Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1353 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #20281
sirhk100

So... gut feeling after looking things over a bit more on the race truck last night. I think the motor mount bolts worked their way loose and that's what caused the failure. I don't think the bracket just failed out of the blue.

For anyone that wasn't there... Check out the jack handle spliced into the coolant line on the side of the block! I need to get that back to Garza to return to Dave!

Lowrida!

The two tabs that are ripped off actually are the lower two that secure straight to the block. 2 out of the 3 bolts holding the mount to the block are gone. I know for a fact part of my pre race prep was torquing those. They will get drilled and safety wired this next time! ANDY!!!!!!!!! LOL I also will be running the stock bracket again but it's going to get some additional love via sheetmetal, welder and hammer!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #20282
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

How's your dog doing Khris? Toe heal up okay?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #20283
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

glad to see the garage lookin' like a garage again.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #20284
sirhk100

Yeah, he ended up getting the darn thing off himself and now it's like new again and not bothering him at all...

Unread 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #20285
sirhk100

If anyone has adams1985cj's phone number can you PM it to me. I had to delete all my PM's cause it was full and accidentally deleted his number. I need to talk to him tonight or in the morning before he comes over to verify one thing so that I don't waste his time in coming over for some cage work for no reason... Kinda forgot one small issue I have right now! LOL

Unread 01-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #20286
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
If anyone has adams1985cj's phone number can you PM it to me. I had to delete all my PM's cause it was full and accidentally deleted his number. I need to talk to him tonight or in the morning before he comes over to verify one thing so that I don't waste his time in coming over for some cage work for no reason... Kinda forgot one small issue I have right now! LOL
Just left you a message.
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #20287
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
So... gut feeling after looking things over a bit more on the race truck last night. I think the motor mount bolts worked their way loose and that's what caused the failure. I don't think the bracket just failed out of the blue.

The two tabs that are ripped off actually are the lower two that secure straight to the block. 2 out of the 3 bolts holding the mount to the block are gone. I know for a fact part of my pre race prep was torquing those. They will get drilled and safety wired this next time! ANDY!!!!!!!!! LOL I also will be running the stock bracket again but it's going to get some additional love via sheetmetal, welder and hammer!
Are the threads in the block stripped? Did you use a torque wrench of did you just wrench them down? It sucks that something so simple caused the failure. Let me know when you want me to come by. I would prefer to wire up both sides. I also want to take a look at the wire on the hubs as well. If it is going to be after this weekend, I'll see if I can't get my hands on some .32 wire and wire everything up with that instead of the .20.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #20288
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Freaking bestbuy sucks... I got the extended warranty on a Laptop and it is Running out on Sunday. So I run by the store to get a new battery on order. The girl there tells me that I need to call the 1-800 number, that they always loose stuff when they ship it to the store. So I get back home and call the 24 hour tech support line, get put on hold for over 20 minutes only to get told that their part store is closed and that I need to call back tomorrow. WTF and they wonder why I go look at their store and just order the crap online.
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #20289
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

You got to stick with Costco for electronics. They replaced a tv for my sister 2 yrs after the warranty was up.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #20290
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/20706...aying-neighbor

If that does not make you want to do wheelers pass, I don't know what would. I could have thought of hundreds of better places to dump a body.
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #20291
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/20706...aying-neighbor

If that does not make you want to do wheelers pass, I don't know what would. I could have thought of hundreds of better places to dump a body.
Seriously... That is probably one of the worst places to dump a body. Hell, he would have been better off burying it in his backyard. He could have dumped it miles from anywhere and probably gotten away with it if he could keep his mouth shut.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #20292
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think YSB gave us a few maps to some perfect places...
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #20293
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I think YSB gave us a few maps to some perfect places...
Gay cave!?
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #20294
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Gay cave!?
Is that where he took you?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #20295
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Is that where he took you?
Yep. It was SERIOUSLY scary! It was no joke! The magazine in there had what looked like blood on it under the black light! UV reactive "stuff" all over the floor and walls! Very freaky!
U shooting with us tomorrow?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.