Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #1891
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Hey guys. Just got back from the Laughlin Jeep Jamboree. Had a lot of fun, pics and stories to follow, but for now I'll just say, if you're going to be a trail leader, make sure you can lead the drive in the dark. :-)
Cant wait for your report.

Unread 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #1892
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Spaceball, do you have coordinates to these areas? Great Basin National Park isn't that close.

I've read about a few fairly close to Vegas, but it seemed that most had no access or at the least, restricted access. The ones without restrictions didn't seem that interesting to me. If I could find one that has some depth and minimal vandalism, I'd be interested.
How about this one? Leviathan Cave.

http://www.ufomind.com/area51/place/leviathan/
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #1893
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Back from the Hump&Bump!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6880948&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=2&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=2&theater
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #1894
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Man, last year I was all "I wanna make it to hump-n-bump next year!"

Well, sadly my jeep was acting a fool and wouldnt run right....and I never got any front recovery points worked out.

Your pics look like fun though.

On another note, I think I finally got the waggy up and running. I drained all the gas, cleared all the lines, filled it with 5 gallons of KNOW good gas, let it warm up, drove it around the block 6 times, shut it off, started it up 10 minutes later, then drove it another few times around the block....smells normal again and drove 100% fine...but then again it drove fine last time I tested it too, then crapped out again.

A few more road tests will follow, but the results are promising! It may be back on the road now.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #1895
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Some pics from SEMA. Pretty good show this year.

Unread 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #1896
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey Guys,

I’m working on taking my Jeep back to stock to trade in for a rubi (hopefully also an LJ) sometime around the holidays. Wondering if anyone had a few stock components you’re trying to get out of the garage and willing to let go on the cheap.

Shoot me a PM if you have:

• TJ Tie Rod
• TJ Stock Shocks (high mileage OK)
• TJ Steering Stabilizer
• Tires size 235/75 R15 or a little smaller

Also, if you know anyone who might be interested in a stock ’01 TJ or a ’98 Honda CBR 600F3 in a few months, let me know

Thanks!
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #1897
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I may still have the stock shocks from my zj. I know the front will work but not sure on the rear. I check if I still have them after I get off work.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #1898
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
Hey Guys,

I’m working on taking my Jeep back to stock to trade in for a rubi (hopefully also an LJ) sometime around the holidays. Wondering if anyone had a few stock components you’re trying to get out of the garage and willing to let go on the cheap.

Shoot me a PM if you have:

• TJ Tie Rod
• TJ Stock Shocks (high mileage OK)
• TJ Steering Stabilizer
• Tires size 235/75 R15 or a little smaller

Also, if you know anyone who might be interested in a stock ’01 TJ or a ’98 Honda CBR 600F3 in a few months, let me know

Thanks!
I really wouldnt worry about the tires? Your 31's are in good shape, and i REALLY cant imagine aftermarket rims and small aftermarket tires hurting the trade in.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #1899
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I really wouldnt worry about the tires? Your 31's are in good shape, and i REALLY cant imagine aftermarket rims and small aftermarket tires hurting the trade in.
Actually my aim is to move whatever aftermarket stuff I can to the new jeep, and replace with factory-spec items.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #1900
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I may still have the stock shocks from my zj. I know the front will work but not sure on the rear. I check if I still have them after I get off work.
Sweet man, let me know
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #1901
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Broke not 1 but TWO axles at hump n bump...Broke the D35 driver side Friday, fixed it saturday morning, then broke the D35 passenger side about 2 hours later...Guess it was just time for the axles to go...oh well, time for an UPGRADE!

Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #1902
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sad, but hey, as you pointed out, breakage is only an excuse to upgrade!

44? 8.8?

Unread 11-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #1903
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Broke not 1 but TWO axles at hump n bump...Broke the D35 driver side Friday, fixed it saturday morning, then broke the D35 passenger side about 2 hours later...Guess it was just time for the axles to go...oh well, time for an UPGRADE!

Dude........
I could not find you after the first one. sorry to hear about the second one.
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #1904
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

YSB, dude, i just looked back through everything, and you have some sweet pictures, this place ust be heaven for you, kowing what you're doing with proper equipment and all!

Unread 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #1905
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I thought I would throw this out here to you local peeps. I have two pieces of automotive diagnostic equipment.

One is a MTS 3100 Master tech . It is a scanner and oscilloscope. It is currently has domestic and Asian software on it. But since I help out the local Bosch rep. I am going to see if I can get it up dated with your choice of software to current model yr. More info http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/autom...s%20Manual.pdf .Current value is 600-800 as is with new software 1600+. As is no updates I would need $700. Updated $1400.

Second piece is a MTS 5100 4 channel oscilloscope and graphing multimeter. New this tool will run you $8000 with all the options starts at about $4500. I only have the low amp clamp and some cables. No vacuum transducer or ignition cables. But I do have the optional pressure transducer that was a $2500 addition to the base tool. Internal battery is done so must be plugged in or hook to car battery. More info http://www.auto-equip.com/engine_analyzer.htm . I would need 1500.00 for this tool.

I will have both tools out here in Las Vegas after thanks giving.

I would like to sell one or both. Or Trade for a Semi auto hand gun.
Sig Sauer P226, P229, P225, SP2022
Glock 17/19 or 34
Smith & Wesson M&P
Beretta 92, M9, 90-Two

I would gladly trade one tool even up for the right gun+ or both for two+ guns

Will consider others. To take this off this web board E-mail me Mike SW214@comcast.net
Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.