Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1271 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 12-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #19051
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Falken AT on the left, Garza MT on the right lol
I've read a lot about grooving tires and I guess there is a lot of science involved and variables that change how they grab. Looks really good especially for a first time. I'm impressed.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #19052
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Falken AT on the left, Garza MT on the right lol
Why not just buy a MT rather than cutting ATs?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #19053
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Why not just buy a MT rather than cutting ATs?
I'm glad you asked......because Falken doesn't make one yet and from what they tell me the MT's are 18+months from evolving, and longer before they would be available for retailers. I love the Sumitomo rubber compound these tires have. Stickier than my MTR's and tougher sidewalls than the MTR or the BFG's. The Falkens perform great the way they are, but I have 2 sets and I wanted to compare how they worked with bigger voids. I have a feeling they will work awesome. The only complaint I have about the Falkens is that they run small.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #19054
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you find that they follow grooves and ruts on the roadway? I have them on our FJ and they are horrific if the pavement is rough.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #19055
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Do you find that they follow grooves and ruts on the roadway? I have them on our FJ and they are horrific if the pavement is rough.
I have them on my XJ and Commander, and i never had an issue with wandering on uneven roads. Maybe because mine are only 31" tall on both Jeeps...

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #19056
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Not really. I assume you mean like driving on 215? I'll say this, the newer the tire the worse that is and it's not specific to one brand. I put new tires on my wife's old civic and it was all over the place in the grooves and the worn tires didn't do it. When we bought our Durango, it did the same crap. Now those tires have about 13,000miles on them and it's starting to not track as bad. But my 37"s so far as best as I can tell they don't but I also have bomb diggity steering that has absolutely zero bumpsteer and an assist ram. My wheel only moves when I move it and that's by design.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #19057
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Question how many of you smoke cigars and what store do prefer
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #19058
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So wow, it looks like new frontier took all of its online ordering stuff off of their website. Either they are hiking up the prices or they are following suite with cheaperthandirt
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #19059
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
Question how many of you smoke cigars and what store do prefer
For my normal shopping i hit tobacco leaf. Normally the location on eastern.

Pheasant cigars is good.

Havana cigar bar is good on paradise

Paiute smoke shop is aite but cheap

Casa Fuente is amazing for a drink and a smoke but speedy. It's kind of an 'occasion' place in the forum shops

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #19060
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
So wow, it looks like new frontier took all of its online ordering stuff off of their website. Either they are hiking up the prices or they are following suite with cheaperthandirt
I need to get in there and buy a SCAR

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #19061
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone looking for a good deal?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3442134976.html

I'd gladly take the 33s as a finder's fee
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #19062
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Anyone looking for a good deal?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3442134976.html

I'd gladly take the 33s as a finder's fee
Where was that when I was buying the Wagoneer. Man I looked at bunches of cj's

Quote:

Unread 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #19063
sirhk100

Race truck has window nets! Started the door bars too but didn't like them so I'm holding off to talk with the owner about his thoughts on them when he gets in town tonight. Next two days should be cold but fun assuming all goes well with the truck!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #19064
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

For my normal shopping i hit tobacco leaf. Normally the location on eastern.

Pheasant cigars is good.

Havana cigar bar is good on paradise

Paiute smoke shop is aite but cheap

Casa Fuente is amazing for a drink and a smoke but speedy. It's kind of an 'occasion' place in the forum shops
Same ones I go to. Haven't gone to the forum shop one ill have to try it. Also try man cave cigar bar and ocean hill cigar bar is nice as well. I like ocean hill nice and close to me and they serve beer and wine on the cheap.
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #19065
sirhk100

I just can't get into the cigar thing, maybe I'm doing it wrong but I hate the smell and I don't see the appeal other then trying to look cool. Everyone I've tried has left absolutely the worst taste in my mouth. I guess I'm just too pu$$y for them or something.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.