Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1296 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #19426
sirhk100

So, off work for the last 11 days. Head into work this morning and the lots empty and all locked up. Make a call and turns out on Thursday last week they decided to take today off too so I guess make that 13 days off in a row. That also means I've got a 3 day work week, then a 2 day weekend followed by 3 days of work and then a 4 day race weekend! And my paycheck should be 100% normal... Well actually that's a lie, my next paycheck should be even bigger cause I got a raise on my last day at work. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #19427
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good for you bud. It's sounds like you've got a great work situation. No if only you could get paid for racing and fab work and did t have to have a day job.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #19428
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

cool beans Khris. Almost sounds like my wife, but she goes back for 3 days then takes a full week off. Not sure about her raise though with all of this budget stuff going on. I think her annual raise was only going to be around 1% anyways. Her big raise come in March when she final sews on the rank that she made last year.
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #19429
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any one know what 16" moabs are selling for right now?

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #19430
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Any one know what 16" moabs are selling for right now?

Sent from my Imagination
If you ask Powr they are probably about $250 a wheel! Haha Or probably more!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #19431
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So, off work for the last 11 days. Head into work this morning and the lots empty and all locked up. Make a call and turns out on Thursday last week they decided to take today off too so I guess make that 13 days off in a row. That also means I've got a 3 day work week, then a 2 day weekend followed by 3 days of work and then a 4 day race weekend! And my paycheck should be 100% normal... Well actually that's a lie, my next paycheck should be even bigger cause I got a raise on my last day at work. LOL
What do you do again?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #19432
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

What do you do again?
The question is what he doesn't do. I'm going to start calling Khris Macgyver
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #19433
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
The question is what he doesn't do. I'm going to start calling Khris Macgruber

I fixed that for you
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #19434
vizzJK

Advice : take your stock side steps off! Ha ha or fender damage will result
image-685938540.jpg   image-4248246494.jpg   image-4265621683.jpg   image-131595174.jpg   image-3207541480.jpg  

vizzJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #19435
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizzJK
Advice : take your stock side steps off! Ha ha or fender damage will result
Doesn't look too bad. I would just tear them off. Factory steps and leer steps and the such offer no protection. Live and learn.
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #19436
vizzJK

Exactly. Maybe if they didn't run under my fenders they may help. Pushing my fender out kinda erks me. All well ace rock rails and flat fenders in 2013 anyway!
image-2483642968.jpg  
vizzJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #19437
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I love my ace rails so far. They are built pretty stout. They take a while to come in, about 4 weeks for mine. I would advice grinding down the washers while they are on order, it was the longest part of the install.
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #19438
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Man rip the flares off as well. It would probably look better but would be less legal.
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #19439
sirhk100

Macgruber... LOL nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
What do you do again?
Well today I've plumbed a trans cooler and loctited every nut and bolt involving the suspension and driveline on a race truck which took about 4 hours to do. Heading off to lunch now and to pickup a case of motor oil and trans oil then putting the whole back of the truck back together while crossing my fingers for a package from ups today so that tomorrow or tonight I can button up the cab.

But my actual paycheck comes from automotive design. I sit at a computer and draw car parts for the most part but I also sometimes fix production equipment, setup and do adjustments on our robotic welders, setup fixtures for or mill work and have even been on the roof a time or two fixing swamp coolers. (the versatility or me being dumb enough to not say "no" is a big part of why I got a raise and really nice bonus this year) My main job though is design work on solidworks. Our bread and butter comes from being the biggest reproduction parts supplier for classic mustangs in the nation but we have a small product line of jeep bling and some modern muscle car stuff too.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #19440
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Macgruber... LOL nice!

Well today I've plumbed a trans cooler and loctited every nut and bolt involving the suspension and driveline on a race truck which took about 4 hours to do. Heading off to lunch now and to pickup a case of motor oil and trans oil then putting the whole back of the truck back together while crossing my fingers for a package from ups today so that tomorrow or tonight I can button up the cab.

But my actual paycheck comes from automotive design. I sit at a computer and draw car parts for the most part but I also sometimes fix production equipment, setup and do adjustments on our robotic welders, setup fixtures for or mill work and have even been on the roof a time or two fixing swamp coolers. (the versatility or me being dumb enough to not say "no" is a big part of why I got a raise and really nice bonus this year) My main job though is design work on solidworks. Our bread and butter comes from being the biggest reproduction parts supplier for classic mustangs in the nation but we have a small product line of jeep bling and some modern muscle car stuff too.
Let me know when they are hiring lol
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.