Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1281 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #19201
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Ebay or ultra redneck u can use tape :-P

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #19202
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
I dont do ebay. I do new or jy

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #19203
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

If they are anything like the regulators in other cars that I have worked on, it will probably be that crappy white plastic that broke. Worst case scenario you could pull the door panel and figure out how to keep the window full up with some vise grips or something.
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #19204
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
But thank you for the tape idea, i didn't think of that for the time being

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #19205
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to take this opportunity on the first day of my weekend after consuming my first beer and waiting on a pizza to inform you on what I did today: I dismantled my front axle to replace the leaky passenger side axle seal for the third time in a year. I also sleeved the axle tube and added a Superior Discovery passenger side axle shaft. I am hoping that this solves my perpetually leaky axle seal problem. Seems like I did a lot more, but I guess that's all I did. It is back together and passed the checkride test with no issues. Yet. I also spent a considerable amount of time pondering how I am going to build a steel target tree to shoot at. I have completed the pondering and I believe I will start construction tomorrow. After a morning bike ride. That is all. Please discuss.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #19206
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So are you going to use AR500 steel for this target? Also is it going to be just a round shape or would you make it torso shaped? With that what do you have in mind for a stand/mount?would you paint the surface or leave it bare?

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #19207
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Im interested on how your stand turns out. Are you doing spinner plates or the kind that you knock down?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #19208
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well Puck, I'm glad you asked. First, it has to be able to be taken apart for transport in my awesome jeep. So that is really the part that complicates matters a little bit. Second, I would like to use steel I have laying around which would negate the hardened AR500 stuff since I don't have any laying around. It would not be torso shaped. What I have in mind is a base with a single piece of angle extending somewhat straight up. Pieces of tubing about six inches long welded to the back side of the angle also vertically. Round 3" or 5" steel plates that fit on or into the vertically mounted pieces of tubing. The plates would stick out to the side of the vertical angle iron. So in theory, when you hit the steel plate, it swings around because it is hinged in the tubing. And stuff.
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #19209
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Im interested on how your stand turns out. Are you doing spinner plates or the kind that you knock down?
Spinners so I don't have to reset anything. If I do it right.... which might be improbable.
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #19210
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

But thank you for the tape idea, i didn't think of that for the time being

Sent from my imagination
Ur so ghey if u use tape!!! I'll help u, it's easy and not too expensive!
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #19211
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

Ur so ghey if u use tape!!! I'll help u, it's easy and not too expensive!
Its just untill i get funds for what ever parts i need to fix the window. It's cold with the window down

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #19212
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Well Puck, I'm glad you asked. First, it has to be able to be taken apart for transport in my awesome jeep. So that is really the part that complicates matters a little bit. Second, I would like to use steel I have laying around which would negate the hardened AR500 stuff since I don't have any laying around. It would not be torso shaped. What I have in mind is a base with a single piece of angle extending somewhat straight up. Pieces of tubing about six inches long welded to the back side of the angle also vertically. Round 3" or 5" steel plates that fit on or into the vertically mounted pieces of tubing. The plates would stick out to the side of the vertical angle iron. So in theory, when you hit the steel plate, it swings around because it is hinged in the tubing. And stuff.
So the angle iron would be used for deflecting an incoming round should you aim a tad too low?

Sounds like a great idea. But if the steel is not hardend, wont any rifle round penitrate the target face?

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #19213
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You don't shoot steel targets with rifle rounds closer than like 400yds! Even then, they may go through. Pistol only...preferably non jacketed
Or hollow points. Fmj, it needs to be hardened.
Go to auto zone and get the window reg, otherwise you're going to have tape adhesive on the paint when you're done. They're less than $100!
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #19214
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, this is handgun only, just for messing around so I have something to shoot other than empty water bottles.
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #19215
sirhk100

I made some steel targets when I lived in az. 5" rounds that rotated basically when shot so you usually had a showing target. I made them out of 3/8" cheapo nothing special plate that I doubled up and welded around the edge. Only shot 9mm at it, cheap white winchester box stuff and I'd definitely say I got my money's or well labor's worth out of them.

If you have all the parts cut out and just need something welded up let me know and I can buzz something up for you if needed. I'll maybe even weld it better then I did Marn's first shock tab! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.