Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1374 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #20596
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yeah. I could grab some rare earth magnets or something from amazon, or something like this might work well, just mounted to the back of the ammo can?

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Magneti...ds=base+magnet

I'd like to get the boxes mounted like this, and i;m thinking actually putting magnets on the back of the ammo cans, and then just sticking the unit to the metal body panel under the window, but above the wood panel

speaker-1.jpg   speaker-2.jpg  

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #20597
sirhk100

I'm assuming you're anti drilling holes?

Cause I mean if solid and quick removal is the goal...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #20598
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yeah, anti-holes.

Not for any real cosmetic reasons or anything, just i figure magnets would be faster/easier for removal and install.

i plan to put one of these on each can:

so i can just connect and stick the box in, and disconnect and remove whenever necessary (taking the cargo cover in/out, loading larger stuff, yadda yadda

edit: why didnt i think to check Harbor freight? these should do the trick nicely, just 2 of em stuck on the inside or outside of the can.

http://www.harborfreight.com/50mm-ro...net-96651.html

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #20599
sirhk100

I just picture scratches over time... Maybe I'm wrong though... One way to find out! Dzus have a cool factor that ammo cans held on by magnets lack. Shock tabs held on by magnets? Hmmmm, think about it!!!! Magnetic shocks??? Hoover trains in europe/asia? Hmmmmm... You know I'm on to something here! Willies with magnetic hoovering shocks??? Long travel what? Electromagnetic shocks with computer controlled to vary the ride?

Unread 01-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #20600
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hahaha. I can glue fabric/felt over the bottom of the magnet to prevent scratches.

it was also suggested to me that I leave a few extra feet of wire coiled up inside the can so i can unmagnet them and put them outside or on the tailgate or something when camping

cool idea.

Unread 01-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #20601
sirhk100

Ball parking here but this is about 300 miles of use. Oil is out of the front bypass shocks. Fairly obvious which is new, which is old... Shown at two different fill levels to kinda show the difference better.

Does it need replaced? According to my shock guru contact, possibly not. My gut feeling, probably not... I am this time around. I'm going to put some heat tape strips on the shocks though this time and monitor the temps. My shock god friend that literally manufactures high end shocks for a living right around the corner from my work said that if the tape shows they're hitting over 270 degrees to replace it for sure. He said under 270... Kinda use best judgement. So not knowing, This time it's getting fresh. Next time we'll have a little more info to work with.

Andy, did they get 270 degrees? LOL

BTW, that's only 300 miles like I said, think about your shocks on your vehicles that have NEVER seen any service! LOL Granted, they probably NEVER see the temps these do but...

Also, this is the piston wear band. It's supposed to be 100% grey on the outside. It's a bronze collar with a teflon coating. I know when you can see the bronze it's supposed to be replaced. I'm waiting on feedback as to if this is toast or still usable.

Unread 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #20602
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
hahaha. I can glue fabric/felt over the bottom of the magnet to prevent scratches.

it was also suggested to me that I leave a few extra feet of wire coiled up inside the can so i can unmagnet them and put them outside or on the tailgate or something when camping

cool idea.
Bring the cables with you! Trust me from first hand, you're screaming for a dead battery as badass as it is! LOL

Unread 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #20603
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is pretty cool!
image-3626753933.jpg  
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #20604
sirhk100

To each his own... Looks hideous to me...

I like offroading obviously up till this video that one with the wing suits I posted a few weeks back was the coolest I'd seen so far ever. Now this one... I don't know, gives the wing suits a run for it's money I think! Way cooler then any offroad truck, jeep or dirt bike video I've ever seen for sure!

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...37735646386035

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #20605
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

anybody have any suggestions as to how to make a speaker grill for the boxes i'm going to make?

I'm not sure if i should just buy new speakers that come with grills, or find some way to make the actual ammo can itself the speaker grill (more durable?) or make a grill out of some mesh or something....but i dont have any mesh.

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #20606
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'd just buy speakers with grills.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #20607
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

blah. thats like another 30 bucks.

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #20608
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

A customer of mine drilled some holes in the ammo can and mounted the speaker inside. It sounded good too.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #20609
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
A customer of mine drilled some holes in the ammo can and mounted the speaker inside. It sounded good too.

Sent from my Imagination
I'm kind of leaning this way, but damn, thats alot of holes. beats paying for new speakers though, i guess.

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #20610
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It at least looks like they did it right!

A lot of people have been begging for a truck version. I don't care much for the color, but it's a cool little truck...
image-1032724611.jpg   image-2159135242.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.