Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1313 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #19681
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Tell me about it. Great, i have a degree and am working in the field, but i could definitely do this job without the degree.

Lame.
x2

student loans suck. I dont have that much but when you dont get the job you thought you were gonna get kicks your *** every month when that bill shows up.

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #19682
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sexy shooter with a sexy gun...

Tried to get the slide back, but it wasn't happening.

The groupings from her first shots. The shots on the top-left and bottom-right were aimed as so.

And a mildly interesting story. We found a dog on Potato yesterday. We were driving up the trail and there was a dog randomly sitting on the side. We weren't able to call it over so we grabbed some food and gained its trust. Turns out there was a big group going up Potato on Sunday. The dog got spooked and ran off. The group spent hours looking for it and eventually gave up. Called the owners and returned the dog, VERY hungry/thirsty but alive. Ironically the dogs name is Lucky.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #19683
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^thats why there are leash laws....just saying. Glad the dog was ok though.
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #19684
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Sexy shooter with a sexy gun...

Tried to get the slide back, but it wasn't happening.

Instead you caught her mid limp-wrist! keep em stiff!

What distance was that target?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #19685
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It was her first time and the recoil is a little much right now. Target was at around 10-15 yards
other stuff
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #19686
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
It was her first time and the recoil is a little much right now. Target was at around 10-15 yards
bring it in to 7 yards. No reason to be shooting that far if you're just starting out.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #19687
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

So, dropped the hooptie off last night. Should be picking it up tomorrow looking a bit different.
Waiting patiently for pictures...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #19688
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nice relaxing evening in the garage.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #19689
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Waiting patiently for pictures...
Beyond busy today! Have a 5am alarm and just now going to bed. Only picture I even have of the truck but trust me, it's looks amazing!!!!

Kind of pissed off at the day in general. Was way longer and way lamer then it needed to be because of things out of our control. On top of that I'm pretty sure I have the incar camera audio plugged into the wrong port on the intercom so that's not working. While trying to see if there's any chance of me getting it in the right port, I'm laying with my feet over the passenger side head rest and my head on the floor jammed against the firewall under the dash. No chance without pulling the interior. So pretty bummed I've let Jason down on that and then while trying to work my way out from that position I hit my head on the mirror fairly gently and it shatters so we've gotta find one of those tomorrow too. I've gotta 5am alarm to drop my cousin off at the airport. Then back home by 6ish. Hitch up and load the truck. Then jason will follow me to the southpoint where we're leaving the whole tow rig/race truck for the morning. We prerun in my truck, back to southpoint around noon. Hopefully get thru tech smooth and I'm probably going to jet out to look for a mirror while that's going on. Then assuming we make it thru tech, we're hauling the truck out to jean to leave it out there in the desert over night hopefully around 4ish the latest. Then back to my house to meet Garza and his friend Dave to load pit supplies in their truck. Then we've gotta be back at the southpoint at 8pm for drivers meeting. Then I'm home to pass da f out!!!! I want to be at Jean by 6:30 sat morning at the latest.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #19690
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Beyond busy today! Have a 5am alarm and just now going to bed. Only picture I even have of the truck but trust me, it's looks amazing!!!!
So I looked at your link to watch the race from. I've never been a spectator at an offroad event. I'm guessing as long as I'm off the dirt road ill be out of the way?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #19691
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like the wrap. It's going to look awesome.
other stuff
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #19692
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
So I looked at your link to watch the race from. I've never been a spectator at an offroad event. I'm guessing as long as I'm off the dirt road ill be out of the way?
BLM has made spectating offroad kinda poopy! It used to be you could just go out anywhere on the course and basically use common sense as to where to watch and how to be safe. Don't be on the outside of a turn, setup far enough off the main line. Look around and make sure there's not some other parallel line behind you or something a racer might be on, etc...

Now though, and especially after the accident a few years back in cali they basically shut the whole desert area around the race down on race day and you get tickets if you're out there with out the right passes. And instead they heard spectators into one of a couple different areas to choose from. This race in particular only has one actual spectator area and honestly, it's one of the best places you'd want to sit and watch from anyways so nobody is really complaining.

This is the only legal spectating area of the race.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+v...evada&t=h&z=17

People will say they want to be in the pits but honestly, it's boring cause there's a 25mph speed limit in the pits so what fun is that for watching? At that spot you're about 100 feet off the course and the top trucks will be running by at about 120 mph and those whoops are HUGE! With the temps being what they are, I'm guessing it won't be really crowded and if you get there early enough you can most likely pull right up to the fence line and watch from inside your vehicle with the heater on! LOL This is mile 3 of the race too and the race starts at 7:30 so you'll see everyone right off the start. It's a 60 mile loop. I'm not sure how the start is going to be but if they choose on car every 30 seconds, by the time the last car goes by, the leaders will be coming around again cause they'll be running probably a 60mph average.

Here's the course map...

http://hdrarace.com/maps/

LOL, now with all that said, I've gone out on my dirt bike and spectated where I wanted to knowing BLM wouldn't be able to catch me and likely wouldn't even know I was out there cause I cruised slow keeping the dust trail down.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #19693
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Alright man ill be there. Hopefully I will remember to grab my wife's camera and snap a few pics.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #19694
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm doing a full-on build for a buddies '05 LJ.

We already installed 4.88's, ARB's F&R, Superior Alloys F&R

I have a ton of work still to do, but it's getting a Savvy GTS, rockers, corners. Currie 4" suspension w/all options and custom tuned Fox reservoir shocks
17" Raceline Beadlocks and 35" GY-MTRK's
Poison Spyder front fenders
Savvy LED taillights
Savvy 1.25" body lift and MML
Tom Woods SYE/Rear CV
AND MORE.....

Did Savvy bumpers yesterday, and added a SWEET Warn Zeon 10S (I'll have to have one of these!!!)

Front

Rear

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #19695
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://dcclothesline.wordpress.com/2...lity-to-fight/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.