Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#27,523 ·
I timed this one perfectly. Thanks again Bonez!

#27,526 ·
PhotoJared said:
I'm fine, you better watch out next time short studf

Posted from outer space.
Ain't skeered.

#27,529 ·
cowboywelder said:
Lmao run fa r far away
I already AM far, far away! Soon, I will be even farther.

#27,533 ·
A little bit brutal to watch so there's your warning. This was sat at the baja 500. The course is wide open straight away with a jump followed directly by a blind left corner. This guy missed it on GPS, forgot about it or something and well, here's your reason to not stand outside of a corner. 1 spectator was killed in this...

The driver was put in jail, released last night on $25K bail, not sure if they were able to get their car out of impound and who knows what will happen next. Being mexico, I bet it's a gutsy move to show up to the court case in hopes of winning and getting your $25K back cause if you loose, you're going to mexican prison.

So much crap went on at the 500 this weekend, while I'd still go spectate a san felipe race, you'll never see me race down there again and probably won't ever spectate the 500 or 1000 again unless they make some major changes. If I do, you won't catch me in ensenada that's for sure!

#27,534 ·
Looks to me like maybe they shouldn't of been standing there. It's their own fault. At least in rally events people seem to have a little more common sense (but I think WRC is a little more strict on where spectators can be). Sad but what do you expect being on the outside of a sharp turn?

#27,535 ·
I'm not arguing one bit that it wasn't 100% the spectator's fault. Same as the wreck here in the US a few summers ago. 100% the spectator's fault for sure! If you're going to stand on the edge of a live race course, be ready to pay the penalty cause even though it may look it, the drivers don't always have control. I can speak 1st hand on that statement!

But, that's Mexico, not the US, very first thing to happen likely was the Mexican police put that dude in cuffs and hauled him off. You're arrested first and then gotta get out of trouble down there. It's how it is...

#27,537 ·
X2 on driver control. At those speeds on the asphalt, let alone dirt anything can happen. I feel for the driver he's going to be screwed on this one. Makes me think how much longer that race series will last. You would think Mexico would be on the side of the event with how much money it brings in to their **** economy.

#27,538 ·
X2 on driver control. At those speeds on the asphalt, let alone dirt anything can happen. I feel for the driver he's going to be screwed on this one. Makes me think how much longer that race series will last. You would think Mexico would be on the side of the event with how much money it brings in to their **** economy.
It won't affect the series at all and next year and the year after more people will be killed. This isn't the first, isn't the last. I can find footage of a dudes face being smashed in by the camera he's looking thru being nailed by the front tire of a trophy truck landing off a jump. I can find footage of a dudes leg being broke while getting nailed by a buggy as he runs out to see a car go by not realizing there was a 2nd car hidden in the dust that nails the dude. Heck, I can find footage of a trophy truck rolling thru a crowd and one of the people injured is actually Ivan Stewart's son... Every year a spectator gets hurt or killed. Every year a racer gets hurt or killed by spectator booby traps. This year the two deaths I've heard about at the 500 is one from this wreck and another was a bike rider suspected of heat stroke leading to heart attack. The 1000 will be in Nov and I'd bet there will be more stories... It's just the way it is. Dakar, Baja, Isle of Man TT... IMO, that last true balls out races left! (I'm hoping to spectate the Isle of Man TT next year!!!)

Heck, watch the dude on the bicycle in this one at 0:35...

As for driver control, when I'm running the race truck I don't typically drive it persay... I let it pretty much wonder and go where it wants to go with just slight corrections. If someone is passing me or I'm passing or there's a tight line I wrestle the truck where I want it but most of the time, I'm along for the ride more then I am driving. LOL

#27,539 ·
It won't affect the series at all and next year and the year after more people will be killed. This isn't the first, isn't the last. I can find footage of a dudes face being smashed in by the camera he's looking thru being nailed by the front tire of a trophy truck landing off a jump. I can find footage of a dudes leg being broke while getting nailed by a buggy as he runs out to see a car go by not realizing there was a 2nd car hidden in the dust that nails the dude. Heck, I can find footage of a trophy truck rolling thru a crowd and one of the people injured is actually Ivan Stewart's son... Every year a spectator gets hurt or killed. Every year a racer gets hurt or killed by spectator booby traps. This year the two deaths I've heard about at the 500 is one from this wreck and another was a bike rider suspected of heat stroke leading to heart attack. The 1000 will be in Nov and I'd bet there will be more stories... It's just the way it is. Dakar, Baja, Isle of Man TT... IMO, that last true balls out races left! (I'm hoping to spectate the Isle of Man TT next year!!!)

Heck, watch the dude on the bicycle in this one at 0:35...

As for driver control, when I'm running the race truck I don't typically drive it persay... I let it pretty much wonder and go where it wants to go with just slight corrections. If someone is passing me or I'm passing or there's a tight line I wrestle the truck where I want it but most of the time, I'm along for the ride more then I am driving. LOL
oh yeah... well I can find footage of a girl putting an apple in her ***** and an orange coming out of her ***

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.