Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1304 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #19546
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,378
Skip to about the 1:30 spot here. That exact truck and others like it will be running that exact section but going the opposite way which means they actually will be running 10-20 mph even faster then what's shown here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U0EJ_TR7EA

And then quite a while later we'll come bouncing thru at a snails pace in comparison! LOL

right now there's about 15 vehicles entered that are capable of running that speed and likely to be more entered by race day. There's about another 20 or so entered that are capable of pushing 90-100 thru it. And then there's the rest of us. LOL

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #19547
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Once I get off my a$$ and get my jeep back to Vegas I need to find someone that can add a bar to my roll cage and make me a tow bar for it. Anyone?
I have a tow bar i could sell ya....
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #19548
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
And I've tossed out the open invite ride opportunity to everyone on here for the record at our last testing day! (which nobody took advantage of and only Garza to this day from this forum has ridden in the truck) There will most likely be another open invite some weekend between Jan 12th and Feb 22nd cause that's our two next race weekends and I'll fix/prep the truck after Jan 12th and then take it out to put probably 40-50 miles on it between races. There will be one more test session after the Feb 22nd weekend with an open invite and then after that it'll most likely be a while cause the truck will sit and collect dust for quite a while at that point.
Hey.. it's not 'cause I didn't WANT to go for a ride! I just can't that's why I didn't show up.. I would have wanted to too much. I think it's totally awesome that you offered to take folks for rides though - that's really cool of you and Jason!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #19549
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Hey.. it's not 'cause I didn't WANT to go for a ride! I just can't that's why I didn't show up.. I would have wanted to too much. I think it's totally awesome that you offered to take folks for rides though - that's really cool of you and Jason!
x2 i drove past yall on the way to cali that day though..
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #19550
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
ho-lee sheet!
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #19551
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,378
Not holding it against anyone, just giving crap and busting balls in good fun...

The next open invite test sessions should be on a weekend day so it'll probably be easier for most people. I know the last invite being on a friday made it hard for most. I kinda have to admit though, it was cool to spend the day out there getting bounced around while getting vacation pay! LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #19552
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Depending when based around my current garage situation and how crazy you want to get hit me up when it gets closer.
I'm think beginning of Feb right now. And I'll pay in what ever currency suits you. Ha
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #19553
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

I have a tow bar i could sell ya....
I want it to hook to my aftermarket bumper. It has tabs
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #19554
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,378
When you get the jeep back down here it's best for me to have you cruise by or whatever so that I can see it in person and get an idea of what you have in mind. From there I can kinda guess how much time it's gonna take, see what we might need for materials, see how it sorta kinda fits in the mix of garage projects I have lined up, etc and go from there. Payment usually involves covering the material or providing it and pizza and/or mtn dew for my labor that day. Can't work on an empty stomach you know! LOL Although I'm telling myself that after this first race I'm gonna start back in the gym so I might also attempt to cut back on the dew which is gonna be hard! I don't smoke cigarettes and actually hardly drink any alcohol but that darn dew is a mofo to kick!!!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #19555
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
When you get the jeep back down here it's best for me to have you cruise by or whatever so that I can see it in person and get an idea of what you have in mind. From there I can kinda guess how much time it's gonna take, see what we might need for materials, see how it sorta kinda fits in the mix of garage projects I have lined up, etc and go from there. Payment usually involves covering the material or providing it and pizza and/or mtn dew for my labor that day. Can't work on an empty stomach you know! LOL Although I'm telling myself that after this first race I'm gonna start back in the gym so I might also attempt to cut back on the dew which is gonna be hard! I don't smoke cigarettes and actually hardly drink any alcohol but that darn dew is a mofo to kick!!!
Sounds good to me ill let you know when it's back.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #19556
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,467
My gun talk contribution for the week. Added a Crimson Trace laser to my LC9 today.
image-1777369847.jpg  
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #19557
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Blah blah blah I've been in school for like 30 years and almost have a doctorate blah blah blah

Actually, I just finished my eighth year of school. Three more semesters left.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #19558
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Actually, I just finished my eighth year of school. Three more semesters left.
8, 30, same thing!

come on, you've seen my English skills on the book of face, you must know my math can't be much better.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #19559
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
My gun talk contribution for the week. Added a Crimson Trace laser to my LC9 today.
oooo! Shiny!

I didn't know they came stainless or polished
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #19560
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
My gun talk contribution for the week. Added a Crimson Trace laser to my LC9 today.
I like how it's got one in the hole!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.