Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1326 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #19876
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Greg, how big was the oil spot in your pan? Checked under the Jeep last night as I was leaving for a blind date and found an oil spot about the size of a dime.

Blind date went okay except that when a woman says that she is going to set you up with a friend that is "big boned" it means ****ing fat. I actually prefer a woman that has a little meat on her bones but obesity is not a little meat.
I always stayed away from the blind date thing. It only took paying for a fat chick to stuff her fat face once for me to decide never to do that again.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #19877
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Yep, the hoist is no problem. We can look at the cage whenever. I may even get a wild hair and go ahead and cut out everything that needs to go I may ne taking the wife up the Mt. Charleston on Sat., but should be available all day Sunday.
Possibly pick it up Sat evening or first thing Sunday morning? I'll know tonight if I'm going to Parker this weekend and if I do I'd like to go Sat morning and hopefully get back at a reasonable time. If I do my intent is to spend Sat evening getting the whole engine unhooked and unbolted. Then Sunday morning I can hopefully physically lift it out. You don't by chance have an engine hoist too do you?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #19878
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody care for a $27.5k 1981 CJ?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3552361032.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #19879
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
You don't by chance have an engine hoist too do you?
Why yes I do, and you can use it also.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #19880
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

for the parts in that thing alone it's got the value at least unlike a lot of others out there asking crazy prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Why yes I do, and you can use it also.
And I guess I meant stand, not hoist but I'm guessing you figured that out? I'll let you know what my plans are to figure something out with as soon as I know what my plans are. LOL

Unread 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #19881
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

well I will say that he went the expensive route. With the crate motor, fuel injection and all. That is the way that you build something that you plan on keeping and never ever ever plan on getting out close to half of the money/time that you put into it.
Unread 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #19882
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I always stayed away from the blind date thing. It only took paying for a fat chick to stuff her fat face once for me to decide never to do that again.
I don't miss the dating life what so ever. I never really went on many blind dates though. But towards the end I did have a pretty good network set up. I basically had some good friends that were girls.. then hooked up with all of their friends. This generally involved heavy drinking and bars... which I highly avoid anymore. I had fun in my early 20's but now I just think about all of those $100 + nights at the bar and how the money used to just flow through my hands. Now it just flows into daycare payments.
Unread 01-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #19883
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

And that's exactly why I just get drunk at home.

Every night.

Alone.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #19884
sirhk100

Proof that Garza isn't afraid to get dirty!

Unread 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #19885
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I guess I also need to line up a 2nd body to cruise down with me to drive a vehicle back if I buy it since I don't have truck and trailer to haul it back with.
When were you planning on going? I could probably make it.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #19886
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Proof that Garza isn't afraid to get dirty!

Again, cool pic.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #19887
sirhk100

I think Merrick is down to roll with me unless we want to make it a party road trip. I'm leaning towards heading out asap on Sat but also leaning towards renting a car for the day too cause of gas mileage of my vehicles. First word feedback wise (from my parents, they happened to be in the area!!!) is this exploder is overall in very good condition for a 22 y/o vehicle. Only interior issues are the headliner and visors are beat up but they're grey. My current headliner and visors are also grey and also in good shape so that's just a swap item. This one does not have power windows or locks but that's not exactly an issue for me. In fact, my current power locks and windows actually kinda suck so part of me thinks this may better. Not to mention, if you're on a date and you actually unlock the door for the chick, they dig that anyways. LOL

Pros for this one, locking hubs, manual transfer case instead of the stupid push button that very commonly fail (have not seen a single one with the factory tcase option for sale but know for a fact they do exist), 5 speed manual (seen 2 total for sale since August looking daily, very rare also), ford factory crate motor with receipts with about 25K on it. New clutch and trans with receipts also with about 15K on it. Zero oil leaks, zero rattles offroad. Runs really smooth, 4wd works, front locker. Dash has a couple minor cracks but on top where a dash cover would hide them.

Cons (if they even are) paints a little rough (will probably paint it anyways since it would be red with white fenders once I'm done), no power windows or locks (less to fail over time?), and really that's about it. It's about $500-1000 more then I was hoping to spend but the overall condition seems worth it.

Unread 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #19888
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Again, cool pic.
f-off d-wad and suck a C too while you're at it!!!

Oh and thanks! LOL

Unread 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #19889
sirhk100

Anyone know who's got the cheapest car rental deals?

Unread 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #19890
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

by far the cheapest is to dress up like a valet and pick whichever car pulls up that you like. Just remember to be courteous to the previous driver... the just might give you a tip.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.