Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1335 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #20011
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

so much for a clean garage, huh?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #20012
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Holy cow :O I would never have guessed Mr. Almost-as-cheap-as-me didn't even talk the dude down a hundred bucks or two.
He was firm on the price and honestly, after having only seen two absolute beat to crap ones in the past 6 months that fit my wish list I was fine in this rare occasion on paying full asking price. It crossed my mind though, trust me. He tossed in a tuner, brand new in the box CD player, K&N cleaning stuff, a MASSIVE list of receipts for everything done in the last 4 years on it, some free bird seed and some other things so I I'm fine with the deal for sure. If 3-4 months from now I'm rolling around in something similar to that black expo I'll be absolutely stoked cause that exact one and the "camburg explorer" have seriously been a benchmark/dream of mine since about '01 yet for one reason or another I've always taken on another project. It's about time I got this stupid vehicle lined up and ready to build in my driveway!

And clean garage? What's that???? I've got race truck to button up which will roll right into the exploder build and that will be followed directly by my toyota upgrade list. It probably won't be clean till late summer/early fall and by then I'll probably be gearing up for a first race solo in the race truck so I bet it's still not clean then even!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #20013
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
He was firm on the price and honestly, after having only seen two absolute beat to crap ones in the past 6 months that fit my wish list I was fine in this rare occasion on paying full asking price. It crossed my mind though, trust me. He tossed in a tuner, brand new in the box CD player, K&N cleaning stuff, a MASSIVE list of receipts for everything done in the last 4 years on it, some free bird seed and some other things so I I'm fine with the deal for sure. If 3-4 months from now I'm rolling around in something similar to that black expo I'll be absolutely stoked cause that exact one and the "camburg explorer" have seriously been a benchmark/dream of mine since about '01 yet for one reason or another I've always taken on another project. It's about time I got this stupid vehicle lined up and ready to build in my driveway!

And clean garage? What's that???? I've got race truck to button up which will roll right into the exploder build and that will be followed directly by my toyota upgrade list. It probably won't be clean till late summer/early fall and by then I'll probably be gearing up for a first race solo in the race truck so I bet it's still not clean then even!
Freebird. rock on.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #20014
sirhk100

That's what you zoned in on? LOL, not sure what to think about. Let's do a quick test... Which image are your eyes drawn to first?

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #20015
sirhk100

Engine should be out of the race truck tomorrow or wed night depending on if I get a call to head out for drinks tonight or not from an old h/s friend that's only in town today.

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #20016
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i only saw one pic, and it was the T & A

Unread 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #20017
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Khris I have to blame someone so it's going to be you. I am going to go check these out tonight and try to make a deal. It's all your fault. Haha

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3497611005.html
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #20018
sirhk100

I'll take blame for that and Brenthal typically makes great parts from what I understand. I don't have any first hand experience but once they got past their initial growing pains I haven't really heard or seen any negative towards them. What's the kit use for spindles though? Looks like it's setup for bolt in coilovers? Probably 8" travel? That price isn't bad for long travel type stuff. You know that's going to snowball right? You're going to need front fenders cause of the width, coilovers just to get it installed and driving and then also possibly spindles unless somehow they're adapting your stock balljoint tapered spindles to accept the uniballs? And once you get that installed and do some shock tuning you're rear suspension is going to absolutely suck and then well, you're screwed and stuck dumping endless money into it! I won't say I told you so though... LOL

Unread 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #20019
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I know it's going to snowball but I'm hoping to talk him down a bit. My plan is to gather enough parts to get the front done and install all at once. I'm thinking the rear will probably be done first. Just seems like it could turn out to be a decent deal and a start.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #20020
sirhk100

Rear, deavers, shackles, smooth body shocks and a bedcage. Simple, works, done... Can be had easily for less then $1500 paying retail let alone finding used.

Unread 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #20021
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Khris I have to blame someone so it's going to be you. I am going to go check these out tonight and try to make a deal. It's all your fault. Haha

And so another build begins! Khris is an evil influence.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #20022
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

confused by the steering yet?
Double swinger. I don't think I could build it reliably but I understand how and why it works.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #20023
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Scott, ask him about the spindles. The Brenthel site shows that it comes with them.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #20024
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I take it back, there are two Brenthel kits. One with spindles, on without. The one without shows the same one that the pictures from the CL ad shows. Brenthel site says it is 100% bolt on. With the right coil over, they say 13 inches of travel.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #20025
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

After the first couple minutes, I wondered wtf that tattoo means? I no comprende.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That's what you zoned in on? LOL, not sure what to think about. Let's do a quick test... Which image are your eyes drawn to first?

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.