Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1264 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #18946
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Seen Khris and the pre runner headed home i expect a update on the shock tuning
LOL, is it that obvious?

All I can say is bypass shocks are pretty cool! I've never worked with them before cause they're outta my price range. I felt like we got lucky on the valving cause I thought we were pretty close right off the bat last sunday out with it. Well, $250 to have a dude turn a couple screws and the truck is way more controlable, smoother, and just all around better. Puts power down to the ground much better and it's just way more predictable without ever actually taking the shocks apart or even off the truck today in the dirt.

After the tuning guy left we proceeded to beat the living piss out of it and SOLID is still the best way to describe this thing. The videos don't do it justice at all IMO, you just have to ride in it to get a true idea. And speaking of that, I need to verify but if anyone can make it out this Friday I think it's gonna kinda be our video/photo/give friends ride kinda day. Will mostly be Jason, the owner, driving it cause I want him to get as much seat time as possible. I'm doubt he wants literally a crowd but being a workday I'm guessing not everyone and their mother will be able to show anyways. I'll need to clear it with him...

I'm uploading a video right now. LoRes again cause my computer sucks. Jason will be taking all the footage from today, last weekend and this upcoming thurs and friday and be putting something together in full HD. I'll post what I'm loading now later tonight though. It's got some cool angles, in car, front and rear suspension, out the back, etc... One thing to notice, on the incar stuff that I'll post, notice how straight the steering wheel stays and how little I'm having to fight it. Watching it on the big screen here at my house in high def you can see 58 on the GPS and it might not look it but some of the holes are almost waist deep that we're running thru. Come out next friday and see for yourself if you doubt it... LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #18947
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff

THanks, ordered. It's not terrible loading by hand, but it's a little hard on the thumb.
My sentiments exactly! Now we gotta go shooting sometime soon so you can test it out!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #18948
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I met the kid that B0nez pulled off the mountian.

Went wheelin' with him and 2 others.
Young guy loves the skinny pedel more then me...

Sent from my imagination
Is that possible??

Haha seemed like a decent kid, he looked WAY young and more eager than cautious. I sure hope he slows down and learns the right way to do stuff.

Speaking of, I am gonna tow strap LittleMikes rig over to my garage around 8 tomorrow morning and we are gonna see what we can figure out to get him back on the road using the descriptions/advice from here, his manual and hopefully some YouTube vids. If anyone is free and interested in joining, shoot me a PM. I am on the NW side of town, have a very unorganized garage full of junk and a limited supply of tools & experience, but I am hoping we'll have some success.
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #18949
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The kid is 17. He just needs direction from the rest of us if hes willing liston to us.

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #18950
sirhk100

Bonez, not sure if you saw my comment over on wm702 but check it if not... See if it really won't go into gear even with the motor not running cause if that's the case don't even waste your time on the master/slave or clutch in general. If it truly wont go into any gears not running, pull the console, boot, floor access panel and then there's probably a plate on top of the transmission that the shifter goes into. Pull that plate off and see if there's anything obvious right there. If still nothing, most likely next step is to drop the trans. Personally, I'd just look for a cheap replacement at that point but if you guys pull it and think it needs a rebuild PM me and I can put you in touch with my uncle. He'd do the whole thing but if you guys drop it yourself and just hand it to him it'll be just that much cheaper I would imagine.

Oh and... It's at 84% right now so give it a little more time but here's what I tossed together really quick from today. Please don't pass it around though, I'm only posting this here as well as passing it to a couple close friends. Jason wants to keep it under wraps for the most part till he does a full HD edit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d34i...ature=youtu.be

Unread 12-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #18951
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

LOL, is it that obvious?

All I can say is bypass shocks are pretty cool! I've never worked with them before cause they're outta my price range. I felt like we got lucky on the valving cause I thought we were pretty close right off the bat last sunday out with it. Well, $250 to have a dude turn a couple screws and the truck is way more controlable, smoother, and just all around better. Puts power down to the ground much better and it's just way more predictable without ever actually taking the shocks apart or even off the truck today in the dirt.

After the tuning guy left we proceeded to beat the living piss out of it and SOLID is still the best way to describe this thing. The videos don't do it justice at all IMO, you just have to ride in it to get a true idea. And speaking of that, I need to verify but if anyone can make it out this Friday I think it's gonna kinda be our video/photo/give friends ride kinda day. Will mostly be Jason, the owner, driving it cause I want him to get as much seat time as possible. I'm doubt he wants literally a crowd but being a workday I'm guessing not everyone and their mother will be able to show anyways. I'll need to clear it with him...

I'm uploading a video right now. LoRes again cause my computer sucks. Jason will be taking all the footage from today, last weekend and this upcoming thurs and friday and be putting something together in full HD. I'll post what I'm loading now later tonight though. It's got some cool angles, in car, front and rear suspension, out the back, etc... One thing to notice, on the incar stuff that I'll post, notice how straight the steering wheel stays and how little I'm having to fight it. Watching it on the big screen here at my house in high def you can see 58 on the GPS and it might not look it but some of the holes are almost waist deep that we're running thru. Come out next friday and see for yourself if you doubt it... LOL
I would go out to watch but I'll be in Cali. Can't wait for the vids and am really looking forward to this thing in its first race.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #18952
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

He texted me tonight and said it WILL go into gear with the engine off so it looks like things might be okay.

I need to bug you sometime for some advice on how to fab up a stupidly ridiculous overkill tierod for my LJ. The Currie HD on there is bent pretty good.
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #18953
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
He texted me tonight and said it WILL go into gear with the engine off so it looks like things might be okay.

I need to bug you sometime for some advice on how to fab up a stupidly ridiculous overkill tierod for my LJ. The Currie HD on there is bent pretty good.
Stop using you LJ as a bulldoser trying to push bolders and that wont happen!!

But GD it, i have the freakin' "lift my Jeep" itch so bad... The only cure/cream is a lift kit, 35s, 4:88s, lockers, and armor...... BAHHH!!!

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #18954
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^ I have 4.88s if you want to buy them cheap. Front out of an HP30 with less than a thousand miles, rear out of a D44 with about 5K miles.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #18955
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My sentiments exactly! Now we gotta go shooting sometime soon so you can test it out!
Yeah, hopefully I will get it this week. Maybe we can do some shooting one of the next couple weekends. I would help tomorrow with the clutch thing, but going out of town and won't be available.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #18956
sirhk100

Quote:

Video's working... but the quality SUCKS!!!

Swing by sometime so I can see what you have going on.

Anyone else watching "mud people" on travel channel? I didn't see the whole thing but I will admit, boggin looks fun as long as it's in someone elses rig! LOL

Unread 12-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #18957
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Video's working... but the quality SUCKS!!!

Swing by sometime so I can see what you have going on.

Anyone else watching "mud people" on travel channel? I didn't see the whole thing but I will admit, boggin looks fun as long as it's in someone elses rig! LOL
Holy cow that video is awesome!! That front suspension looks almost fake; like a factory commercial showing how shocks work. Impressive! You have some great skills bro!

I need to get your address and contact # and a good time to swing by..
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #18958
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Stop using you LJ as a bulldoser trying to push bolders and that wont happen!!

But GD it, i have the freakin' "lift my Jeep" itch so bad... The only cure/cream is a lift kit, 35s, 4:88s, lockers, and armor...... BAHHH!!!

Sent from my imagination
That's pretty much what he did lol
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #18959
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

That's pretty much what he did lol
Pshaw, I merely slipped off of a rock, dang snow.
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #18960
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Pshaw, I merely slipped off of a rock, dang snow.
In your defense it was already bent as well, now it's just a little more bent.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.