Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1359 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #20371
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Only thing I know in Nelson is the water falls and I'm not sure I"ve got the ground clearance for them. Have never done either of the other two. Will a soccer mom ride be able to do them without body damage? I'd like to keep the rockers straight for now at least. I'll be building rocker guards as part of the build.
At nelson you dont have to do the 1st loop with all of the waterfalls. You can try tge 2nd loop with just the trail. And as far as potato, well i took my soccer mom ride through with no issues. It wasn't untill i went to do Devil's Peak that i got any rocker/door damage. And as far as Tie rod, i haven't run that with this Cherokee yet, however i did do part of it in my old one.... And got stuck bad. But the WM702 took a stock XJ through Tie rod.

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #20372
sirhk100

Yeah, I might just head out and tinker around nelson one morning this weekend or something. Maybe take the dog out and let him go nutty for a bit. Only trails I know out there really are the waterfalls and the dirt bike single track. Anything else is still I do in my truck which wouldn't be fun in the stock soccer wagon on the way to the market.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #20373
sirhk100

Oh nice, new parts for the truck should be here today! That'll keep me busy pretty much every night this week. Need to pull shocks apart to change fluids, buy 100% new hardware for all suspension components up front and then get those all cut and trimmed to the right length, bolt the whole suspension back together, give the motor mount brackets some love and hopefully by then the rest of the stuff I need to get the motor back in will be here too. Maybe have the motor back in by end of the weekend if the rest of the parts show up by the end of this week.

Andy, you asked on safety wire stuff... Specifically the 7 bolts attaching the motor mount brackets to the engine block and the two bolts on each spindle holding the brake calipers to them. One bolt I need to do some work on in general actually...

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #20374
sirhk100

Random but... We currently are the supplier for the Ford GT500 shift knobs. The factory we have make these though is having problems keeping their doors open though due to lack of sales. We're looking for other uses of this material but curious... Think this style of shift knob (obviously modified to work on jeeps and match the pattern) would be accepted by the jeep crowd or is it too racer?

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #20375
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Random but... We currently are the supplier for the Ford GT500 shift knobs. The factory we have make these though is having problems keeping their doors open though due to lack of sales. We're looking for other uses of this material but curious... Think this style of shift knob (obviously modified to work on jeeps and match the pattern) would be accepted by the jeep crowd or is it too racer?
I would dig it without the racing stripes. Heck if it didn't have the stripes I would put one in anything.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #20376
sirhk100

Just plain white cue ball basically?

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #20377
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have a pool ball as my shift knob. Mine is Silver with the Houston Astros logo on it. I much prefer the ball to the factory knob.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #20378
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Basically. I like the simplicity of it. In the past I've always changed shifter knobs for the plain ball type knob. Finding one with the correct shift pattern on it would be a plus.
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #20379
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Sounds like you need to do some research on how Walmart's supply chain works. What you stated is true for most retailers, however Walmart is completely different. You may not believe me, and that's cool, but I have done consulting for some of Walmart's suppliers! Walmart doesn't work off of standing orders anymore, they are very close to a JIT (Just in time) system.

There is a lot of research done on Walmart's supply chain, if you're interested check it out. It may be surprising, but when it comes to this stuff I actually know what I'm talking about (from first hand experience). I wasn't always in restaurants.
My experience came from working at a WM distro center in the late 90's. From the reading I did, it looks like things have changed a lot in that time. I didn't know that they had gone to a forecasting method and were cross docking. With that being said, with a forecasting system and automated inventory ordering being done, wouldn't that mean that a hand jammed order was a duplicate of an order already submitted automatically? Could that be why stores are having their orders cancelled?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #20380
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Basically. I like the simplicity of it. In the past I've always changed shifter knobs for the plain ball type knob. Finding one with the correct shift pattern on it would be a plus.
Why does having the shift pattern on there matter? Don't you already know what gear you are in and what gear you are going to without looking? Wait... don't you drive an automatic?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #20381
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Why does having the shift pattern on there matter? Don't you already know what gear you are in and what gear you are going to without looking? Wait... don't you drive an automatic?
I have an automatic now as well as a manual (96 corolla). I don't need the shift pattern on it I just like they way it looks. More of a classic thing I guess. The same reason I think old cars with foot pump washer fluid and hand crank motors are cool. The shift pattern can be helpful if you let a friend drive your car since reverse isn't the same on all vehicles.
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #20382
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

As the driver you don't need a shift pattern... The shift pattern is there for when people borrow your car. Some people still do not understand the manual trans in a VW. They just cannot grasp that reverse is to the left not right.
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #20383
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I borrowed a friends Audi rs4 and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the damn thing in reverse. I had to look through the owners manual to figure out you had to push down on the shifter then in and up. I was stuck at the bank for 30 extra mins.
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #20384
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris, how difficult would it be to set up a shift pattern sensor with an led or digital readout on top of the shifter knob? The senor coul read off the obd port and probably also get the power there also? Could help new manual drivers and people who don't always pay attention. Plus could just be one of those "fluff" items that people buy for their rides...
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #20385
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I have an automatic now as well as a manual (96 corolla). I don't need the shift pattern on it I just like they way it looks. More of a classic thing I guess. The same reason I think old cars with foot pump washer fluid and hand crank motors are cool. The shift pattern can be helpful if you let a friend drive your car since reverse isn't the same on all vehicles.
I agree that the foot pump washer fluid is cool, alone with the high beam switch on the floor. I think the hardest thing that I have ever driven to get used to was a Citroen 2CV. The shifter is on the dash and there was no shift pattern. Kind of sucked trying to figure the damn thing out. It is a standard H pattern but the shifter just kind of sticks straight out of the dash. First is twist shifter left and pull back. Center the ball and push in for second straight back from there for third and twist the ball to the right and push in for fourth.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.