Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1302 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #19516
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

lol, $100 to fix a windshield is not bad. It is when stuff has to be repainted that it gets outside of my price range.

Heck, I don't want to hear it. I am on my second jeep with the same winch mount bumper without a winch. The only way that I was able to talk the wife into the gobi rack was because I want to do some camping with the kids and dogs while she is gone.
You're kidding right? You got your second jeep because of windshield washer sprayers! Dude, I WISH I had that kinda financial freedom

B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #19517
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody with TJs have you had the "whistling tea pot sound" in your 4.0? Mine started doing it the past week or so. Only when it's first thing in the morning cold. Then it goes away when the motor warms up. 2-3 minutes maybe. Doesn't effect any performance at all. Found this thread here that pretty much sums it up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wh...002-tj-926930/ Going to check for vacuum leaks, loose manifold bolts, etc. Yay get to work on the Jeep this weekend!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #19518
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

You're kidding right? You got your second jeep because of windshield washer sprayers! Dude, I WISH I had that kinda financial freedom
It was actually the new dual note horn that sold me.
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #19519
sirhk100

Chapman in henderson, perfect!!! I've gotta run by there and look at a 2013 anyways so I'll say hello to yours as well for you while I check to see if a part fits it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #19520
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

They have had the title since the 28th, so I would think that they would have it out on the lot trying to move it.

On a good note, I guess there was some money left over from my payoff and they cut me a check for $360. I would say that it would go towards my winch fund... but it will end up being ski lessons for the kid next week.
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #19521
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Happy new year from the federal government. Reviewed my pay stub and have fed taxes increased $160 and ss tax doubled! Roughly $200 increase per 2 week pay period! There goes my new jeep! F$&@$!?&@%¥#+ this ish

Damn, how much do you make???!!!! LOL Cause I just looked at the amount my paycheck went in for last night and mine was reduced about $40 for a 2 week pay period. So by some simple math, $200/$40=5. If you're making 5 times what I do, are you guys hiring? LOL

Unread 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #19522
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Damn, how much do you make???!!!! LOL Cause I just looked at the amount my paycheck went in for last night and mine was reduced about $40 for a 2 week pay period. So by some simple math, $200/$40=5. If you're making 5 times what I do, are you guys hiring? LOL
Khris, we all know Powr is not one that is good with the numbers, per say! Haha.

Based on his dramatic money skills, his $200 is probably more like $20! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #19523
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

he is only the product of our public school system. I bet that ****er sure can count peso's though
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #19524
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
he is only the product of our public school system. I bet that ****er sure can count peso's though
Hey man, I went to public school (albeit not in NV) and I will hopefully be finished with my doctorate in three more semesters.

But that **** is fun as hell, right there! Haha
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #19525
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Marn, how come you were giving me crap over updating my profile when my new jeep was basically the same as the old one. Yet you let Khris get by without updating his? Is it because of this hoist man love that you have going on with him?

Khris, did you find your bad wiring yet? Also lets see some pictures of the wrap when you get it installed.
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #19526
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Hey man, I when to public school (albeit not in NV) and I will hopefully be finished with my doctorate in three more semesters.

But that **** is fun as hell, right there! Haha
just for the record a degree does not make you smarter... I know many many people with advanced degrees that are complete tards. The degree only means that they sat in a class and passed. A "D" is a passing grade.

Heck, I think my degree only helped me open doors for my first job. After that it is just another check box right after experience.
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #19527
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Marn, how come you were giving me crap over updating my profile when my new jeep was basically the same as the old one. Yet you let Khris get by without updating his? Is it because of this hoist man love that you have going on with him?

Khris, did you find your bad wiring yet? Also lets see some pictures of the wrap when you get it installed.
I'll have to look at my profile to see if there's a choice for 1991,1992,1993 & 1994 exploder cause I believe mine is a mutt built with parts from all 4 years and is the reason every single day I do a explorer search on craigslist. I still haven't found the perfect donor yet!

As for the wiring, yes, got it all taken care of last night and the interior is about 99% done. Need to figure out how to secure a tool bag, water and toss some grip tape on the pass floor board/firewall. Basically the truck is actually race ready right now but I still have some things on the to do list for this weekend. Nothing that has to be done, just stuff I want to get done. I'm driving it over to jiffy lube in the morning to get the transmission flushed and since it's there they can change the oil too. I doubt they normally have a truck like this rolling in. LOL Nice part is I need to drive about 100 yards down mtn vista in it. The rest is thru my neighborhood and then I just cut across a parking lot and it's just a straight shot across tropicana into jiffy lube from that parking lot so hopefully I don't get unlucky and meet the one cop that wants to harass me. LOL I think I'm going to strap my mtn bike on the back to ride it home and return to pick up the truck with.

And before anyone gives me crap for using jiffy lube, 1st, it's the closest thing to my house that I can probably actually get away with driving the truck to. 2nd, I'm having them run cheap oil... CHEAP OIL IN A RACE TRUCK???!!! OMG!!! The motor is 100% stock and so is the transmission. The motor oil will most likely never see more then 1000 miles between changes if not less and the transmission will have the oil pan changed at the same interval. So yes, we're running cheap oil cause it will pretty much always be fresh.

Unread 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #19528
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

just for the record a degree does not make you smarter... I know many many people with advanced degrees that are complete tards. The degree only means that they sat in a class and passed. A "D" is a passing grade.

Heck, I think my degree only helped me open doors for my first job. After that it is just another check box right after experience.
In the classes I both take and teach all a D grade gets you is the opportunity to take the class again (it's not a passing grade, C minimum, not even C-).

And, unfortunately an advanced degree, or in my case a terminal degree is necessary for my profession. However, my degrees are backed by 15+ years of industry experience with some of the best companies in my industry. Oh, and I also have these two marvelous things called logic and common sense which seem to be undeveloped or non existent in a majority of the world's population! Haha
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #19529
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Damn, how much do you make???!!!!
In all fairness, I should have also included that both pay periods that I compared had over 20 hrs of overtime, so the deductions were at a higher tax rate because of it. My taxable income was mid 50k for last year. That's with LOTS of overtime. I'm waiting to see what the next check looks like because there will be very little OT on it so far. My buddy sent me this....

image-1300308457.jpg

$1000/year is $83/mo. I was also told that employees at food for less had a very large withholding also, an that it was a mistake that was going to be corrected. Hopefully that's the case.
I know I don't make 5 times what you do for sure! Lol
I AM terrible at math(thanks CCSD!)
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #19530
sirhk100

Well that chart you posted right there is pretty dead nuts on with the math I just ran... LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.