Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1280 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #19186
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I am working a half day today but I've got a side project. My grandfather bought a 72 ford truck new in 72. 4 speed, 4wd, 390ci and a/c. He sold it 2yrs ago to a neighbor. He sold it because I asked him if I could buy it, when my ******* cousin decided he wanted as well after I made the offer. So he sold it. FF 2 years the guy who bought it is getting divorced so I am driving up to Caliente this afternoon to see if I can buy it back. I've always wanted this truck and hopefully the guy needs the cash.
Well? Any luck?

Jason made some substantial progress behind the wheel today! After watching some in car footage stuff from me driving last night and us talking he put it to use and got it going much faster today! Great day out testing with zero issues again. Got some good info on the transmission and I'm going to toss a cooler on it. Just going with a cheap one for now and will see how it works. We can bump up to something bigger and better if needed but starting with the super cheap version first. My mom even got to go for a ride in the passenger seat and I didn't take it easy at all. She was laughing the whole way.

Hey Garza, I hit 66mph thru those whoops we parked at today! Jason was running 50-55 pretty consistant thru them too and I finally got to see the truck working from the outside at a decent clip! It looks like it works really good!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #19187
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Jason made some substantial progress behind the wheel today! After watching some in car footage stuff from me driving last night and us talking he put it to use and got it going much faster today! Great day out testing with zero issues again. Got some good info on the transmission and I'm going to toss a cooler on it. Just going with a cheap one for now and will see how it works. We can bump up to something bigger and better if needed but starting with the super cheap version first. My mom even got to go for a ride in the passenger seat and I didn't take it easy at all. She was laughing the whole way.

Hey Garza, I hit 66mph thru those whoops we parked at today! Jason was running 50-55 pretty consistant thru them too and I finally got to see the truck working from the outside at a decent clip! It looks like it works really good!
Great news man! I wish I could have made it out to see that thing fly around a bit - perhaps next time.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #19188
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Well the answer I got on the truck was probably. His x wife lives where the truck is parked. She said that he really loves the truck but hasn't touched it in months. She figures he would probably sell it to me. So she has my number and will have him call me. She let me drive it around the block and it still runs like new. If he doesn't call by next weekend ill drive out there again.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #19189
sirhk100

Right on, sounds like good potential of getting it back then!

Here's the section I was saying I was able to hit 66 thru... This picture kinda shows the roughness or size of the whoops were running thru.

And it's blurry but I kind of like this shot. You can also kinda see how far apart the whoops are spaced. We're going fast enough that we actually sort of fly off the top and just slam the face of each.

Unread 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #19190
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Right on, sounds like good potential of getting it back then!

Here's the section I was saying I was able to hit 66 thru... This picture kinda shows the roughness or size of the whoops were running thru.

And it's blurry but I kind of like this shot. You can also kinda see how far apart the whoops are spaced. We're going fast enough that we actually sort of fly off the top and just slam the face of each.
It looks pretty good. I am pretty jealous of your skills khris. I've been thinking about investing in a pipe bender and trying to make some bumpers and sliders for my jeep.
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #19191
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Odd question guys, any one have stock v8 zj front coil springs laying around?

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #19192
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I thought you already had a lift no?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #19193
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I thought you already had a lift no?
I do. I want to lift it higher. I want about ~3-3.5 inches to clear 35s

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #19194
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Odd question guys, any one have stock v8 zj front coil springs laying around?

Sent from my imagination
I do let me know when you want them. Just a suggestion but you are getting a little tall for stock arms. It ll be a little rough. I'll keep my eye open for some arms.
Unread 12-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #19195
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I do let me know when you want them. Just a suggestion but you are getting a little tall for stock arms. It ll be a little rough. I'll keep my eye open for some arms.
Im buying aftermarket arms too.
Also need to get my hands on some stock xj leafs.

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #19196
sirhk100

Quote:
It looks pretty good. I am pretty jealous of your skills khris. I've been thinking about investing in a pipe bender and trying to make some bumpers and sliders for my jeep.
Rather then paying people to make the things I wanted when I started I used the money to use the tools and here I am like 15 years later. Really it was as simple as that. If you are looking to buy any fab stuff let me know and I'll let you know what I use and what I know about other alternatives. Nothing I have is high tech or magic. It's all very entry level as far as fab work goes in a home garage. Not to split hairs but make sure you buy a tubing bender, not a pipe bender. They are different and your results won't be what you want with a pipe bender most likely. I started with a tubing bender, welder, chop saw, saw-z-all and a hand grinder. You can really do just about anything with that setup and it doesn't really have to be all name brand high quality stuff. As time goes on though you will want more stuff to make things easier and better quality things, trust me! LOL

Unread 12-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #19197
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I even updated my profile just for Marn
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #19198
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any of you guys know how to fix power windows? The passenger window droped while driving and the motor wont work to pull it up.

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #19199
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Any of you guys know how to fix power windows? The passenger window droped while driving and the motor wont work to pull it up.

Sent from my imagination
Needs a new window regulator. Pep boys or auto zone. It's probably like 4 bolts. Done the rango twice!
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #19200
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well...poop. That sounds expensive.

Sent from my imagination

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.