Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1368 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #20506
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mucking Forons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=I6jhd1A20d4#!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #20507
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

my favorite is the DB holding the ipad taping the whole thing. Really an ipad?
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #20508
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
my favorite is the DB holding the ipad taping the whole thing. Really an ipad?
Maybe it was Khris and doesn't own a smart phone

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #20509
sirhk100

HA!!!! You really think I have an ipad or apple anything?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #20510
sirhk100

I understand advertising on forums to cover the associated costs with them but really???? This was the banner that was just across the top of my JF.com screen...

English?????????????? Anyone?????

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #20511
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Well i got the lift finished today. also fixed my brake like for 10 bucks instead of 95 the dealer wanted for the parts lol. Does anyone know the cheapest place to pick up a SYE and shaft? It shakes pretty good now
Adam's locally. They have it in stock. I just did one on a buddies rig. I called them about 8:30am and they had the new shaft done that afternoon. You do not want a generic length driveshaft. Get the SYE in, measure and then spec the shaft!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #20512
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey scott, whats the best way to deal with scorpions?

-Is it really just to hunt em down with a blacklight and take em out?

-Is there something better or additional involving a pest control company (such as yours?) If so, shoot me a PM on that.

The girls get super mega freaked out every time they find one, even though I assure them they are essentially harmless. "oh noes! a bug!".

P.S. because Dani is allergic, we cannot get a cat.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #20513
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I understand advertising on forums to cover the associated costs with them but really???? This was the banner that was just across the top of my JF.com screen...

English?????????????? Anyone?????
You obviously forgot to "press 1 for English" when you started your computer.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #20514
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hey scott, whats the best way to deal with scorpions?

-Is it really just to hunt em down with a blacklight and take em out?

-Is there something better or additional involving a pest control company (such as yours?) If so, shoot me a PM on that.

The girls get super mega freaked out every time they find one, even though I assure them they are essentially harmless. "oh noes! a bug!".

P.S. because Dani is allergic, we cannot get a cat.
Based upon experience growing up, chickens eat scorpions (or anything else that moves really.) I would venture to guess based upon your frequent sightings that you have a nest nearby. Get a chicken or two and you shouldn't have any more problems. That or find the nest and kill all of them that you can and you will notice a reduction in the number you see.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #20515
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Based upon experience growing up, chickens eat scorpions (or anything else that moves really.) I would venture to guess based upon your frequent sightings that you have a nest nearby. Get a chicken or two and you shouldn't have any more problems. That or find the nest and kill all of them that you can and you will notice a reduction in the number you see.
I cant have chickens, haha.

And yeah, im told that like, an initial population reduction is a HUGE help.

We dont see a ton, maybe one every month or every few months, but the chicks flip **** when they see one.

Desi just panics and Dani's all "oooo no!!!! the rabbit is going to get stung and die!!!" (heaven forbid that happen, then i could get a real pet).

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #20516
sirhk100

A real pet like a CHICKEN!!! Yes, you absolutely need a chicken!!!!

(by the way, I'm not sure if I should be proud but I once was involved in getting a chicken so drunk it couldn't walk before feeding it to a snake. And yes, drunk chickens stumble and swerve just like us humans just before they've had so much that they can't walk. When you're equally as drunk as the chicken, it's really entertaining!)

Unread 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #20517
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I cant have chickens, haha.

And yeah, im told that like, an initial population reduction is a HUGE help.

We dont see a ton, maybe one every month or every few months, but the chicks flip **** when they see one.

Desi just panics and Dani's all "oooo no!!!! the rabbit is going to get stung and die!!!" (heaven forbid that happen, then i could get a real pet).
Scorpions tend to run away from danger so it is unlikely that the rabbit would get stung. What about attracting wild birds? Put up a bird feeder or two?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #20518
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

at the house i used to live at (sahara and hollywood) one of the neighbors (the one with like 6 cars and 10 people living in the house...) had a mother ****ing rooster.

Loved getting woken up by that damn bird every day.

Eventually it stopped. I think they ate it.

On a related note, a buddy of mine keeps chickens in his back yard. Their rooster learned to crow eventually so they ate it. He has pics of his little 5 year old daughter holding the plucked rooster. she was all excited that they were going to eat the rooster, and kept calling it by name haha.

Quote:

Unread 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #20519
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I can come out some time for ya Marn. Going out with a black light is more of a way to find out where the populations are. The best thing to do is to keep your yard well maintained, no piles of wood or anything that can provide a harborage for them. Water effects or pools can also make the problem worse.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #20520
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Scorpions tend to run away from danger so it is unlikely that the rabbit would get stung. What about attracting wild birds? Put up a bird feeder or two?
control your pests by inviting more pests?

I thought that would work for my roach/cricket problem, and took action. OBVIOUSLY that's not working out for me...otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.

I was sure it would work! Now look where I am

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.