Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1361 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #20401
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I figured lowes and Home Depot would have them but they don't. I may swing my mcfaddendale just because I've had nothing but bad experiences with 4wp. But if I can't find them anywhere else ill have to go to them.
Talk to Carlo over at 4WP, tell him merrick sent you. He is the only one I deal with there.

MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #20402
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm probably below. I am by no means an electrical guy. I don't think I could even install a stereo to tell the truth. I rewired my old Chevy truck but it was with a painless kit and a monkey could do it. I tried to install a CD player in my old f-150 and gave up and took it back.
If you can do a painless wiring harness, you can do a stereo. They are about the same on a difficulty level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I just know everytime I've given the jeep crowd the benefit of the doubt in writing the install instructions or how I've designed something I've been proven wrong...

Now look at this... Would you think I had to do such a detailed instruction sheet for that product? (btw, steps 1-3 were me being a complete smarta$$ since people couldn't figure out how to install it.)
461 times... I just watched it. I am suddenly worried that I am doing it wrong! LOL People are stupid.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #20403
sirhk100

We first didn't include instructions. Then I had just a simple sheet with like two steps. Then it turned into that one with me being a smartass which eventually ended up in my adding a youtube video cause I mean crap, how much more can I put in pictures and text on putting on your gas cap! How do these people actually operate the gas pump once they've got the cap off?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #20404
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Lead times on Walmart orders to suppliers are now three days at most. Which means when they announced they were stopping orders for ammo, that meant to suppliers they no longer had orders for Walmart almost immediately. Right now all Walmart is selling is their existing remaining inventory at their DCs.
Three days to the manufacturer means nothing if the manufacturer is sending out nothing but standing orders. Because Wal-Mart didn't have a standing order they would be treated as a new order and would then be placed on the backorder list if my thinking is correct? Wal-Mart did not stop placing orders:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WND.com
The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.
Winchester had a note on their press release site that claimed a lead time of approx six months for all new ammo orders but said that standing orders were still being sent out on time. That is no longer on their site though so they may be falling behind now.

Who knows, maybe Wal-Mart is lying (wouldn't be the first time) maybe Winchester is lying. All we really know is that a run on ammo is pretty stupid. It is not like they won't catch back up and ammo prices won't come back down.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #20405
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

almost done!!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #20406
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks great, I just really don't understand the pot in the middle of the walkway.
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #20407
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
We first didn't include instructions. Then I had just a simple sheet with like two steps. Then it turned into that one with me being a smartass which eventually ended up in my adding a youtube video cause I mean crap, how much more can I put in pictures and text on putting on your gas cap! How do these people actually operate the gas pump once they've got the cap off?
You may have just stumbled onto the greatest problem that plagues our country. Think about it! If people can't figure out that they have to put gas in their cars, maybe they are calling dealerships because their new car broke down. In all actuality it is simply out of gas. If the dealership then sends out a tow truck, that costs money. Hook it up to the machine, more money. This might just fall under warranty work. Now multiply that times hundreds of thousands of cars and it turns into a big problem. Stupid people single handedly made GM go under!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #20408
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My new truck doesn't have a gas cap. That may be an answer to your problem khris. Even manufacturers know people are so dumb they quit making gas caps.
image-2457731289.jpg  
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #20409
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
My new truck doesn't have a gas cap. That may be an answer to your problem khris. Even manufacturers know people are so dumb they quit making gas caps.
This doesn't seem like the greatest idea in the world... Seems to me that it would make it pretty easy to **** up somones car really badly.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #20410
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
almost done!!
Looks great!!!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #20411
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Looks great, I just really don't understand the pot in the middle of the walkway.
Yeah. It would probably be easier to understand if the pot were more along the lines of the ones i originally suggested to her, rather than that shape/color.

just a centerpiece/focal point. Either side of the pot is still as wide as a standard walk way so its nor cramped or anything walking by it.

its the same idea as a fountain or something in a court yard, she just ended up choosing a pot that was exactly what I originally envisioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Looks great!!!
thanks!

gotta lay the polymeric sand tomorrow in the joints of the pavers and i need to install the lights.

it'll look great when everything matures a bit.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #20412
sirhk100

LOL, yeah, Ford is going away from gas caps completely. They aren't just flip open type ones though, you have to release them from inside.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #20413
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Just got my front end lift in and my damn hardline broke on the passenger side about 5" from the end where it meets the soft brake line. Pissed me off now i cant turn around my jeep so just more of a pain in the *** this has become. I hate rust with a passion. Had to cut both LCA bolts out. Gonna have to wait for my gf to get off work now to get a new line and find my brake line flare tool. Also found my kit came with new n2.0 front shocks but nitro white body rears. I called RC and they wont help me with out a invoice number. Pisses me off. I hope they ride ok??? :/
Ok rant off
2013-01-28_11-19-38_473.jpg   2013-01-28_11-50-02_752.jpg   2013-01-28_11-50-21_939.jpg   2013-01-28_13-30-54_799.jpg   2013-01-28_12-48-04_411.jpg  

2013-01-28_13-53-41_854.jpg  
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #20414
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nothing is ever easy when working on older cars. Just think about how all of the northern folks feel when they have to work on their rust buckets.
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #20415
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Nothing is ever easy when working on older cars. Just think about how all of the northern folks feel when they have to work on their rust buckets.
Remember im from MN so i know. But this pig was only in the mid west for 2 years and its not to bad but the brake line just pissed me off!
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.