Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 135 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #2011
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Davidson, check it out. My skies are as blue as yours now. I adjusted the white balance of my camera and the results are so much better now. I guess the auto settings weren't as smart as I thought they were.
Nice blue.

Oh, and I recognize that mine, though I won't name it in case you purposefully didn't name it. Did you take the side road up to the upper tailing pile? The turn off wasn't obvious at first, either from the ground or in google earth, but it would've taken you to near the top.

Going down that far, you might've been able to connect to the ground level adits? There were a couple, that I'm sure you saw.

Thoughts and prayers on your hand. Glad you didn't fall into some deep mysterious hole. If you ever go missing, we'll know where to start looking.

Unread 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #2012
Poison3DSpider

Thanks for the pictures. Hope you are well.
Unread 11-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #2013
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

More awesome pictures, here's to hoping everything goes well with the DR.

Glad you made it out safe.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #2014
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well boys and girls...You all have a fun safe Thanksgiving. I am heading back to the bitter cold of chicago/Palatine for a week. I love going back for some R&R. Let me see brakes on the the wifes Explorer, NSS on my daughters XJ, my other Daughters '01 Mustang's filler neck rusted out, Step sons Jimmey the Cat pluged up at 210k. and no warm place to work on them. FML
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #2015
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb strikes me as the guy that is hard not to like. Seems like he is the kind of guy that is always the first to help out and the last to ask for help. I've never met him, but would be willing to help him with almost anything, except hiding a body. I'll hide the weapon! Jk! Anyway how he's ok and gets better soon!
Unread 11-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #2016
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

^x2...met him, good guy. Story teller..........Hope Hes Ok too...
blazepsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #2017
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

X3. He's a very nice guy. Wish I was cool and could go wheeling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #2018
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
X3. He's a very nice guy. Wish I was cool and could go wheeling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Just look at it this way if it wasn't for lame o's like us there wouldn't be any cool people to make us look lame.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #2019
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lol
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #2020
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Anyone ever replace a speedo gear in a atlas II?
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #2021
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Because there haven't been any cool mine pictures, thought you guys might like this:

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #2022
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Back home now. Which one of you has the red JK? About an hour ago we were leaving St. Rose hospital on Eastern. Someone in a red JK yells "Hey, Stupid Bunny!" as he passes. He saw my wife was driving and his smile went away.

Looks like I had another stroke, but it was a litte one. Another Transient Ischemic Attack. It's a type of stroke where blood flow to certain areas of the brain is slowed. Effects are usually temporary. I've had a few of these TIA's over the last decade and each time it takes a little more out of me. I still have a little weakness on my right side, but it's getting better. I should be up and around in a couple of days. Mostly, it has affected my memory. I don't remember what I've forgotten, so I won't notice.

The worst is yet to come when all the bills start coming in. We have great insurance, but even that only covers 80%. I'll probably have to earn about $20,000 just to be broke.

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. I got sick for a few days and you guys start talking like I died. Buncha homos.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #2023
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Because there haven't been any cool mine pictures, thought you guys might like this:
I saw that a few weeks ago. Kinda pissed me off. Not just for their stupidity, but the way they defended their immaturity in the comments. What they did is the kind of things a 5th grader would do.

It annoys me when I see people littering. I also view mines as historic sites, so in my head they're littering a historic site in the worst way. Also, from what I've seen, mines that are covered with bars are often done so to support a bat population.

I hope to see them on a future episode of 1,000 Ways To Die.
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #2024
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here are a few more pictures from the other day.

This was deep inside a mine. It stood over ten feet tall and was the support for an incline shaft rail system.
img_4171.jpg  
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #2025
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

He's the incline rail shaft. It looks like it went well over 150 feet down. When I'm feeling better we'll head back and post up pictures of what's at the bottom.
img_4166.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.