Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1256 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #18826
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMike
Hello,
Im new to the forums, and am the kid B0nez was talking about. I bled the clutch by taking the cap off of the master cylinder and pumping the clutch peddle over 100 times. There were bubbles in the fluid, but pressure never built up in the peddle. I replaced the clutch and throwout bearing within the last 3k miles. Jeep is currently undrivable, and is my daily driver. when started there is a high pitched squeal/ grind noise (sounded like that last time throwout bearing went bad) thats about all I know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Mike
If you literally just "took the cap off the master cylinder" and started pumping its never going to get pressure because there's always an open line. And from what I know you always bleed from the slave. NOT the master because there is air going all the way to the slave.

I hope you're doing it something like this.

What side of town are you on?

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #18827
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Anyone know what the legalities are with dealers advertising a price online and then having the actual price nearly double the advertised price?
The little asterisk or cross at the end of the price. Then you go to the bottom of the webpage and look at the fine print. It normally says stuff like, dealer not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. On some of the rebates it will say stuff like, not all customers qualify.

I noticed a lot of those shady practices at prestige.
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #18828
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here's what happened to me a couple years ago when I had similar symptoms: I started my jeep. I heard a loud clang as the starter motor was turning over before the jeep actually started. There was no interruption with the engine, but I shut it off and restarted it with no issues. I drove normally for a few days. After about two weeks, jeep wouldn't start. Wouldn't turn over. For the first time in my whole life, I replaced the battery without checking the starter due to all the other times in my life when I did check the starter and it was always the battery. No change. New battery, still no start. Pulled the starter. The boss which holds the end of the motor shaft closest to the flywheel was gone. Yeah, broke right off. So, the motor shaft had no lateral stability because there is a bushing there which keeps the shaft straight. Shaft eventually seized. I figured it was one more problem related to the dbag who owned the jeep before me. Figured it had been that way for years.

Fast forward a month. Driving to work and go to leave a stop light. Shifting to second gear, clutch goes to floor and I have no power. It's acting like it's in neutral. Can't get the clutch to engage, no resistance from pedal. Get the jeep home, get ready to pull the trans. First thing I do is pull the slave cylinder to pull the trans. Guess what I found? The cast aluminum chunk of the starter had broken off the starter and become lodged between the clutch fork and the slave cylinder actuating rod causing the clutch to be disengaged full time. Good story, right? Worth checking anyway.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #18829
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
The little asterisk or cross at the end of the price. Then you go to the bottom of the webpage and look at the fine print. It normally says stuff like, dealer not responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. On some of the rebates it will say stuff like, not all customers qualify.

I noticed a lot of those shady practices at prestige.
Prestige sucks. NOt only do I hate with a muthafriggin passion The Chopper because he is a complete dbag; you can't park anywhere near the parts department. I would rather order parts online than go through the hassle of trying to find a place to park so I can go in there and get parts.
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #18830
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
If any of you guys know anyone who would want the '68 CJ5 I bought a while back, it's going to be for sale soon with a TBI 4.3 Chevy V6. All I want is what I have in it. I am waiting for the title to be mailed back to me in my name so that's the only hold up. It's just something I don't have the time or want to mess with anytime in the near future..............................I just bought an '84 CJ-7 thats runs, is locked front and rear, and already on 35"s Some of you guys have a gun addiction, I have a Jeep addiction (although I had zero guns a year ago.....now I have 4 )
so whats the price?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #18831
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Prestige sucks. NOt only do I hate with a muthafriggin passion The Chopper because he is a complete dbag; you can't park anywhere near the parts department. I would rather order parts online than go through the hassle of trying to find a place to park so I can go in there and get parts.
my girl went off on his *** at american chopper build off the other day its was great! he pulled the "dont you know who i am" it was on like donky kong after that
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #18832
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I miss Jim Marsh being a Jeep dealer, sucked that the bankruptcy of Chrysler forced them out, but that's a whole 'nother conspiracy
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #18833
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Well I went ahead and traded up yesterday. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I am a little beat though, stripping my jeep then installing most of it back on the new one last night. Only thing left to put back on the new one are some skid plates and the wheel spacers.

If you guys ever head over to Chapman in Henderson ask for Corey Brewer. He is not the typical salesman dbag. He is actually a jeep guy and very knowledgeable.

I went to prestige first and those mo fo's would not give me my keys back when I asked to leave. I was getting a little mad and almost got to the point of yelling. The kicker of it was that chapman ended up doing a dealer trade from prestige... and I only live a few miles from prestige.
time to update your profile buddy you gonna lift this one or leave it the same as your old one?
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #18834
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
my girl went off on his *** at american chopper build off the other day its was great! he pulled the "dont you know who i am" it was on like donky kong after that
"Do I know who you are?! Yeah, you're that *** on late night infomercials wearing too much makeup and trying to look and sound like you belong on Jersey Shore."
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #18835
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new ride greg. You are officially the man! My wife would not be amused.
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #18836
LittleMike
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Is the slave cylinder down on the transmission external? Like can you actually see it?
I took the cap off of the piece under the hood that said "clutch" when I was trying to bleed it. I dont know much about vehicles or how they work, that was a method that was suggested to me. Jeep is currently located at the UNLV parking lot, and will have to have it towed to North Las Vegas where I live.
I dont know where to look at the slave to see if it is moving or not, so Im guessing that will be the major problem when it comes to checking. The clutch was very recently done, but not done by a shop or a professional, so I cant say it was properly installed.
Thanks for the help thus far guys..
LittleMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #18837
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I, unfortunately, don't know squat about manual transmissions.

I can pull apart a turbo400 and put it back together so it works 75% of the time, but thats my limit on transmission knowledge. Sorry I can't help, but hopefully some of these guys can point you in the right direction, pretty knowledgeable bunch.

Maybe you'd get more info in YJ tech?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #18838
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Congrats on the new ride greg. You are officially the man! My wife would not be amused.
I let my wife work herself into wanting a new one. Once she drove one it was an easy sell. Tonight I made her happy with our decision when I showed her how well the new dual spray nozzles work for cleaning the windshield... that an how much better the drive up to Mt Charleston was. Honestly it was mostly the new transmission better applying the power, but we wont tell her that
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #18839
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Manual transmissions are easy as hell.

Mike what part of town are you in? Might help to have someone with a little bit more knowledge swing by and look at it.
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #18840
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Manual transmissions are easy as hell.

Mike what part of town are you in? Might help to have someone with a little bit more knowledge swing by and look at it.
He's in North Vegas and he said the jeep is at UNLV.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.