Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 01-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #19486
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would have been happy with an older TJ, but these dang kids and all of their junk take up way too much space. After installing the gobi rack I am very very happy that I upgraded to the new engine. With the wind and mountain passes that I am going to drive through that extra 75 hp is going to be nice once it is loaded up.

Unread 01-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #19487
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Next step super charger Greg. Then you shouldn't have any problems making those mountain passes.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #19488
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The new setup is nice. While the 3.6 does have more power, the transmission is the key. With 4.10's and the stock 32's on my old rig it was searching for the right gear all the time. Constant downshifting. With the new engine/trans combo it holds in overdrive way more. The new Rubi's come stock with 3.73's but I opted for the 4.10's anyways. On the highway at 70mph it is still turning a little higher RPM than I want though. But I have heard that you can easily run 35's without regearing when you have the 4.10's.

I am still waiting for the engine to break in some more, but the new motor was right around where my old one was for mpg before putting the rack on. I am hoping once everything is broken in I should be able to get almost the same mileage as the old one with the rack on the new one.

On a side note Ripp has been working on the supercharger kit for the 3.6 and rumors have the power up around 350ish. The new superchips interceptor (plug and play harness that fools the signals going to the ecu) advertises 20hp gains. I am way happy with the 285 hp and I don't foresee any power adders besides a drop in filter or possibly a snorkel kit down the road.
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #19489
sirhk100

Stupid truck, just when you think you're done with something you realize you must've pinched or cut a wire during install so the entire thing needs to come back apart to fix what should've been the last install between now and race day! Ugh... I can rip out and install this interior in my sleep almost at this point! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #19490
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
I did something to the Glock today....

Stippled all of the factory glock grips.
Came out awesome man! Good job

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #19491
vizzJK

4:10 would be ok for 33". Not 35". Huge difference there. Although some guys do it. I know Someone with 3:23 and 35" (pentstar ) and is completely happy.
vizzJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #19492
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball
Hey good lookin' out!

Man, can you imagine what my yard would look like if I had an acre lot? There have been so many parts rigs and project trucks I'd have jumped on!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #19493
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizzJK View Post
4:10 would be ok for 33". Not 35". Huge difference there. Although some guys do it. I know Someone with 3:23 and 35" (pentstar ) and is completely happy.
well a friend of mine in SoCal has 2 jeeps. A 2010 and a 2013, both of them are automatics. His 2010 has 5.38's on 37's and his 2013 has 4.10's on 35's. He said that there is a large hill that he has to go up to get to his house. He said the 2013 makes it up the hill easily while he has to shift the 2010 into 2nd to get up the hill.

He said driving wise the 2013 is way better than the re geared 2010. He said that he keeps finding himself doing 80mph in traffic with the 2013. The last time that I talked to him he said that he was going to swap the lift/tires between the two of them and he was going to run the 37's with 4.10 gears.

I will say that if I was never planning on bumping up tire size, that the 3.73's are a good match for 32's and the new engine combo. @ 70 mph I am turning almost 2900 rpm, where with my old set up I was around 2400-2500 rpm.
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #19494
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hey good lookin' out!

Man, can you imagine what my yard would look like if I had an acre lot? There have been so many parts rigs and project trucks I'd have jumped on!
I think my wife is scared once we settle down somewhere. I already have her on board that I need a 3+ car garage. We are talking about maybe a 2 car on the house and another 2+ car garage out back.

My father in laws garage is set up nice. He has 2 single doors up front and a single side door. With three cars parked you still have room to tool around. Then he has a huge shop out back for all of his construction/plowing stuff.
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #19495
sirhk100

Marn, I want to try and make a point to get the hoist back to you this weekend if you're going to be around? I can tear it down and probably just toss it in the back of the exploder.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #19496
vizzJK

I can agree with that. It's all personal preference. I have 4:10 with 32" and it's great off the line but I struggle at 70 while windy. The new motor will make things easier! I want one bad!
vizzJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #19497
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizzJK
I can agree with that. It's all personal preference. I have 4:10 with 32" and it's great off the line but I struggle at 70 while windy. The new motor will make things easier! I want one bad!
I know mine is a TJ but I have 4.10s with 33s and can run highways speeds all day even when windy.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #19498
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It is all in the new trans. I better utilizes the power, the old 4 speed auto was 90's technology.

There were many factors in my getting a new one. If the deal would not have been as sweet I would have just added a ripp supercharger.
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #19499
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Marn, I want to try and make a point to get the hoist back to you this weekend if you're going to be around? I can tear it down and probably just toss it in the back of the exploder.
I was thinking that exact same thing, I'm super sorry I havent come by, I'm busy/foregetful and it seriously keeps slipping my mind.

I honestly feel bad that I havent grabbed it yet, i feel like what was supposed to be a help has become a hindrance!!!!!

Will you be home this evening? I have a 5pm walk through in mountains edge and can be by around 6 most likely?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #19500
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Now i'm cooking with gas!!!!

Got an old RCBS press for the price of free.99 that'll go well with the set of dies i have that were thrown in to a deal for a crap ton of brass and bullets.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.