but then again, it must not be too crappy if you look at ford's sales figures for those vehicles I listed for well over a decade. People will argue IFS vs. SAS till the end of time most likely, personally I think Ford's goofy setup is the best of both worlds! Strength of the SAS setup without CV's and crap but the comfort and advantages of IFS while still being able to flex.
I think they both have their place. When you think about a dual sport type of build, I agree with you. That is why when I sell my Jeep, I'll likely grab up a TTB 4WD Ranger. Will it be a great desert blaster? Probably not but it will do it better than a Jeep will. Will it be a great crawler? Nope, but I don't think I'll be wanting to run sledge hammer in it either. With my build plan (that is constantly changing) I should be able to do most of the trails that people on here run. I should be able to bomb through the desert at a pretty good clip, and at the end of the day have a nice comfortable place to sleep when camping.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #20729
sirhk100

My old 4wd explorer... Knee deep whoops at 55 where no problem and the limitation was the rear suspension!!! The front end was capable of WAY more then that and I wasn't even on coilovers. I also ran the rubicon trail once in it and only bypassed the little sluice.

I honestly 100% think that the setup you have in mind will completely scare the crap out of you at what it's capable of speed wise.

You really think TTB setups can't run the hammers???

For the record, Robby Gordon blew up the motor in it last year, didn't break the suspension though and he qualified really really really well...

same car...

BTW, 4wd TTB will go easily 99% as fast thru the rough as a 2wd ibeam setup will which I've seen 120mph thru waist deep whoops on old class 8 trucks.

Want something a little more realistic for what I'm building and you're planning?
This expo is 4wd with TTB...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQuQ11WDqbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIN8..._4rbA&index=60

Steering needs to GO AWAY on this one though...

Pretty much, the limit of what this system will do is just like solid axle or a-arm ifs, it has more to do with your budget and willing to toss labor and parts into it then it does the limitation of the design. There's fullsize guys pulling 20+ inches of travel out of these things!

Need proof? Here's that torchmate KOH rig making everyone look like entry level rigs in the fast sections and then it's obviously more then capable of running the whole KOH course. (MAKE SURE YOU WATCH FROM 9:18-10:30!!! some of the most insane KOH incar I've seen!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHSd...=results_video

If all goes as planned, you'll probably be away but I'd say come wheeling with me in May!

Unread 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #20730
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Okay guys, I have an option that I haven't had for quite a while. Basically, I came across a Stevens Model 200 chambered in .308 for $335. I also came across a Ruger American chambered in .308 for $352. Both are brand new in the box. I like the Ruger because it comes from the factory with a user adjustable trigger but it has almost no aftermarket support. I like the Stevens because it will take any aftermarket product that you could get for a Savage 110 (which is a lot) but it does not have an adjustable trigger from the factory. The downside to either rifle is that I probably wouldn't be able to shoot it for 6+ months. I have reasons for that that I won't get into in here. Should I wait? Should I go ahead with one or the other? Should I find a Thompson/Center Encore that has been circling around in my head for months? What say you Jeepforum?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.