Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1307 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #19591
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Five shots to the head and neck?!! She needs something a little bigger...however, it served its purpose well enough!
My guess is she used target rounds. If she was using defense rounds it is a true miracle that he lived.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #19592
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Woo hoo! Go Seahawks!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #19593
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Headed out with Marn and we did do some more 400 yd work with the Remington 700. The first shot was low and right. Made an adjustment and the next two were slightly right. One more adjustment and three in the bull

Ended up putting about 50 rds down range but I wasn't aiming for the chain.

The silhouette to the right is at 100 yds. To the left, if you can see it, is the white steel target at 400 yds.

Unread 01-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #19594
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I keep hearing that the gun stores around vegas are bare with not many pistols... Is this true?? Ima be lookin for a handgun or two in a couple weeks and i would prefer to only buy a glock or beretta.
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #19595
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

They are getting better. You can find whatever you need around town but you may have to make more then one stop.
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #19596
sirhk100

That farm truck is badass!!! LOL I'll be honest, I can rebuild the crap out of a dirt bike engine or a VW but really I don't have a whole lot of experience or knowledge in engine building. I just get a manual and follow it you know. I've actually never in my life owned a vehicle with a V8. I've just never felt the need to have one. I do want a fullsize truck with one now but I want it to tow with, not to haul butt. I've said it before, the appeal of going fast on the street just doesn't appeal to me. I drive like a grandpa around town for the most part. Come do 65 thru 3 foot whoops and you'll see why doing fast on the street just doesn't do much. We have a mustang at work that's putting down right around 400 to the rear tires and I've driven it a few times, once to Pomona actually for the offroad expo even and I had it for the whole weekend. I put it to the floor a couple times just to see what it would do but most the time I was just cruising 5 over the speed limit and driving like it was an average car.

For the truck. I really wish I had another week! I've got 2 more things I really wish I could knock out before race day but it just isn't going to happen. My gut feeling is it'll be fine and the truck will be just as fast without the things I still want to do done. It would just be nice piece of mind and it would also allow me to know the truck is sitting on the starting line built as best as I can with my abilities. It still is that, just 2 projects short... Next race it'll be 100% for sure! So anyways... Here it is... It's going for the body wrap tomorrow and we get it back on Thursday morning if all goes as planned. I've gotta get tires mounted on the wheels tues night and I should have new rear wheel studs on the door step tomorrow night. Thursday when we get it back I've gotta swap rear wheel studs and put the new tires on. Other then that, sticker it up, secure the tool bag and some waters and we're as ready as we can be. It's been a lot of work but time has flown by. I'm actually not that excited but I know I'm going to be absolutely stoked if this truck sees the finish line on Sat!!! I really want to be able to say I built a race worth/capable truck and that would be my personal payoff! I believe right now our plan is for Jason and his wife to run the first lap, I drive laps 2 and 3 and then Jason drives the last lap with either his wife or me depending on how she's holding up.

So... Pics... It should look like a completely different truck though next time I post pictures of it!

It's sitting crooked cause of the spool and I'm stopped mid turn. The flat plate under the center lights is for rear facing numbers and is mandatory.

Strip across the top of the windshield is nice as a visor.

Breaker bar for the tires tucked right underneath the jack handle. On the opposite side I have a shovel mounted where the jack handle is.

Door latches still work but we're required to have a secondary latch system which is what the hook setup mid door above the handle is for.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #19597
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
Headed out with Marn and we did do some more 400 yd work with the Remington 700. The first shot was low and right. Made an adjustment and the next two were slightly right. One more adjustment and three in the bull

Ended up putting about 50 rds down range but I wasn't aiming for the chain.

The silhouette to the right is at 100 yds. To the left, if you can see it, is the white steel target at 400 yds.
Looking good. Nice target as well. Where did you get that from and how much if you don't mind me asking. I have a plate right now that sits in a holder but would like something bigger that hangs on a chain just like that for longer ranges.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #19598
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Looking good. Nice target as well. Where did you get that from and how much if you don't mind me asking. I have a plate right now that sits in a holder but would like something bigger that hangs on a chain just like that for longer ranges.
Got it locally from LV Steel Targets . It's a 15"x24" 3/8" AR500 plate and cost me $160.
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #19599
sirhk100

Just looked at the latest entry list for the race this weekend. There's some big name Trophy trucks entered! I'm betting my money that we're going to be getting lapped by them on our the first lap!

Unread 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #19600
sirhk100

Spent the whole morning so far talking race/pit/support stuff with Jason who owns the truck. For this first race right now I think him and his wife are going to run lap 1, then I'm going to drive lap 2 with him riding shotgun, then lap 3 we're going to swap seats so he can drive with me riding shotgun and then last lap him and his wife are going to run it again. He needs more seat time then I do at this point. He has a personal connection to where he really wants to start and finish the race and I really don't care about that myself so that's fine. I think it makes sense though for me to drive lap 2 so he can get 60 miles of how I drive the truck and then I can get 60 miles riding with him to see what he's doing and how I'd be doing things different or possibly taking different lines and what not. Should be a fun day if all goes well and the truck survives. Anything can happen though so who knows...

Unread 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #19601
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm pretty pumped for you guys. It had got to be a dream coming true for the both of you. I know that sounds gay but that's the best way to describe it.
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #19602
VegasNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Nick!!! You got any experience tuning race radios?
I do! If you need one tuned, I just need to pick up an element for my watt meter for the 150MHZ range. I sold off my gear when we left Florida to come back to Vegas and have just slowly been regearing up.

http://www.facebook.com/NickOfLasVegas
VegasNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #19603
VegasNick

I appreciate the props on here! Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Throwing in a quick shameless plug for VegasNick; he is a heck of an amazing guy and really knows his stuff. I wish I had the knowledge, expertise and guts he does! He went through my entire CB system, tweaked it where it needed it and isolated an ongoing gremlin that had been eluding me for a while.

If you need any help with your CB, definitely hit this guy up.

Unread 01-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #19604
VegasNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Not sure if he lurks in this thread much, you might get a faster answer PM'ing him
Yeah, guys, please email me at: nick@excopllc.com

I am on and off of here.

Just FYI that I do have some up and down weekends. (Going through chemo so some days are better than others) I always try to get to emails and even try to handle any work that comes up within a day or so.

Nick

Unread 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #19605
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Khris, I assume you got the trailer all good? I'm pumped for Saturday!! Racing season kickoff!!! I know you aren't much for just going to a race to hang around, but if you want to roll with us to Parker on Feb. 1st-3rd your more than welcome to help pit for TT53. Check out the new heart!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr37...dtrP2A&index=1
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.