Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 138 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Rear Leaf Spring (4 Leaf) Pair1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 11-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #2056
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Gonna check out davidsonlaw's page next for info but curious... Anyone had .gpx files for potato ridge?

Also, 3 of us might give it a shot this sunday. I'm not too worried about my jeep but...

Stock 2011 rubicon?
open axles, TJ on 33's?

Any worries of body damage, immanent doom, no way?
http://davidson-law.net/blogs/jeepla...ocky-gap-road/

I've done it a couple of times, but not this year. Didn't have trouble going from the Red Rock side with my mostly stock Rubicon Unlimited running on 33s. Didn't even use my sliders or skids.

Unread 11-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #2057
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I was going to try and see if I could make it out this afternoon ... should hav said something sooner.
Should have just called me. We ran Cottonwood last night, but still went out today. We found some great stuff around Searchlight.

We'll be out again tomorrow if you want to go. We'll be leaving probably between 10-11:00 and will be back before 3-4:00. I'll post up any good pictures from today and tomorrow then.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #2058
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Last picture for now. My Jeep can easily handle inclines like that. There's Mrs. StupidBunny trying to hold back the awesome. Disregard the tilted horizon and mountain. There is no camera trickery here.
Funny you mention that...steep inclines are fun! (This one is real, FWIW)

Oh how I miss the old TJ...

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #2059
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Should have just called me. We ran Cottonwood last night, but still went out today. We found some great stuff around Searchlight.

We'll be out again tomorrow if you want to go. We'll be leaving probably between 10-11:00 and will be back before 3-4:00. I'll post up any good pictures from today and tomorrow then.
There is some great stuff around Searchlight, and it seems like there's a lot more active mining there than there is in Goodsprings.
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #2060
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Funny you mention that...steep inclines are fun! (This one is real, FWIW)

Oh how I miss the old TJ...
What?! Mine is real too! I specifically said "No trickery"!
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #2061
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
There is some great stuff around Searchlight, and it seems like there's a lot more active mining there than there is in Goodsprings.
We met security from an active mining area around Sandy Valley. He was super cool. That active claim wasn't clearly marked, so he wasn't at all mad about us being there. We talked for a while about which mines are active and he helped us plot out areas to avoid in the area.

He did mention about there being an increase of Border Patrol in the area. I guess we weren't the only ones who noticed the suspicious activity a few weeks ago.
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #2062
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
..There is a small detour on the left if you are heading south that leads up a hill to that face in the rock. I bet Las Vegas looks amazing at night from that hill top vantage...
It's gorgeous there at night. Not the best picture, but not bad from a distance at night.

My wife found a couple silver nuggets in that area. It was just laying there out in the open.
img_4232.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #2063
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here are a few pictures from the past few days. These were taken around the Sandy Valley area. This mine snuck up on us. It wasn't on any of our maps which was odd since much smaller ones were.
img_4418.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #2064
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This mine spanned 4 levels down and two levels up. The mines that have easy access are well vandalized and picked clean, but since this area was well hidden there was still so much to see. A similar Texaco pail just sold on Ebay for over $60.
img_4334.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #2065
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This was an ore chute in one of the upper levels. In the lower left corner you can see an old pair of leather soled shoes. The shoes were so worn there were holes in the soles with nails exposed. Just above that ore chute was a platform with a spoon and a metal coffee cup and plate.
img_4315.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #2066
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Can anyone identify this? This was in the lower workings of that mine. It's old, but I'm not sure how old. The bottle to the left is next to it, but completely separate. It appears to be part of the rocks now, but the texture isn't like other fossils I've seen in caves. It might have been buried in the fine sand and the shaft flooded. After it dried, it may just appear to be part of the rocks.
img_4329.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #2067
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture for now. Practicing my ninja skills.
img_4415.jpg  
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #2068
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Happy thanksgiving everybody! Have a safe holiday!

I've been charged with the task of acquiring cool whip and raisins while the girl is off at work for the morning...better take the beast to battle the masses.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #2069
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Happy thanks giving everyone.........
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #2070
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Today I am thankful that my jeep is working well again!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.