Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1270 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 12-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #19036
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I always have issues when I pay people to do anything. If I mess it up, oh well. But if they mess up what I am paying them for it is the end of the world!!

Good thing that I can't afford to pay anyone else to do anything.

Unread 12-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #19037
sirhk100

Battery... Yeah, bought the 2nd battery for the race truck so that we'd have all our weight in the rear for the shock tuning. We're blasting thru some big whoops doing the testing on sunday and the shock tuner comes on the radio. "uh hey khris, one of your spares just flew out and the straps dragging, might want to come back." I look in the mirror and sure enough, one of the spares is sitting crossways in the back and the strap is dragging along behind. Well the spare it turns out landed square on the neg terminal of the new battery and busted it out of the battery. It didn't break the plastic housing or anything, just simply popped out. So Sunday afternoon I go back to pepboys with my 24hour old battery and my receipt and simply tell them it pulled out while I was tightening up the clamp. Yeah, that's it!!!! So they exchange it and off I go to install the replacement. All good!!! LOL Pure luck!!!

Oh and FYI, they all walked away including the dog!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #19038
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Oh and FYI, they all walked away including the dog!

That picture is so old the first time i saw it i was so amazed that i fell off my dinosaur.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #19039
sirhk100

I figured you of all people would be appreciative of a classic considering your ride of choice?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #19040
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
That picture is so old the first time i saw it i was so amazed that i fell off my dinosaur.
did they make fun of you wearing skinny jeans back then too?
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #19041
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I remember my first beer.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #19042
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

I remember my first beer.
Glad somebody got the reference

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #19043
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

did they make fun of you wearing skinny jeans back then too?
Nope because Merrick was still in his cave

Quote:

Unread 12-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #19044
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, the only problem with the cherokee is the amount of work to make it survive that compared to the toyota is substantially more! I personally would build another truck and am tossing around crazy ideas of it to be 100% honest but I would never do a cherokee cause they're just that much more work for honestly, an equal (if that) ride...

If you want 4WD crawler and speed there's a better platform out there, it's any ford with a TTB style front suspension! Not amazing at either but REALLY good at both with not much craziness involved fab or money wise in comparison.

You want badass? Single cab '90 ranger, 4wd with TTB front end, extended radius arms, cut and turned dana 44 beams, coilovers and bumpstops, cage it, fiberglass all the way around, links in the rear and drop in an LS based motor with an auto trans and put it on 35 or 37" tires and you'll be able to hang with Garza in the rocks and smoke him in the whoops!!! LOL And if you did the labor yourself it could be done for under $15K pretty easy and possibly even $10K if you found some good deals in the right place at the right time! That's including the vehicle purchase!!! Plus if you did it right, you'd still have a truck bed that was fairly open and usable for hauling gear.
Someone better hurry then.....cause my piggy banks is almost here

http://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19258768.html
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #19045
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

On another note, I have a new Van Alstine tire groover on the way. I went to Casey Currie/Savvy Offroad shop in CA this weekend and cut on one of my Falkens. Turned out awesome, so if any of you guys ever feel like hacking on your tires, I'll have the tool.
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #19046
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
On another note, I have a new Van Alstine tire groover on the way. I went to Casey Currie/Savvy Offroad shop in CA this weekend and cut on one of my Falkens. Turned out awesome, so if any of you guys ever feel like hacking on your tires, I'll have the tool.
Pics of said tire?

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #19047
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Falken AT on the left, Garza MT on the right lol
image-3714807000.jpg  
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #19048
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Falken AT on the left, Garza MT on the right lol
you can bring alot of tread depth back to a fairly worn tire yeah?

Quote:

Unread 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #19049
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

you can bring alot of tread depth back to a fairly worn tire yeah?
Id imagine some, I cut straight through the wear bars so you might salvage a little.
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #19050
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have the same falkens on my XJ. I should do it. How long did to take you to groove that one tire?

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.