Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1336 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #20026
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Find me a '91-94 in good shape with a 5 speed for less within 250 miles. Go ahead, I've been looking daily since August. Not an auto, a manual... (although watch, now that I got one, the market will flood with them! LOL)
Just my experience, but let me guess, needs inside door pull handles, inside door opening handles and funny little yellow & white clips for those, shift lever feels loose, needs the plastic sockets for the lower lever, along with the flat & springy shims (above and below shift tower), plastic clips for the lock cylinders,

Let me know if ya need some stuff! lol

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #20027
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
After the first couple minutes, I wondered wtf that tattoo means? I no comprende.
I wasn't gonna say anything but damn what a way to f up ones body
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #20028
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I am kinda lost on the tattoo as well, maybe I should spend some more time studying it..
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #20029
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't actually think its a tattoo. I think it's Skullcandy's logo.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #20030
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
I don't actually think its a tattoo. I think it's Skullcandy's logo.
Agreed, it looks like one of those things that women use when tanning so the area underneath doesn't tan.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #20031
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I don't know if anyone is looking but this is a pretty good deal for a t-100 Toyota

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3562583193.html

J/10.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3562427837.html
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #20032
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Just my experience, but let me guess, needs inside door pull handles, inside door opening handles and funny little yellow & white clips for those, shift lever feels loose, needs the plastic sockets for the lower lever, along with the flat & springy shims (above and below shift tower), plastic clips for the lock cylinders,

Let me know if ya need some stuff! lol
Nope, none of that. Honestly right now, the only issue I've found with the exploder in general is the door handles from the outside are a bit floppy. Don't know how to better describe it. The ones on my white one are spring loaded where these feel like the springs unclipped or broke. Other then that, literally 100% of everything else feels tight and complete. This one doesn't have power windows or locks which I actually like cause my white ones barely work and just about every old ford I've ever been around has hardly working power locks and doors. Keeping it simple. Laugh all you guys want but this thing really is in good shape for a 22 year old ride and wait till I'm done with it... I'd like to see a jeep go as fast or crawl as well dollar for dollar while still being 100% comfy and well mannered on the road.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #20033
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I don't know if anyone is looking but this is a pretty good deal for a t-100 Toyota

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3562583193.html
When/if I ever trash my truck beyond body/frame repair, that's EXACTLY what I'll be building to replace it with. My whole front suspension would bolt right on and it's already got a good motor to start with. Although, honestly, if I were starting over it would just end up with an LS of some sort from day one. Next time I build another prerunner truck I'm jumping straight to the V8 and straight to the big shocks with tons of frame support.

On a side note I finally saw what failed on the race truck motor mounts. I guess factory toyota steel brackets won't hold a motor in. My home made parts held fine though!!!! I'm happy it wasn't my part that failed! I just need to build it stronger obviously!

Unread 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #20034
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that J-10 was a bit more expensive a while ago, if memory serves. I'd wheel it! paint sucks tho.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #20035
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

k, the actual hack job is done, now to clean it up and finish the accessories (paracord sling, and leather buttstock shell holder, both being made by me). I think i'll be redoing the paracord "sling stud" in chocolate brown, along with the actual sling.

its tiny now!

I wanted to take more off the stock but its freakin CRAMPED when i shoulder it already. My eye is about 5" behind the hammer haha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #20036
sirhk100

Those J10's only had dana30's up front???

And I'm not sure what your guy's driveways look like these days but here's mine! (neighborhoods with HOA's can suck my.... I think it's obvious why I don't live in one. Now granted it's not normally like this. In fact right now I actually only have the white expo parked where you see in these pics, the silver dually is now gone and my red expo is parked in the drive like a normal ride. The race truck is in the garage 100% ready to pluck the motor out tomorrow or wed evening.

Unread 01-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #20037
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Those J10's only had dana30's up front???

And I'm not sure what your guy's driveways look like these days but here's mine! (neighborhoods with HOA's can suck my.... I think it's obvious why I don't live in one. Now granted it's not normally like this. In fact right now I actually only have the white expo parked where you see in these pics, the silver dually is now gone and my red expo is parked in the drive like a normal ride. The race truck is in the garage 100% ready to pluck the motor out tomorrow or wed evening.

it's flying!

And yeah, pre 74 had a D30, same as my waggy. I guess his might be an early 74?

74 was the first year of wagoneers to get the D44 in the front.

Quote:

Unread 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #20038
sirhk100

seems like a heavy truck for the 30 front. Impressive!!!

I prefer "hovering"...

And I'm actually quite happy with this!!! The skid is made from 3/8" thick chromoly plate. You know we were having a good time to have bet the trailing edge up like it is if you look closely! LOL

Unread 01-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #20039
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

When/if I ever trash my truck beyond body/frame repair, that's EXACTLY what I'll be building to replace it with. My whole front suspension would bolt right on and it's already got a good motor to start with. Although, honestly, if I were starting over it would just end up with an LS of some sort from day one. Next time I build another prerunner truck I'm jumping straight to the V8 and straight to the big shocks with tons of frame support.

On a side note I finally saw what failed on the race truck motor mounts. I guess factory toyota steel brackets won't hold a motor in. My home made parts held fine though!!!! I'm happy it wasn't my part that failed! I just need to build it stronger obviously!
Let me borrow your truck next weekend and well see if we can't get you into a T-100 sooner rather than later! I might need some help getting it back to your house and someone to video it because I bet it would be a hit on YouTube.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #20040
sirhk100

I'm not ready to throw it in the trash yet. I want to at least get this last stage of stuff done to it so I can finally spend some real time shock tuning and see really what it's possibly capable of! If I can push Jason's just shy of 70mph thru that spectator area I really think I can push mine 85-90mph thru it once it's all said and done!!! Same motor but I really think my 5 speed is getting that much more power to the ground and the extra travel I have over the race truck should get it there. Just a matter of if I can get the shocks dialed in cause he has way more shock then I do. That's all once I redo my front end to hold up to that abuse! And if things go right I should have a center console like the race truck but also a headliner, padded wrapped interior cage, carpet, heater and a decent system in the cab too vs. his sheet metal interior! LOL This next phase I'm stepping up the strength of my front end and also giving the interior some much needed love!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.