Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1283 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #19231
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cheapie AR 15's are now hovering at/above 2k!!! NO HC mags available anywhere for less than $40/ea! It's winding up!!! Craziness! The gun show will be an absolute madhouse next weekend! Who's going?!

Unread 12-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #19232
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I figured that the magazines would be the first thing to go... even though they are tapco, I picked up 5 of them on Friday @ 11.99 each
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #19233
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...1-ar15/8770088

they are not quite that high.

On a good note, I was finally able to slap the wheel spacers back on. Now the jeep does not look as goofy
Unread 12-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #19234
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow, hadnt realized that about the helicoil option, thanks for the info Powr! Ksturgio, I appreciate the offer and we'll touch base with you if possible.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #19235
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I found a new crazy gun price. $700 for a ruger p345.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #19236
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I found a new crazy gun price. $700 for a ruger p345.
Wow! I didn't realize they were worth that! Maybe I should sell mine and buy a glock and 10 mags!?
Unread 12-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #19237
VegasNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'll check to see if I've got an easy out for you. Let me know I might be able to come over and help.
Not sure if you can get them at Home Depot but something we use in the aviation industry are left handed drill bits. They will bite in while you are drilling out the bolt and 9 out of ten times they will work much like an easy out.
VegasNick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #19238
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Bolt isn't stuck in the hole, just the threads in the hole are shot. I also double checked, the hole doesn't go all the way through into the head either so there would be no chance of it leaking if we put in a helicoil.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #19239
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, I verified zero on my AR today. I was hitting Terry's new steel silhouette at 200 yards, off hand, on iron sights. That's good enough for me with a magpul BUIS.

I'll let him tell you how his remington 700 is shooting...(which is pretty awesome).

I'm super psyched though. My handloads all went off without a hitch! Fired 8 all together, in 2 different flavors. Tried it with a full magazine and none of them compressed or expanded.

the awesome part....I hit the steel target at 200 yards, off hand on the 2nd shot with the .45-70 hahahaha. And here Terry is making fun of it for having no range!

See it out there?

No?

How about now?

Well, I nailed it! a little off center...but not bad considering the round and the rifle and the shooter.

Had a fun few hours, I took my Dad shooting. I feel like this is a passtime a lot of kids had, but it wasnt until I was 25 years old that I had the opportunity to go shooting with my dad, haha. We never had guns, i mean, we'd shoot around with the pellet guns and all, but still. He's never owned any guns or anything, pretty decent shot with everytihng I've handed him.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #19240
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^ Man, I really really like that trailer.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #19241
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Dave if you have a receiver you could weld up some square stock to mount it that way so you dont have to take it apart. Just a thought
Now that's a good idea. I have some square tube... not sure if it is the right size, but I will check.

On a crappier note, one of the tritium inserts fell out of my rear sight on my new Springfield.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #19242
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
^ Man, I really really like that trailer.
So do I
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #19243
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It was a good day shooting with Marn. Kurt at LV Steel Targets really took care of me this week. Picked up a #6 in 3/8" and took it out for the first time today. Pretty good crosswind, but me, Marn and my 14 year old son were nailing steel all day at 200 and 400 yds.

Unread 12-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #19244
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

x3 on the trailer. Dave, I have some square tubing the right size if you do not.
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #19245
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ace is have a 20% off sale xmas-new years. I think that I might pick up a set of door hangers https://www.aceengineeringandfab.com...gers_p_38.html. Easy enough to make by yourself, but for 75 these are a good deal in my neck of the woods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.