Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1360 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #20386
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hey Khris, how difficult would it be to set up a shift pattern sensor with an led or digital readout on top of the shifter knob? The senor coul read off the obd port and probably also get the power there also? Could help new manual drivers and people who don't always pay attention. Plus could just be one of those "fluff" items that people buy for their rides...
Probably wouldn't be that hard, curious how to route the wires so they were hidden...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #20387
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Damn Citroen haha. Some euro cars are super funky like that.

Does anyone recommend a place in town that carries d-rings? I'm driving to the Utah/Colorado border tomorrow and would like to pick up a few just in case.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #20388
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

4wp has them
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #20389
sirhk100

don't most hardware stores sell them? I'm sure mcfaddendale has them. I'm running by there after work today to get a bunch of random sized bolts I can't find anywhere else.

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #20390
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I figured lowes and Home Depot would have them but they don't. I may swing my mcfaddendale just because I've had nothing but bad experiences with 4wp. But if I can't find them anywhere else ill have to go to them.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #20391
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Probably wouldn't be that hard, curious how to route the wires so they were hidden...
Don't worry about hiding the wires. That would be the responsibility of the owner. Or you could just run it through the shift boot...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #20392
sirhk100

I swear my ace hardware has them but I'm not 100% sure. I just "think" I remember seeing them in the past.

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #20393
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Don't worry about hiding the wires. That would be the responsibility of the owner. Or you could just run it through the shift boot...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you don't know the average jeep customer very well! I'm jaded cause I typically surround myself by the more DIY type but I've learned from 10+ years in jeepish related industry that a vast vast vast majority can't turn a wrench or think for themselves at all! I used to think jeep people for the most part were fairly bright but honestly, it's far from the truth in my experience designing parts to sell to them. If it's more then a peel and stick item, it's too hard to leave it up to them to figure out.

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #20394
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you don't know the average jeep customer very well! I'm jaded cause I typically surround myself by the more DIY type but I've learned from 10+ years in jeepish related industry that a vast vast vast majority can't turn a wrench or think for themselves at all! I used to think jeep people for the most part were fairly bright but honestly, it's far from the truth in my experience designing parts to sell to them. If it's more then a peel and stick item, it's too hard to leave it up to them to figure out.
I am really not sure if you are saying that most people here are above or below average. LOL

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #20395
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm probably below. I am by no means an electrical guy. I don't think I could even install a stereo to tell the truth. I rewired my old Chevy truck but it was with a painless kit and a monkey could do it. I tried to install a CD player in my old f-150 and gave up and took it back.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #20396
sirhk100

I just know everytime I've given the jeep crowd the benefit of the doubt in writing the install instructions or how I've designed something I've been proven wrong... Here you want an example???

We sell this...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/15006_000X_PG.htm

Now look at this... Would you think I had to do such a detailed instruction sheet for that product? (btw, steps 1-3 were me being a complete smarta$$ since people couldn't figure out how to install it.)

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/125399.pdf

Look closer at the bottom, that sheet wasn't enough!!!!! I ended up having to go back and do this to help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z020...KKkmw&index=31

And btw, I know I haven't watched that video 460 times so obviously somebody is out there watching it!!! LOL

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #20397
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Btw I'm going to be throwing out some old parts and just wanted to know if anyone wants some factory fog lights from a 07 f-150 as well as the factory tow hooks? If you want them let me know or I'll probably just throw them out. The hooks are fairly beefy and the fogs live in a factory housing so would probably only work in another f-150.
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #20398
sirhk100

LOL, random so looking at that video I saw a link to another video I have on my youtube. Check this hood pin out that I designed but we never moved forward with. It's just a simple push button type pin. Push the button and it pops up and you open your hood, then close your hood and simply push it back down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Gc...MHhdUvRMoKKkmw

We bought a hood and then rented a car to do the testing on. LOL Had to drill like 2" diameter holes in the core support to install them. Not like the rental company knows that though!

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #20399
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Btw I'm going to be throwing out some old parts and just wanted to know if anyone wants some factory fog lights from a 07 f-150 as well as the factory tow hooks? If you want them let me know or I'll probably just throw them out. The hooks are fairly beefy and the fogs live in a factory housing so would probably only work in another f-150.
I will take the hooks

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #20400
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

My experience came from working at a WM distro center in the late 90's. From the reading I did, it looks like things have changed a lot in that time. I didn't know that they had gone to a forecasting method and were cross docking. With that being said, with a forecasting system and automated inventory ordering being done, wouldn't that mean that a hand jammed order was a duplicate of an order already submitted automatically? Could that be why stores are having their orders cancelled?
Lead times on Walmart orders to suppliers are now three days at most. Which means when they announced they were stopping orders for ammo, that meant to suppliers they no longer had orders for Walmart almost immediately. Right now all Walmart is selling is their existing remaining inventory at their DCs.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.