Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1362 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #20416
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Nothing is ever easy when working on older cars. Just think about how all of the northern folks feel when they have to work on their rust buckets.
When you take rust out of the factor, working on 'old' cars is WAY easier haha. I can actually fit my hand in the engine compartment on the nova and the waggy, i refused to touch anything on my dodge magnum, and wont go near Dani's challenger.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #20417
sirhk100

Too many damn decisions in life!!!! Invest money? Buy 3rd house? Focus on having current Vegas home paid in full within 10 years... Ugh, so lame! Someone just come give me mega amounts of money with no strings attached!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #20418
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Too many damn decisions in life!!!! Invest money? Buy 3rd house? Focus on having current Vegas home paid in full within 10 years... Ugh, so lame! Someone just come give me mega amounts of money with no strings attached!
define 'strings' I may have something for you....

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #20419
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Buy a third house on the NW side of town. Something small with a 3 car garage. Keep the rent reasonable and I'll move in as soon as my current lease is up! I would prefer non-hoa but that isn't likely up this way... LOL

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #20420
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Have you thought about commercial property? Prices are super low and it would provide you storage/shop space. Then when/if the market comes back you would be able to sell for a profit. If it ever gets to the point it used to be it would be a significant amount of money.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #20421
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I fully agree about the rust. The cool thing about newer cars is that they run for longer and you have a computer to help you with the trouble shooting. Heck just look around and tell me how many muffler shops that you see compared to 15 years ago. Most of them have gone out of business because car manufactures have improved factory exhaust. I cannot think of the last time that I had to change a fan belt on any car. The newer serpentine belts rock, no longer are you adjusting 3 different belts wondering if it is too tight and going to fry an alternator bearing in 3k miles.

Once you get past all of the covers most of the stuff is just as easy. All of the electrical connectors are quick disconnects, so the harness flops out of the way. The one thing that I will say is that burping the cooling system in most newer cars is not as easy. Spark plugs are still the same pain in the arse... passenger side rear plugs on anything with an AC box is going to be a pain. If anything I would say that some of the newer cars are easier to work on. I keep on having flashbacks to the rats nest that was Pucks old engine. All of those vacuum lines are more of a pain than any electrical plug.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #20422
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Three days to the manufacturer means nothing if the manufacturer is sending out nothing but standing orders. Because Wal-Mart didn't have a standing order they would be treated as a new order and would then be placed on the backorder list if my thinking is correct? Wal-Mart did not stop placing orders:

Winchester had a note on their press release site that claimed a lead time of approx six months for all new ammo orders but said that standing orders were still being sent out on time. That is no longer on their site though so they may be falling behind now.

Who knows, maybe Wal-Mart is lying (wouldn't be the first time) maybe Winchester is lying. All we really know is that a run on ammo is pretty stupid. It is not like they won't catch back up and ammo prices won't come back down.
Walmart DID stop placing orders.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #20423
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

They both have their pros/cons. I have a feeling that new cars now in 10 yrs will be a total nightmare.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #20424
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Khris, I would say that real estate is starting to come back. The exact same model of house that I have sold in Nov for 17k more than what I paid for mine 2 years ago. I do not think that it will get back to where it was before, but it is improving.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #20425
sirhk100

It just blows that the cash investors have the ones I'd be looking at virtually locked up! My friend listed one friday that I was actually very seriously interested in. Would've literally been a house purchase on a whim! LOL Or well, offer on a whim... I hit her up and she said there's no way I'd be able to get in there with a regular 20% down type loan cause it's going to be 99% cash offers.

The commercial thing is interesting... If I go with property I'm going to look into something expecting it to be rented but also purchase at a level that I could live off top romen and only drive to and from work and still afford everything. Basically be dirt poor not adding a cent to my name if nothing is rented and then when all is rented be putting cash away again.

Another part of me just wants to focus on my current house. Maybe invest a decent chunk right now and then instead of saving money just toss 90-100% of my expendable income that I blow on hookers and blow currently on my house and have it paid off in 5-10 years depending how aggressive I could get...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #20426
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Walmart DID stop placing orders.
Source? All I have seen on the interwebz is hear-say and WM says that they haven't.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #20427
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That is what my sister did. She paid her house off in 10 yrs. my wife and I have been looking around for another investment property since we got rid of the **** house we used to rent out. We are going to go look at a few condos next weekend and we may just buy one. We have found 3 bedroom condos with attached 2 car garages for $45000. The payment with insurance would be $350ish and we could rent it for $800-1000.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #20428
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We are still planning on renting our house next year. I still have a bunch of little stuff to do to the house before then. I am hoping while the wife is in Korea I can knock a bunch of it out.

Speaking of which we finally went and got some tree's for a back yard. It only took a year to do.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #20429
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Still wondering how this guy was able to get these with 0 miles on them. Most Jeeps get to the dealer with 3-5 miles on them.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3575293358.html

Does make me want to bump the price of mine up a little bit though.
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #20430
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

And this guy wants the same price for only 4 of them http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3548678129.html

They do look a little better with 35's on them though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.