Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1332 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #19966
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
What I found did happen though is some very old brittle rubber pieces from somewhere got lodged in the squirrel cage for the blower motor and eventually locked it up solid which put out a massive smoke screen comparable to something you saw on a cheech and chong movie.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #19967
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Choppy choppy!

image-3730226055.jpg

Scott, I learned alot today, basically that I can't cut a straight line, but also that I can touch it up perfectly with an angle grinder.

image-2196975466.jpg

If you want help I'd be more than happy!

Next I chop the stock

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #19968
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Choppy choppy!

Scott, I learned alot today, basically that I can't cut a straight line, but also that I can touch it up perfectly with an angle grinder.

If you want help I'd be more than happy!

Next I chop the stock
So what are you going to do about a front sight for it?

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #19969
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Sent from my Imagination
Uhhhh, it's a shot gun! Just point and pull!
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #19970
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Sent from my Imagination
Probably nothing really. There's no rear sight haha. With the size and length, There ain't much use for a front sight but I may add a stick on fiber optic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Uhhhh, it's a shot gun! Just point and pull!
This guy knows what's up!!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #19971
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So, I found my exhaust leak on the rango! Good news is the manifold isn't cracked! Bad news is one of the bolts broke off countersunk to the cylinder head. Even worse news is the bolts are "proprietary thread!" Yaaayyyyy I get to buy dealer bolts, AND try to get the broken bolt out of the aluminum head without effing anything up! Sometimes I miss my old duster 340!!! Much easier to get to stuff! I did pick up some anti seize for reassembly though.
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #19972
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Looks good Marn. I couldn't sleep last night as I was trying to figure out a way to cut a straight line with a hack saw. I came to the conclusion of either finding someone with a band saw, or fixing the cut with a belt sander. It looks like the angle grinder did the trick though. And if anyone is interested a shot gun exactly like Marns is for sale on backpage for $200.

Oh and are you going to paint/cerakote it. I'm thinking the finish on mine is pretty awful so I may try the cerakote as I've never owned a gun that was.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #19973
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Scott, what's the link to the gun on backpage?
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #19974
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Here you go

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...hotgun/8870043
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #19975
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Scott, what's the link to the gun on backpage?
That magtec one I posted the other day is way cooler than mine!

Unread 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #19976
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Looks good Marn. I couldn't sleep last night as I was trying to figure out a way to cut a straight line with a hack saw. I came to the conclusion of either finding someone with a band saw, or fixing the cut with a belt sander. It looks like the angle grinder did the trick though. And if anyone is interested a shot gun exactly like Marns is for sale on backpage for $200.

Oh and are you going to paint/cerakote it. I'm thinking the finish on mine is pretty awful so I may try the cerakote as I've never owned a gun that was.
I'm going to cold blue the end of the barrel and that's it.

Cerakote requires baking.

Duracoat comes in bake and no bake formulas. But a it is like 40 bucks

Checkout alumahyde II on brownells. May be right up your alley

Unread 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #19977
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ever since the Logandale run, my stereo in the Jeep has not been working. When I turned it on, it just showed "protect." I have been trying to find the problem ever since. I pulled the stereo and checked all the connections. I pulled the speakers in the dash and roll bar but found that those were still good. This morning, I started to pull the center console. I found that the harness for the sub in my console was loose. Plugged it in and... Wait for it... The stereo still didn't work. I decided that the connections on the back of the stereo had to be it. When pulling the stereo to re-do all the connections, I found a "reset" button. Pressed it and I now have tunes again. I am kind of excited. No stereo was driving me nuts.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #19978
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Spent part of the day yesterday "restoring" my old trek. It isn't anything special just a hard tail. It came out ok. I'm having issues with it shifting correctly but I'm thinking the gear selectors are either worn out or very gummed up. I have a twin trek that needs a ton that I may dive into fairly soon. Ill post some pics when the wife and I are back from the springs preserve.
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #19979
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That alumahyde looks pretty cool. I may have to give it a try.
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #19980
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post

If you put a hose clamp around it the blade will follow it so it will come out straight.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.