Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1250 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #18736
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not a good day in the Andy household...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #18737
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Not a good day in the Andy household...
something happen with the dog?
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #18738
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Or did the X want this jeep to?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #18739
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
something happen with the dog?
Blood work came back. Basically, her liver and kidneys are shutting down. Two months ago, her blood work came back fine. Now her liver enzymes are elevated to 5 times their normal levels. Her kidneys are 25 points higher than they should be. Vet said that they could put her on IV fluids and another special diet and we might be able to reverse the issue but not likely for a 13 year old dog. Basically told me that if I were to go that route, it would be at least a $2500 proposition and her odds were still only around 30%

I'll be going after work to set up a time for her. I will soon be saying goodbye to my girl.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #18740
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Did they say if the blood work could be off because she was not eating due to the chipped tooth?
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #18741
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Really sorry to hear Andy. There aren't many things worse then saying goodbye to a good dog.
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #18742
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did they say if the blood work could be off because she was not eating due to the chipped tooth?
They expected her blood work to be slightly elevated due to not eating. This is way to high to be attributed to that. Unfortunately, this is just another reason she is not eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Really sorry to hear Andy. There aren't many things worse then saying goodbye to a good dog.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #18743
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

That blows
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #18744
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear it Andy.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #18745
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Speaking of dogs - our dog is getting older as well and since we can't have kids, he gets treated about as well as a lot of kids do and certainly means a lot to us.
Our vet recommends sedating him to get teeth cleaned once a year, and we have done every year for the past 4 years since we got him, but he is taking longer to recover now and I have heard that its not the best idea. We try to brush his teeth, but short of licking the doggie toothpaste off, he isn't patient at all with us and spends more time shaking/twisting his head around and clamping his mouth closed.
Anyone have any experience or recommendations?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #18746
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

we just give our dogs the dental chew stuff. We have noticed a larger buildup on their teeth since we have been out here. I guess that could be due to the hard water too
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #18747
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Your dog should be on a dry food diet. Soft food is not good unless there aren't enough teeth to chew it up. The dental cleanings do help a lot as many fatal infections in older dogs are caused by mouth infections. If your Vet is responsible he should be running blood work before every sedation and can use that info to decide whether your dog is a candidate for sedation. I worked at a clinic for 5 yrs as I was training to become a vet and never saw a dog or cat not make it through sedation. With that being said we always ran blood panels and made informed decisions. I would say your dog would probably be fine as long as the vet says it is ok.
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #18748
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sorry to hear about the pup, Andy.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #18749
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
we just give our dogs the dental chew stuff. We have noticed a larger buildup on their teeth since we have been out here. I guess that could be due to the hard water too
My dogs only drink Fuji water for this reason....
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #18750
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
Hey guys wanted to see if i could stir up some support here for a event my work is having. We are having a car show on friday! The event is free to enter and for spectators the herbst will be there with their trophy truck also along with some of our venders. There will be raffle prizes and also selling gift cards to raise money for opportunity village. Would be great to have some more off road trucks to show support for a great cause. Some of the guys from Warmachines702 will be out parking on each others tires. Any questions please text me 379-2115
Could maybe swing by with the Wag....should I leave the camper hooked up?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.