Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1251 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #18751
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Blood work came back. Basically, her liver and kidneys are shutting down. Two months ago, her blood work came back fine. Now her liver enzymes are elevated to 5 times their normal levels. Her kidneys are 25 points higher than they should be. Vet said that they could put her on IV fluids and another special diet and we might be able to reverse the issue but not likely for a 13 year old dog. Basically told me that if I were to go that route, it would be at least a $2500 proposition and her odds were still only around 30%

I'll be going after work to set up a time for her. I will soon be saying goodbye to my girl.
Sorry to hear. Losing a dog is very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Really sorry to hear Andy. There aren't many things worse then saying goodbye to a good dog.
Truth

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #18752
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If anyone needs a great, no no sense vet let me know. The Dr. I worked for was amazing and has more then 30yrs experience. A lot of people don't like him because he doesn't keep you in the office very long and that is because he is usually very busy, but he won't rush you out either. Also he is usually the cheapest in town.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #18753
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

My dogs only drink Fuji water for this reason....
I was going to....no comment! Everyone in my house drinks tap water except our infant. I don't buy bottled water anymore. Humans never had RO or bottled water to drink for centuries, and we made it just fine.
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #18754
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Eww... I know there's nothing wrong with the tap water here, but we have a 1 gal Britta. It actually does improve the taste and removes the harshness.
other stuff
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #18755
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Britta is gross. And humans also didn't add bleach and fluoride to their water either. My parents are still on well water here and it is amazing!
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #18756
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
My dogs only drink Fuji water for this reason....
and they still require daily meds!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #18757
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I know a girl named Britta....

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #18758
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
and they still require daily meds!
Only one of them...lol
other stuff
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #18759
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I give my bearded dragon bottled water. Hes a sensitive little prick.

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #18760
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

This conversation reminds me of deuce bigalo
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #18761
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Dani gives the rabbit cold water from the filter in the fridge and i roll my eyes and tell her she's being ridiculous.

stupid rabbit.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #18762
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Truly and honestly, the only thing you need for the water here is a good carbon filter. RO water with little or no TDS has NO nutritional value, and cannot be used by the body. Water needs to have minerals and dissolved solids to be useful. Also absolute pure water doesn't exist in nature(aside from maybe clouds)
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #18763
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Truly and honestly, the only thing you need for the water here is a good carbon filter. RO water with little or no TDS has NO nutritional value, and cannot be used by the body. Water needs to have minerals and dissolved solids to be useful. Also absolute pure water doesn't exist in nature(aside from maybe clouds)
Yah. Same reason you're not supposed to drink distilled water.

I drink tap water and well water. I grew up with well water.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #18764
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Blood work came back. Basically, her liver and kidneys are shutting down. Two months ago, her blood work came back fine. Now her liver enzymes are elevated to 5 times their normal levels. Her kidneys are 25 points higher than they should be. Vet said that they could put her on IV fluids and another special diet and we might be able to reverse the issue but not likely for a 13 year old dog. Basically told me that if I were to go that route, it would be at least a $2500 proposition and her odds were still only around 30%

I'll be going after work to set up a time for her. I will soon be saying goodbye to my girl.
Very sorry to hear Andy. I have lost loved ones but I still think it's harder to lose a dog. And I've lost a few. Again, I'm sorry.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #18765
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the vet advice everyone - looks like we have been doing the right thing feeding/dental chews/vet teeth cleaning wise.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.