Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1253 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #18781
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Interesting. I am looking forward to seeing this, hope I get a chance to see before and after
Yea, I'll make sure you get a look.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #18782
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Why would one need to extend their slide release??
Beats me, and I'm left handed. I've never used the slide release on any of my handguns.

Well, I use it to lock the slide back, when setting up drills and stuff, but i literally never use it to drop the slide. right hand comes up across my chest, grips over the top rear of the slide (NO Slingshot action), pull back, release. far more positive contact/grip plus it gives maximum force to strip the round.

thats all just preference tho.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #18783
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

also gun related:

Rolled a slightly different flavor tonight. I had all this hornady brass that is several hundreds of an inch shorter than the minimum length of .45-70 cases. Turns out Hornady uses a shorter case to compensate for the elongated ogive on their stupid leverevolution ammo. This essentially makes it NOT .45-70 brass, and they should call it .45-65 or something.

Well anyway, this means you can load it to the correct OAL without hurting anything, but then your crimp will not be in the cannelure, and thus it will be very ineffective. no crimp would be needed if i were firing a single shot...

So, solution? Buy their stupid proprietary bullets with the longer ogive and lower cannelure and load your little heart out! This stuff is 5-8 dollars more per box than the 300 grain stuff, so, the cost per round for these guys is about $0.89. No big deal, still way better than $1.65 plus tax.

same powder load (it was different by like .1 grain than the rated amount for my 3.4cc scoop). P.S. this is all i need to reload. except the little powder spoon is not in the pic.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #18784
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

She is gone. I held her in my lap and said my final goodbyes as she passed. Rest In Peace my sweet girl. You will forever be in my heart.
image-2452930277.jpg  

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #18785
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I feel for you Andy. Text or call if you need to talk bro.

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #18786
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I hate reading that. It makes me tear up and reminds me of when we had to put our dog down a few years back.

I'm very sorry.
other stuff
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #18787
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh crud, I wish there were something we could do to make this easier for you; hang in there bud and let us know if you need anything!

On a side note, I never got to meet her, but dang she was a good lookin dog! Looks very happy - I'm glad she had someone that cared.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #18788
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

As much as we mourn the loss of our pets, how great a life we have had as we share that life together. Think of all the times she looked into your eyes and said thank you for life you gave her.
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #18789
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took this from another site...sorry everyone...

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, she breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #18790
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Powr. Perfect words.

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #18791
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Now to lighten the mood...

https://www.youtube.com/v/IQfZY5rvXX...ed%26version=3
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #18792
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Where is this rain/snow at. I want to go up in the mountains and play in the snow
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #18793
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
Hey guys wanted to see if i could stir up some support here for a event my work is having. We are having a car show on friday! The event is free to enter and for spectators the herbst will be there with their trophy truck also along with some of our venders. There will be raffle prizes and also selling gift cards to raise money for opportunity village. Would be great to have some more off road trucks to show support for a great cause. Some of the guys from Warmachines702 will be out parking on each others tires. Any questions please text me 379-2115
Hey Marn - are you still planning on showing up to this? I will be there and would love to see how you have your Christmas lights hooked up.. I am jealous!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #18794
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Where is this rain/snow at. I want to go up in the mountains and play in the snow
X2 I will be very miffed if there is no snow on the mountain. My wife and I are planning to rent a cabin up there just before Christmas.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #18795
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yhaira and I are hiking at Charleston on Christmas day. I hope there's at least a little snow!!
other stuff

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.