Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1273 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #19081
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yah, I had Dani on the hook for a SCAR 17, but then i seriously had to have a grown up moment and slap myself across the face.

I was about to go buy a 3000 dollar gun.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #19082
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Call me crazy, but I think it's going to be different this time around. The libs won with their assault weapons ban in the 90's. bush allowed it to expire, which enraged said libs. This time, I don't think they'll allow it to be a renewable bill, but a permanent one. Last time it wasn't shadowed by 20 dead children! It's going to be worse this time, and more restrictive! Feinstein suggested a bill that would stop current and future sales, but grandfather in existing ones! I had said that was the worst case scenario in a discussion on Saturday, then Monday, I read that! It's going to get ugly, expensive, and responsible owners will be the only victims!
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #19083
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Or go buy 2 ARs and have $18000 worth of guns by next year.... Just sayin'...

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #19084
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sigh, its a scary prospect.

At least I have my assault weapons already.

I hadn't planned on getting anything else (filled the slots) until this bullcrap hit.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #19085
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So would the mini 14 fall under that? How about the M1?

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #19086
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anything that has a magazine that holds more than 10rds! Just like the Cali ban! So just imagine nationwide restrictions like they have in Cali! Very scary indeed! My wife thinks it will come and go like last time, but I keep telling her that there wasn't a classroom full of dead children last time! It's going to be worse this time around. They're proposing the restrictions on semi automatic pistols, shot guns and rifles!!!
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #19087
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
So would the mini 14 fall under that? How about the M1?

Sent from my imagination
They'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands. I'm willing to fight for my rights. How many liberals are willing to fight to take away rights?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #19088
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i can scoop up 10 20 round brownells steel mags for 110.00....should i?

They're only 20 rounders...

Unread 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #19089
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #19090
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942
other stuff
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #19091
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

god this all pisses me off so much, like im being forced to buy stuff because some ****er is going to take it away.

Unread 12-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #19092
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im thinking about selling my xj so i can buy a bunch of ARs and ammo.

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #19093
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
god this all pisses me off so much, like im being forced to buy stuff because some ****er is going to take it away.
I just don't worry about it. I do what I can to support my views. I will not let someone impede my God given rights. I expect all others to do the same. Here is why I am no longer a republican. If someone wants to be gay and married it isn't any of my business. If someone wants to terminate a pregnancy that isn't any of my business either. I may not agree but it isn't my decision to make. Political talk over from me today.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #19094
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

They'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands. I'm willing to fight for my rights. How many liberals are willing to fight to take away rights?
You would be surprised at how far liberals are willing to go! Think back to the violent protests and then examine what the causes are! Most of the violent protests were for liberal causes! They can and will get violent for their beliefs! Many gun owners think it would be so easy to defeat the liberal movements with their perceived advantage of armament, but think about societies that have been disarmed, and look at how bloody they are! Think china, Iran, North Korea, Argentina, Bolivia, Russia, the list goes on and on! The fight needs to be now with legislation, before it gets to the firing of weapons. By that point, we've already lost the fight, no matter the outcome! The time to act is now, and its not just crying to like minded people, it's about being motivated and talking to representatives and congressmen! Too few of us are willing to take the time and be an activist with the policy makers. That's why the liberals are winning, they mobilize and MAKE them listen with public protests and letters to congressmen!
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #19095
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I just don't worry about it. I do what I can to support my views. I will not let someone impede my God given rights. I expect all others to do the same. Here is why I am no longer a republican. If someone wants to be gay and married it isn't any of my business. If someone wants to terminate a pregnancy that isn't any of my business either. I may not agree but it isn't my decision to make. Political talk over from me today.
I agree. Everyone has their own views, that's fine as long as you respect mine.
other stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.