Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1330 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #19936
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I saw that F**got getting on the freeway in front of me! He was cutting people off like crazy and hauling ash! Hope he got a huge fat fine! When I drove through there, the tire smoke was still visible!

Unread 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #19937
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The rotopax are very ridged and I don't think they will swell at all when filled.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #19938
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

sweet. Speaking of 4wp... they are carrying more ****tybilt stuff than ever. It almost looked like ****tybilt and procomp store front.
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #19939
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
sweet. Speaking of 4wp... they are carrying more ****tybilt stuff than ever. It almost looked like ****tybilt and procomp store front.
They own both companies!
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #19940
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is there anything wrong with smittybilt and procomp? Honestly? The smittybilt stuff I have seems to take abuse pretty well. Prevented serious body damage in a side swipe collision in 2011. I have no complaints.
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #19941
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Is there anything wrong with smittybilt and procomp? Honestly? The smittybilt stuff I have seems to take abuse pretty well. Prevented serious body damage in a side swipe collision in 2011. I have no complaints.
I agree I've had really good luck with smittybilt stuff and as for procomp I have their extreme mudders on my truck for the last fifty thousand miles and they still have 30% or so left on them. Getting a new set on Tuesday and am selling the old ones.
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #19942
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
So on my way home I saw a mostly stock jk with a roof rack that had a rotopax strapped to it laying on its side, so I'm assuming it doesn't leak for him hah

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #19943
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

ok I have officially seen it all http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3555478716.html

I just don't care for the products that I have seen and had from smittybilt. There are more companies that have better products that are made in the USA and I am willing to pay a little extra money for those products. I have no real experience with procomp aside from reading some of their reviews. I checked out some of their lights and they did not look like anything special to me. I would rather go with KC, Hella, or PIAA instead.
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #19944
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I take it back, I do have experience with procomp. Dwink gave me a spacer lift before he moved. it was I rebranded daystar kitand they did little to hide it. The instruction sheet was a photocopy of a photocopy ten times over and had sections off the page because someone could not align the paper on the copier. the best part was they put a procomp logo over the daystar logo without covering all of the daystar logo up...then they photocopied it. They did not even change any of the references in the text where it said daystar. So yes a company that will not even spend 10 minutes to fix an instruction sheet correctly makes me wonder about everything else. To top it off the pdf online was the same way!! That plus it rode like arse, they should have really added shock extensions to the kit. Don't mind the spelling...this is from my phone with a decent buzz going on
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:08 AM   #19945
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
I take it back, I do have experience with procomp. Dwink gave me a spacer lift before he moved. it was I rebranded daystar kitand they did little to hide it. The instruction sheet was a photocopy of a photocopy ten times over and had sections off the page because someone could not align the paper on the copier. the best part was they put a procomp logo over the daystar logo without covering all of the daystar logo up...then they photocopied it. They did not even change any of the references in the text where it said daystar. So yes a company that will not even spend 10 minutes to fix an instruction sheet correctly makes me wonder about everything else. To top it off the pdf online was the same way!! That plus it rode like arse, they should have really added shock extensions to the kit. Don't mind the spelling...this is from my phone with a decent buzz going on
Will if you weren't cheap and bought a real lift kit and not spacers. Geeze
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #19946
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I agree about the smittybuilt and procomp stuff, though the quality of some of their products seems to be getting better these last few years; historically everything that I have had of theirs and dealt with has been poor quality. I prefer to stay away from these products when possible. That being said, my 37's have held up pretty decent despite the abuse the last owner and myself have put them through.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #19947
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ok I have officially seen it all http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3555478716.html

I just don't care for the products that I have seen and had from smittybilt. There are more companies that have better products that are made in the USA and I am willing to pay a little extra money for those products. I have no real experience with procomp aside from reading some of their reviews. I checked out some of their lights and they did not look like anything special to me. I would rather go with KC, Hella, or PIAA instead.
People generally only write reviews when they have a negative experience (generally that is a minimal amount of reviews when you consider how many total products have been sold and are being used by satisfied customers). Reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt.
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #19948
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Really it just depends on where you look at the reviews. If you only look at jeepforum for your reviews then you are missing out. I know many people on here post and read the multiple different Jeep forums. I do agree with you that a majority of people only complain online, but there still are people that are just honest.

My all time favorite is AEV, it seems like there are people that love them or hate them... not many in between. Talking AEV is the same as talking religion or Politics.

The spacer lift was free by the way Thanks Dwink!!
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #19949
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
People generally only write reviews when they have a negative experience (generally that is a minimal amount of reviews when you consider how many total products have been sold and are being used by satisfied customers). Reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt.
I also installed a set of their sliders on my TJ. I was not impressed with the fit and finish for the price.
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #19950
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

95 @ Rainbow this morning. There is a car on its side and a truck upside down. Thankfully, I got through before traffic got bad. No need to go to the gun show if you were thinking about it. Everything was way overpriced.

Smittybilt used to be a good company. The fact that they don't want returns when you have a fitment issue is a testament to their crap quality control. After all, if you owned a company, wouldn't you want to be able to look at a product somebody had a problem with and find out if there was something wrong with your manufacturing process? Beyond that, I don't like the way they create knock offs of other companies products. Currie no longer makes a bumper because of them. Their winch is a blatant knock off of mile marker. I have a problem with that.
image-3441631807.jpg  

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.