Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1342 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #20116
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,838
I like almost anything automotive. Khris has really got me onto the fast trucks, I've always been into classics and got into jeeps 6-7 yrs ago. Whatever makes you happy go for it. The only thing that pisses me off is people who pretend to be into something they know nothing about. Goes for cars, guns, sports, anything. Just own your interest I guess. I'm sure most people on here feel the same.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #20117
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

How'd andrew put it? Different strokes for different folks?

specifically 5:25-6:25 for the epitome of insane!!!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAyDc3sQUM

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg2jWFk1iDA
That is just retarded. You wouldn't catch me standing anywhere near there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #20118
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
The only thing that pisses me off is people who pretend to be into something they know nothing about. Goes for cars, guns, sports, anything. Just own your interest I guess.
Does that go for members of the opposite sex? Or just their anatomy?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #20119
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Just cause I'm not in a relationship... What are you getting at? I choose single.
Way to shoot holes in my argument.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #20120
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
you would not catch me standing there. I need concrete between me and fast moving objects.
I've been there at that exact spot. The first truck goes by like 5 feet away and it scares the crap out of you. You decide the safe spot is to hide behind a parked truck. Next one goes by and you realize all that's going to do is crush you between the parked truck you're hiding behind and the one parked next to it. Then you figure out there's really no safe spot where you can actually see anything still and realize it's a really dumb decision to be there. So instead you hike down a few hundred yards and climb a power pole in hopes they crash under you and you survive the fall instead of the direct impact. LOL, ask me how I know...

This isn't that spot but it's another in Mexico down in san felipe. My buddy nick with fresh blend off my old gas powered blender. It's a great spectator shot!

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #20121
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I like almost anything automotive. Khris has really got me onto the fast trucks, I've always been into classics and got into jeeps 6-7 yrs ago. Whatever makes you happy go for it. The only thing that pisses me off is people who pretend to be into something they know nothing about. Goes for cars, guns, sports, anything. Just own your interest I guess. I'm sure most people on here feel the same.
I love sports. I was on the edge of my seat watching the 48'ers game on Sunday, when they scored that final run and knew they were going to the world series I was psyched. That Randy Moss is a great quarterback and really knows how to pitch a field goal.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #20122
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Khris has really got me onto the fast trucks
Come out for a ride if you really want to be up ***** creek with wasting your money! Hopefully one weekend in Early March if all goes well! Like I told Andy, make sure you know what you're getting into, once it's built, it's still not cheap! Jeeps typically break but they aren't usually catastrophic you know. You snap an axle, bend something, put a dent in something, rip off a shock, etc... Typically you drive home though.

Trucks like these, a split second mistake and the whole front corner of your truck is gone in the blink of an eye. I did it up north of town 3 summers ago in mine one night! $1500 and 2 months of work and I was ready to go again! LOL

Doesn't look like much but this absolutely destoryed my front pass side corner... Right when I turn my offroad lights off. I hit a rock about the size of a cooler hiding behind the bush. Sorry, the mic is broke...




I asked Jason before we started to build... Are you willing to literally throw the whole truck in the trash and walk away from it? Cause if not, you should take up quilting. It probably won't happen but it could...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #20123
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
dang it... guess I get to keep the rental for another day.

I get into hobbies and as my wife says "I go overboard". But I do know what you are talking about when people get into stuff and have no clue what they are talking about. Some of those people can be nice as heck though. A perfect example is a guy that I met out in Texas. He was retired military and had a mini cooper. I dressed like he only shopped at the mini store... big mini cooper jacket, hats... all the bs. He always talked about how he looked for months until he found the specific color and options of his mini. He even had some ghey mini quote in the signature of his email. Then he bought a v6 mustang... and everything switched over to Ford. Me and the wife always cracked up about it.

I will say that over the years I have gone through cars pretty quick, but that is mostly due to life changes or moving. I know that my list is not long but here is my car list.


1986 Dodge Daytona (Yeah I know)
1982 Z28
1986 IROC Z28
2001 GTI
2003 GTI
1992 Jetta GLI
2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD (Wifes)
1996 Jetta GLI VR6
2003 Jetta TDI
2006 Mustang GT(Wifes)
2007 Chevy Silverado (Wifes)
2008 Chevy Tahoe (Wifes)
2008 Mini Cooper S JCW
2011 Jetta TDI (Wifes)
2005 Wrangler
2011 JKUR
2013 JKUR
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #20124
vegasZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Come out for a ride if you really want to be up ***** creek with wasting your money! Hopefully one weekend in Early March if all goes well! Like I told Andy, make sure you know what you're getting into, once it's built, it's still not cheap! Jeeps typically break but they aren't usually catastrophic you know. You snap an axle, bend something, put a dent in something, rip off a shock, etc... Typically you drive home though.

Trucks like these, a split second mistake and the whole front corner of your truck is gone in the blink of an eye. I did it up north of town 3 summers ago in mine one night! $1500 and 2 months of work and I was ready to go again! LOL

I asked Jason before we started to build... Are you willing to literally throw the whole truck in the trash and walk away from it? Cause if not, you should take up quilting. It probably won't happen but it could...
Speaking of i called that guy. He wants a 1000 for the body and cage work. 5800 for the hole truck 95% finished needs leafs a fuel cell and wired. Has a GM 4.6L in it.


King of the hammers is in two weeks!! Whos going??
__________________
When in doubt throttle out!
vegasZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #20125
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ

Speaking of i called that guy. He wants a 1000 for the body and cage work. 5800 for the hole truck 95% finished needs leafs a fuel cell and wired. Has a GM 4.6L in it.

King of the hammers is in two weeks!! Whos going??
What vehicle is this? Pics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #20126
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
dang it... guess I get to keep the rental for another day.

I get into hobbies and as my wife says "I go overboard". But I do know what you are talking about when people get into stuff and have no clue what they are talking about. Some of those people can be nice as heck though. A perfect example is a guy that I met out in Texas. He was retired military and had a mini cooper. I dressed like he only shopped at the mini store... big mini cooper jacket, hats... all the bs. He always talked about how he looked for months until he found the specific color and options of his mini. He even had some ghey mini quote in the signature of his email. Then he bought a v6 mustang... and everything switched over to Ford. Me and the wife always cracked up about it.

I will say that over the years I have gone through cars pretty quick, but that is mostly due to life changes or moving. I know that my list is not long but here is my car list.


1986 Dodge Daytona (Yeah I know)
1982 Z28
1986 IROC Z28
2001 GTI
2003 GTI
1992 Jetta GLI
2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD (Wifes)
1996 Jetta GLI VR6
2003 Jetta TDI
2006 Mustang GT(Wifes)
2007 Chevy Silverado (Wifes)
2008 Chevy Tahoe (Wifes)
2008 Mini Cooper S JCW
2011 Jetta TDI (Wifes)
2005 Wrangler
2011 JKUR
2013 JKUR
lol my list for being 27 is pretty long
1980 dodge ramcharger
1987 ford f150
1993 dodge dakota
1995 chevy tahoe
1980 camaro (started with car and a engine block)
1980 chevy k20 mud truck
1987 chevy k10 mud truck
2001 chevy silverado
2003 chevy silverado duramax (lifted on 35s and 600hp) (stolen when moved here)
2001 jeep grand cherokee (wrecked rear ended)
1998 chevy silverado
1999 chevy lumina (for my x)
1998 jeep wangler
2000 honda civic
2000 jeep wangler ($400)
1995 jeep wrangler
1993 jeep wrangler (part out)
1998 jeep wrangler...... current

i may have a problem lmao
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #20127
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,405
That jeepspeed. Even at the expensive price that's a smoking deal!!!

Andy, remember that yellow 7S truck that was hauling butt at the race. Check out 2:06 into this one. Well, the whole video is good but it's mostly just the monster sponsored rigs. The slow motion of baldwin near the beginning at 0:43 is pretty amazing though too.


67 baja bug
83 cj7
86 cherokee
96 cherokee
89 civic
01 wrangler
92 exploder
90 accord
03 monte carlo
04 mazda 3
91 exploder
91 exploder
89 toyota pickup
85 mazda pickup
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #20128
vegasZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That jeepspeed. Even at the expensive price that's a smoking deal!!!

Andy, remember that yellow 7S truck that was hauling butt at the race. Check out 2:06 into this one. Well, the whole video is good but it's mostly just the monster sponsored rigs. The slow motion of baldwin near the beginning at 0:43 is pretty amazing though too.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY4fIr4_b90&feature=player_embedded
The motor only has 15k on it. King coils up front sick truck unbelievable price
__________________
When in doubt throttle out!
vegasZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #20129
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,405
So who's jumping on it???? You can race in the same class with us or run jeepspeed or probably even run in 7S as well...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3527679123.html
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #20130
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,507
73 dodge dart
73 Plymouth duster 340
85 Toyota tercel(hated that car)
84 Honda civic wagovan
73 dodge dart
04 Honda Cbr f4i
66 dodge d200 camper special
05 Honda Cbr 1000RR
70 dodge dart
71 dodge demon
69 dodge charger
74 Plymouth duster
00 dodge neon
03 dodge durango
06 jeep wrangler
73 dodge challenger
Soon to own 13 JKUR(hopefully)
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.