Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1371 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #20551
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
First one do do this is cool in my book!
If you buy the parts, we'll put it on mine this weekend!

Unread 01-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #20552
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Thanks guys. I put in a MML that i had in the garage thanks to dmgiff and no more vibs. Its even better then when i started. also the tires dont rub at all at full turn anymore due to the new lca's. Im super happy now. Only thing left is to get my welder hooked up, build my rear bumper and get that spare from khris.

I think i will get a SYE later when i have more money for the jeep. And the needed upper control arms that are adjustable
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #20553
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
First one do do this is cool in my book!
You see those tracks a lot in New England in the rural areas. You'll see 4 wheelers with them too.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #20554
sirhk100

What a lame night! Spent the whole night in the garage yet didn't feel like I got jack done. All I had to show for when I closed the door down from the time I started was one brake caliper was bolted on and safety wired but I'll probably be cutting the wire off to have a pro do it. I think it would work but feel it should be tighter. The other brake caliper had a mounting bolt issue from day one and last night in a strange mood I decided to force the issue and just finish it off. So tonight I need to run and buy a timesert to install. I might actually even do both mounting bolts on both calipers. I've never really liked how they were into the new spindles and I feel this will be the better way to go. Other then that I got the rest of the suspension bolts cut to length.

I'm hoping maybe tonight I can get the timeserts picked up and installed and both calipers mounted up. I also am going to try and get all 4 front shock fluids changed. I'm really curious to see how those look. They've got probably 300 miles total on them. Any guesses on if the fluid still looks brand new? I know just in testing I was able to get the shocks hot enough to not touch so who knows what they were felt like on race day. This is all new to me so I'm not really sure what to expect. If I pull them apart and the fluid still looks fresh I might just hold off and run it longer even...

I can then get the bypasses mounted and get the tie rods back on. I can't install the coilovers till I get a new tender spring and figure out if there was a reason we broke one or if it was just dumb luck. Once I get the tender spring though I can get it on the shock and then get the coilovers installed and the front end is done and buttoned up suspension prep wise.

This weekend's plans kinda depend on parts from SDHQ. If they get here in time I'll be busy getting the engine buttoned up and ready to install if not completely installed. If not, I'll move to the interior. I can't really do the rear suspension stuff till I get the front end back on the ground to push the truck forward cause I have the rear pushed against the front wall of my garage.

Oh, also tonight, I might go pickup a new 1/2" drive impact. My harbor freight one that I remember my dad using when I was in high school is finally 20 some years later starting to act up and die on me. The one I'm looking at has 1100ft/lb break loose torque rating and 810ft/lbs. torque capacity! It'll make the eight 3/4" stover nuts on the race truck hopefully bow to my superiority!!! If I get it, I want to put a 1/2" gr8 bolt and nut together and see what it does to them! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #20555
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice, are those new specs from Harbor Freight? I dropped my craftsman impact last week and broke the plastic off the regulator (Selects pressure 1-4). Luckily I was able to get all of the pieces and glue it back together. That little cheesy piece of plastic cost $30 plus shipping. I think I only paid $80 for it 5 years ago, so for $30 I would rather just buy a new one.

I will say that my HF cutoff wheel and angle grinder are still holding up pretty good. Not that I use them much though.
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #20556
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What a lame night! Spent the whole night in the garage yet didn't feel like I got jack done. All I had to show for when I closed the door down from the time I started was one brake caliper was bolted on and safety wired but I'll probably be cutting the wire off to have a pro do it. I think it would work but feel it should be tighter.
Leave it on there for now. I would like to see it before cutting it off. Easier to give you pointers when I have seen your work.

Quote:
I also am going to try and get all 4 front shock fluids changed. I'm really curious to see how those look. They've got probably 300 miles total on them. Any guesses on if the fluid still looks brand new? I know just in testing I was able to get the shocks hot enough to not touch so who knows what they were felt like on race day. This is all new to me so I'm not really sure what to expect. If I pull them apart and the fluid still looks fresh I might just hold off and run it longer even...
I can tell you that the shocks got really hot. You could feel the heat coming off of them in the pits. They did cool down pretty quickly though.

Quote:
I can't install the coilovers till I get a new tender spring and figure out if there was a reason we broke one or if it was just dumb luck.
Just a guess but I am going to say dumb luck.

Quote:
The one I'm looking at has 1100ft/lb break loose torque rating and 810ft/lbs. torque capacity! It'll make the eight 3/4" stover nuts on the race truck hopefully bow to my superiority!!! If I get it, I want to put a 1/2" gr8 bolt and nut together and see what it does to them! LOL
I want to see that!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #20557
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
I want to see that!
Did you hear that? He says he wants to see it! Your guys' friendship sounds like Powr should be involved, haha.
Please give me a heads up when Andy is coming around so I can find other activities besides coming over and working on vehicles to do that day! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #20558
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Did you hear that? He says he wants to see it! Your guys' friendship sounds like Powr should be involved, haha.
Please give me a heads up when Andy is coming around so I can find other activities besides coming over and working on vehicles to do that day! Haha
I haz a sad. Merrick won't be there.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #20559
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
nice, are those new specs from Harbor Freight? I dropped my craftsman impact last week and broke the plastic off the regulator (Selects pressure 1-4). Luckily I was able to get all of the pieces and glue it back together. That little cheesy piece of plastic cost $30 plus shipping. I think I only paid $80 for it 5 years ago, so for $30 I would rather just buy a new one.

I will say that my HF cutoff wheel and angle grinder are still holding up pretty good. Not that I use them much though.

I've never had much luck with any harbor freight air tool stuff except for the impact I'm looking to finally retire. I've got an air drill and a small air grinder that both work but are just way under powered. Then again, my compressor is tiny. I just use it more for quick bursts of power, perfect for a quality impact basically. Their electrical tools I've had good luck with but they're all very underpowered once you switch to a quality brand. Not stuff I'd want to use everyday but for the occasional use it's perfect! Last thing I bought there other then grinding discs was a body saw and I've used it WAY more then I expected and it works pretty good. Cut the roof off the race truck and trimmed a lot of fiberglass with it at this point. My Dad's old harbor freight impact that I now use has more then gotten is use and 99% of the time it's had enough power for me. The one I'm looking at is kinda expensive and red...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Leave it on there for now. I would like to see it before cutting it off. Easier to give you pointers when I have seen your work.
Easy enough...

Quote:
I can tell you that the shocks got really hot. You could feel the heat coming off of them in the pits. They did cool down pretty quickly though.
I'm sure they were toasty even with Jason driving let alone my lap. An hour of straight abuse, specifically that last 20 miles of the loop should've get them pretty warm I'd imagine!

Quote:
Just a guess but I am going to say dumb luck.
I need to do some measurements to make sure they aren't completely crashing solid during compression. If they are I'll add a ring in there to stop the slider earlier on if needed.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #20560
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

New stuff!!! Yay!
image-2623964754.jpg   image-2370893888.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #20561
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You have an "assault style weapon" and "high capacity mags." I am going to turn you in! LOL

Nice score!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #20562
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You have an "assault style weapon" and "high capacity mags." I am going to turn you in! LOL

Nice score!
That's a shotgun lol, I found the mags for my a$s-hault rifle!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #20563
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
That's a shotgun lol, I found the mags for my a$s-hault rifle!!
I know it is a shot gun but in this day and age, I am sure Mrs. Feinstein would agree that anything with a pistol grip is an assault weapon.

How much did you pay for the mags if you don't mind my asking?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #20564
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I bet that is a killer impact gun. What is it around $500?
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #20565
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
The one I'm looking at is kinda expensive and red...

i hope you have luck with it. I bought a snap on gun that looked just like that one a few years ago and returned it right away. it said it had alot of torque and it was far off. they are quite though. I have a mac/nitro cat thats super light and powerful. here is a link to the newer verson. trust me you can not go wrong. Id put it up against that snap on gun any day. plus its probably half the price!
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0363_200400363

now this gun here is rated only at 625 but its more, it has great busting torque for those small burst you are talking about. only down side is its kinda heavy and nascar loud lol
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too..._370269_370269
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.