Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 136 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #2026
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This is probably the best picture taken in the area. Nice color balance. The only thing that would have made this better is if my big Charlie Brown head wasn't in the picture.

img_4035.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #2027
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture for now. My Jeep can easily handle inclines like that. There's Mrs. StupidBunny trying to hold back the awesome. Disregard the tilted horizon and mountain. There is no camera trickery here.
img_3992.jpg  
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #2028
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Glad your back YSB.....
Let your wife move to venetian LLC. They cover 100% of everything(xcept some dental cosmetics).
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #2029
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

She looked at that, but there aren't any positions available there that compare to her current position. She just got another huge raise and bonus. If not for the medical bills, we'd be doing well financially. Now is not a good time to switch jobs anyway. These days, she's lucky to have a fulltime job on the Strip.
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #2030
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Did you take the side road up to the upper tailing pile? The turn off wasn't obvious at first, either from the ground or in google earth, but it would've taken you to near the top.
That was our second trip to that mine. We climbed it the first time and didn't notice the trail. We drove it up the last time, but it still only got us about halfway up. You are right that it's difficult to see. Even when you first turn onto it, it's hard to tell if it's actually a trail.

We went into every adit from top to bottom. It's always fun to explore, but we were disappointed that there wasn't much in the upper areas. All of them were just ore chutes to the lower levels. There were 4 main shafts up there. Each trickled down into the 2 main lower levels.
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #2031
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

hello everyone.

long time no talk. i havent been in the vegas section in a couple months.

i might be coming up to vegas to visit family again for the holidays and as always am thinking about toting the jeep behind the truck up there.

i would like to see if anyone is trying to do any runs thanksgiving weekend. i want to run Logandale again. i have a 4 day weekend so will be in town thurs-sun. i am good for a fri or sat run.

if no one posts about wanting to go for a run before weds i WILL NOT be towing my jeep up there with me. its gets expensive in gas.

let me know

-chris

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #2032
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Back home now. Which one of you has the red JK? About an hour ago we were leaving St. Rose hospital on Eastern. Someone in a red JK yells "Hey, Stupid Bunny!" as he passes. He saw my wife was driving and his smile went away.
I've got a dark red JK, but if I would've seen your wife I would've yelled "Hey MRS Stupid Bunny!"
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #2033
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I saw that a few weeks ago. Kinda pissed me off. Not just for their stupidity, but the way they defended their immaturity in the comments. What they did is the kind of things a 5th grader would do.

It annoys me when I see people littering. I also view mines as historic sites, so in my head they're littering a historic site in the worst way. Also, from what I've seen, mines that are covered with bars are often done so to support a bat population.

I hope to see them on a future episode of 1,000 Ways To Die.
I shouldn't have said "like." It's amazing that people would think it a good idea to blast away at something that might just be the only thing keeping the roof over their own heads.
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #2034
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down for Saturday after thanksgiving trail. Work fri, but off sat-mon. Davidsonlaw- idiots don't think, let alone think about the consequences. The difference between stupidity and ignorance!
Unread 11-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #2035
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
hello everyone.

long time no talk. i havent been in the vegas section in a couple months.

i might be coming up to vegas to visit family again for the holidays and as always am thinking about toting the jeep behind the truck up there.

i would like to see if anyone is trying to do any runs thanksgiving weekend. i want to run Logandale again. i have a 4 day weekend so will be in town thurs-sun. i am good for a fri or sat run.

if no one posts about wanting to go for a run before weds i WILL NOT be towing my jeep up there with me. its gets expensive in gas.

let me know

-chris
BUMP

does anyone want to wheel logandale next weekend?

Unread 11-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #2036
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I would but I should have the motor completely out and dis this weekend, and my truck has a lift but not really set up for anything serious. I may take some atvs out that way.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #2037
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

You guys always want to do **** when I have plans. I'm headed to Dumont this weekend. Maybe the following
Unread 11-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #2038
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok guys so now retract my last post, I will not be coming to vegas for thanksgiving weekend anymore...

I should be coming back though within a month or so

Unread 11-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #2039
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How to have a hot meal on the trail without a fire or microwave.

Step 1. Get some hot dogs.
Step 2. Wrap them up in aluminum foil.
Step 3. Get some large hose clamps. These were from a dryer tube.
Step 4. Strap the bytches to your radiator hose and drive.
I bought a snowmobile a few years ago, it had a "muffpot" a small metal container that clamps to the exhaust. maybe you can fit one on your jeep.

http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopprod_...ood_Cooker.htm
steel_muffpot.jpg  
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #2040
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaniel2405 View Post
I bought a snowmobile a few years ago, it had a "muffpot" a small metal container that clamps to the exhaust. maybe you can fit one on your jeep.
I looked at the picture before reading your post and couldn't figure out what part of the Jeep that was. What an odd name.

There are now microwaves that plug into the cig lighters. They sell for around $200. Would be nice to be able to heat up a quick meal on the trail.

Or this works. Mmmmm...smores.
1dsc01522.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.