Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1282 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #19216
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone want my glock 36 with nylon holster and 3? mags? I'll sell for $500, or trade for a glock 17 with at least two mags. The 36 has ~250rds through it, and its clean, no nicks or scratches.

Unread 12-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #19217
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Khris, Dave fabs up his own stuff too. Does a good job from what I have seen too
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #19218
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Spinner targets are way fun. I can spend all day shooting my little spinner stand with my .22.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #19219
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Spinner targets are way fun. I can spend all day shooting my little spinner stand with my .22.
I bought this piece of crap Winchester spinning target that would have been fun if it actually stood up after every round
Every time I shot the damn thing it fell over

What brand are you using?
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #19220
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282

I bought this piece of crap Winchester spinning target that would have been fun if it actually stood up after every round
Every time I shot the damn thing it fell over

What brand are you using?
I'll have to check. Mine falls occasionally but one day ill get around to welding it so it doesn't fall. It usually takes a couple of hundred rounds to knock it down.
Unread 12-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #19221
sirhk100

Right on with the fab! Didn't know so was just tossing out the offer.

BTW, I've been looking for some how to lessons lately so that maybe I could out cook Merrick and I found this amazing instructional series on youtube that I really do think you all should check out! Especially you married guys! The wife will thank you in so many ways! Trust me!

Maybe make some turkey?

And xmas pudding!!!

the guy is pretty versatile too! He even shows how to make your own app for you iphone users!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #19222
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Dave if you have a receiver you could weld up some square stock to mount it that way so you dont have to take it apart. Just a thought
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #19223
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Since everyone is posting their activities and issues I'll join in...

Tuesday night WM702 and friends did a run out to Nelson NV, at the meeting spot LittleMike's old YJ was squealing like a stuck pig and smoking with an electrical fire smell. Turns out his AC compressor is shot and the bearings were toasting. He doesn't have the cash to replace it right now so we decided to put on a shorter belt and bypass it. Replaced the upper idler pulley as well because it was shot. He also mentioned his heater isn't working and that his engine temp never really moves so we decided to check the thermostat while the belt was off, put in a thermostat 'cause there was not one in it at all, then in the process of putting it back together, torqued the bottom bolt too tight and stripped the threads so it was leaking. Took it back apart, then after reading a few ideas on wrangler & jeep forums figure we're gonna have to drill it out then either tap it or put in a helicoil, decided we're gonna need some room to get a drill in there.. Took out the radiator, fan shroud, and fan and found the water pump is shot too. LOOOOOONG day. So now his rig is sitting in my garage in pieces, none of us have any knowledge, experience or the right tools (right angle drill) to figure out the best way to get that bottom bolt fixed. At about 19:30 (we started around 09:00) my wife told us we were done for the night. I gave Mike the keys to my Honda and sent him home.

I can't work on it today and I am leaving town tomorrow to visit inlaws across the country.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #19224
sirhk100

So he's got a new ride for a bit at least! LOL

I don't own a right angle but I have like a 45 degree angle one you guys can borrow if needed? There's also right angle heads that can be used on a standard drill that are fairly cheap at home depot/lowes.

It all sounds like a pain in the butt but also sounds like you guys are at least catching issues that could've been much worse if not caught now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #19225
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the ideas. Dads neighbor might have a right angle drill we can use.. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #19226
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck buddy. Mike is a good kid, i wish i had the time and knowledge needed to help.

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #19227
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just a suggestion....DO NOT use helicoil on water pump nor thermostat housing bolt holes! Many times, the bolt holes enter the water jackets, and helicoils are asking for a persistent leak! Drill it with the smallest possible drill bit and tap it. If he's OCD or anal retentive, do the other/s as well for the same size bolts. Otherwise mark the different sized on for future reference! Make sure your drill is aligned straight, or again, it will leak or just won't torque right!
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #19228
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, use a shop back while drilling an tapping the holes to keep shavings out of everything. A cheapy HF right angle drill and HF taps should get the job done inexpensively....
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #19229
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Thanks for the ideas. Dads neighbor might have a right angle drill we can use.. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.
I'll check to see if I've got an easy out for you. Let me know I might be able to come over and help.
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #19230
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hi everybody!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.