Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1357 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Reply
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #20341
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I've got a list of things I'm going to safety wire during assembly this next time around though.
Such as?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #20342
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,799
Check out this thing
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3576025074.html
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #20343
4x4Brit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Your argument only works if distributors stopped shipping and they haven't. Stores don't have inventory because the inventory that they normally have on the shelf has been sold so they already made the profit. They jack up the prices not because they are trying to make their normal profit. They jack up prices because people are willing to pay it and they pad their bottom line. Let's say that in a normal week, a store sells a case of .223 and has 3 cases in the back. Now, instead of selling their normal one case, a week they sell all four. They have just made in a week what they normally make in a month. They still get their 1 case a week from distributors. They just don't have the back fill that they normally do.

Valid point but what if the distributor is short and their supply is a trickle? The whole situation sucks and obviously the unscrupulous will make their extra cash but I think a lot of mom and pop joints have got to be suffering a bit. Or maybe I'm off base with this?
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702

Last edited by 4x4Brit; 01-27-2013 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: added quote
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #20344
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,191
Where did all of you economics experts come from? Haha. You crazies have been hiding your true expertise this whole time. Haha

At least it provides for an entertaining read!

Continue, please.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #20345
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Khris BTW if you guys need help with the safety wiring I've been doing it for over 13 years now. Between active duty and Northrop Grumman I've safety wired a thing or two.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #20346
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit
Valid point but what if the distributor is short and their supply is a trickle? The whole situation sucks and obviously the unscrupulous will make their extra cash but I think a lot of mom and pop joints have got to be suffering a bit. Or maybe I'm off base with this?
That is the problem, supply is not really a trickle. Did the manufacturers stop making ammo? Did the distributors stop shipping ammo? Not at all. The manufacturers are making just as much ammo as they were before the rush. The distributors are shipping just as much as they were before the rush. The difference is the final sellers. If you had a standing order for a case a week, you are still getting a case a week. I asked at the ammo booth at the gun show if what they bought the ammo for had gone up. The guy said it had gone up by about 30% of what is was at the same point last year yet they were charging 100% more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #20347
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

That is the problem, supply is not really a trickle. Did the manufacturers stop making ammo? Did the distributors stop shipping ammo? Not at all. The manufacturers are making just as much ammo as they were before the rush. The distributors are shipping just as much as they were before the rush. The difference is the final sellers. If you had a standing order for a case a week, you are still getting a case a week. I asked at the ammo booth at the gun show if what they bought the ammo for had gone up. The guy said it had gone up by about 30% of what is was at the same point last year yet they were charging 100% more.
I know you believe supply hasn't changed, and lets for arguments sake say that's true, but there is no doubt demand has changed. The way prices in a market are determined is through an economic principle called "supply and demand." Attached is a link explaining this concept. Check it out and then think about the current market, it then all makes sense! (I would write the whole explanation, however I type for much of my job, so I don't feel like writing anymore.)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

Enjoy!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #20348
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
Khris BTW if you guys need help with the safety wiring I've been doing it for over 13 years now. Between active duty and Northrop Grumman I've safety wired a thing or two.
I didn't know you were a mech too? I too have wired a thing or two. LOL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #20349
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
That is at Scorpion Motorsports on Valleyview and Ali Baba.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #20350
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
That is at Scorpion Motorsports on Valleyview and Ali Baba.

Sent from my Imagination
Yep...I drive by it everyday on my way to work and I've seen that Jeep out front for a while. Didn't know it didn't have an engine
__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #20351
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I know you believe supply hasn't changed, and lets for arguments sake say that's true, but there is no doubt demand has changed. The way prices in a market are determined is through an economic principle called "supply and demand." Attached is a link explaining this concept. Check it out and then think about the current market, it then all makes sense! (I would write the whole explanation, however I type for much of my job, so I don't feel like writing anymore.)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

Enjoy!
I have a basic understanding of supply and demand. I understand that demand has gone up and that price reflects that. The price reflects what the market will bear. The question is who is making the profit? If you were getting ammo on the same schedule that you were before the rush for about the same price you were before the rush and charging 100% more for it, are you losing money?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #20352
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I didn't know you were a mech too? I too have wired a thing or two. LOL
Yep when I was active I was Egress and every last thing in an ejection system is safety wired. Now days I'm more of a crew chief with a touch of egress here and their.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #20353
4x4Brit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I have a basic understanding of supply and demand. I understand that demand has gone up and that price reflects that. The price reflects what the market will bear. The question is who is making the profit? If you were getting ammo on the same schedule that you were before the rush for about the same price you were before the rush and charging 100% more for it, are you losing money?
That's the crux of the debate, are retailers being supplied at the same rate? If so, then it's profiteering. Gotta love capitalism.
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #20354
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,620
who cares? In the long run "They" are making more money and "We" are paying more for the same product.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #20355
4x4Brit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 630
I can't get involved in paying the higher prices, doesn't make any sense. Ill keep shooting my .22 and wait it out. I'm actually considering buying a shotgun to switch it up. Shotgun shells are not as affected by all of this are they?
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.