Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1298 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #19456
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Started off the Jeeps new year by popping a transmission line at the campground in Valley of Fire.

I was hooking up the camper and my buddy said "ANDREW! Look!" I came out saw ATF shooting all out from under the bumper then ran back and shut it down. I wish he had said "ANDREW SHUT OFF THE TRUCK" insted of "come look!"

A rubber line that was slipped over a steel transmission line that had been cut by a PO and was secured in place by hose clamps (bubba's favorite) slipped off the steel line, so insted of pumping ATF into the radiator, it was pumping it all over gods green earth. I was horrified that I made such a mess. I reconnected the line then shoveled up as much of the dirt as possible and threw it all in the trash, musta been 60 pounds of dirt.

Anyway, then i fire dup the truck and tried to move it to level ground to check it out. It was hesitant to move,had to get thew RPM's up a bit, but i only had pumped out like 2 quarts and figured there were about 10 left in the truck haha. After moving 30 feet i saw a little bit of smoke coming out of the dip stick hole for the tranny. Holy crap....great.

I dumped in about 1.25 quarts (all i had with me) and it showed on the stick that I was only about 1-2 quarts low. It was shifting fine and driving 100% normal so i drove out to the pauite travel plaza and grabbed 1 more quart to fill it back up. Drove 100% normal on he highway towing the camper. Hope i didn't do too much damage moving the damn thing 30 feet!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #19457
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Man, long day on the mountain, but sooooo much fun. 5 hours of shooting and 2 hours wheeling, perfect way to start the new year!! I had to go stretch the Jeeps legs and took a new wheeler on Potato Ridge.
image-2194093813.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #19458
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That looks so cold! I would have froze my *** of in your jeep.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #19459
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
That looks so cold! I would have froze my *** of in your jeep.
No you wouldn't lol I hard the hard doors on and the heater blasting, I got too hot on the way down the mountain.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #19460
vizzJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Man, long day on the mountain, but sooooo much fun. 5 hours of shooting and 2 hours wheeling, perfect way to start the new year!! I had to go stretch the Jeeps legs and took a new wheeler on Potato Ridge.
We seen you! I was nice up there today!
vizzJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #19461
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

A yup....

Aside from the tranny problem it was a good weekend.
image-3386782249.jpg   image-3874601778.jpg   image-3682197465.jpg  

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #19462
sirhk100

Well, take two... there was actually cars in the parking lot and people here at work today.

Marn, where is that and what's there to do there besides camp? Looks Valley of Fire'ish...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #19463
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Marn, good to see that you are getting out and using the trailer.
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #19464
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Well, take two... there was actually cars in the parking lot and people here at work today.

Marn, where is that and what's there to do there besides camp? Looks Valley of Fire'ish...
That's valley of fire, good eye!

Not a TON to do out there. There are several hikes but not too much I don't think. It's a lot of fun to just explore around and climb the rocks and what not.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #19465
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Marn, good to see that you are getting out and using the trailer.
Thanks! Third run since I got it. That one almost ended in tragedy though haha.

Jared would have gotten a kick out of it...I also had to pull over on the highway on the way out there for a minte, but nobody snapped a pic of me with the hood up.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #19466
sirhk100

There's still a wagoneer at the pic a part in henderson. It's pretty bare tho now at this point. I think it had the gauges cluster in it and some odds and ends. Engine block was there but very picked apart... I was in there on Sat or Sunday morning. The race truck got itself a $12 tranny cooler that we're gonna try out before dropping $400+ on a baller cooler.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #19467
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
There's still a wagoneer at the pic a part in henderson. It's pretty bare tho now at this point. I think it had the gauges cluster in it and some odds and ends. Engine block was there but very picked apart... I was in there on Sat or Sunday morning. The race truck got itself a $12 tranny cooler that we're gonna try out before dropping $400+ on a baller cooler.
I need a tailgate motor. Mine is finally dying

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #19468
sirhk100

I vaguely remember the rear being on it but didn't really pay attention to the condition of if it. I don't foresee heading back in there anytime in the near future at this point or I'd make sure to look a bit closer for you.

Unread 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #19469
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am curious how this turns out. I just plasti-dipped my grail the the leading edges of my hood/fenders for my upcoming roadtrip. The hood/fender are only temp, but I might keep the grill black. Hopefully it limits the chips.

I am mostly concerned about the section of 15 that goes through Arizona. For some odd reason the rocks love me there. I have already replaced 3 windshields due to that section. The last one I was leaving a huge space between me and the car infront of me, but it was almost like a rock came from the oncoming traffic over the jersey barrier.
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #19470
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I am curious how this turns out. I just plasti-dipped my grail the the leading edges of my hood/fenders for my upcoming roadtrip. The hood/fender are only temp, but I might keep the grill black. Hopefully it limits the chips.

I am mostly concerned about the section of 15 that goes through Arizona. For some odd reason the rocks love me there. I have already replaced 3 windshields due to that section. The last one I was leaving a huge space between me and the car infront of me, but it was almost like a rock came from the oncoming traffic over the jersey barrier.
Maybe it was from aliens, you should plastidip your windshield to keep it safe
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.