Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 125 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 11-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #1861
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That blinged Jeepney reminds me of something I just saw. Did you see the news about the '64 Impala someone stole from SEMA? Pretty ballsy. It's being reported that is was worth 120k. Must have have some serious customization to be worth that much.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #1862
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't hear about the impala, but I was there yesterday and the customizing on the cars I saw was insane. Some incredible jeeps that made me wish I was endowed with much more money.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #1863
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, it was on Channel 8 this morning. I believe the car was stolen sometime last night. I'm a bit skeptical of the story. When I heard the price of 120k I thought for sure it was an exotic, luxury or sports car. Stolen was a 1964 Impala. If they insured it for 120k, something doesn't seem right.

Ones completely tricked out and restored were selling at Barrett Jackson this year for $25-30,000. It's not like the '64 Impala is rare. I ust checked Ebay and there were at least a dozen for sale. I'd like to know what they had in a '64 Impala that made it worth 120k.
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #1864
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I didn't hear about the impala, but I was there yesterday and the customizing on the cars I saw was insane. Some incredible jeeps that made me wish I was endowed with much more money.
Burnsville Offroad and COP 4X4 were the main reasons I wanted to go this year. Eh...maybe next year.

http://burnsvilleoffroad.com
http://cop4x4.com
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #1865
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm originally from Minnesota so I was happy seeing Burnsville Offroad, they had a sweet Hemi swap
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #1866
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Im from Forest lake MN
where are you guys from?
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #1867
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm originally from Woodbury, MN. But moved here from NC
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #1868
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

If you want ysb my sister sells insurance and has been at sema all week I could get a badge for someone tomorrow I think. I would use it but have to work.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #1869
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, I had this discussion with people at work today. The impala may have had 120k put into it, but it's not worth 120k. There's a big difference. I'm with you, can't think of what would make an impala WORTH 120k.....unless it can FLY....at Mach 2!
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #1870
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
If you want ysb my sister sells insurance and has been at sema all week I could get a badge for someone tomorrow I think. I would use it but have to work.
Thanks for the generous offer, but considering today is the last day of SEMA and a badge tomorrow will only get me laughed at, I just need to prepare a little earlier for next year. I missed the tattoo convention this year too. We dont even have tattoos. We just like to go and watch the freaks.
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #1871
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, I had this discussion with people at work today. The impala may have had 120k put into it, but it's not worth 120k. There's a big difference. I'm with you, can't think of what would make an impala WORTH 120k.....unless it can FLY....at Mach 2!
The news reported it as a 120k car. I thought about the man hours involved, but again, even a fully restored Impala was selling for 25-30k at Barrett Jackson. At that level of car, labor would also be included into the value.

Chip Foose Designs restored and redesigned a '64 or '65 Impala. Even with his notoriety and attention to detail, that car sold for less than 60k. No matter who builds it and what you put into it, in the end it's still a '64 Impala. Classic, but not at all rare, so not much in collectible value.

Let's assume the gayest spinners and the ghettoest audio and video system was installed, one would still have to be very creative with the math to reach 120k.

120k may be what they would like to get for it and I have no doubt they have hundreds of man hours involved, but actual value would fall far short. Old Impala's aren't my thing. If I wanted to drive a boat, I'd get another boat and if I ever lost my mind and paid 120k for an Impala, it better have 100k cash in the trunk.
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #1872
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Im from Forest lake MN
where are you guys from?
Here it is in the order of last residence:
Las Vegas, NV
Jacksonville, FL
Seal Beach, CA
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Norfolk, VA
Camp Patriot, Kuwait
San Diego, CA
Rota, Spain
Gulfport, MS
Kings Bay, GA
Pensacola, FL
Charleston, SC
Corpus Christi, TX
Mtn. View, CA

That doesn't include all the ships I lived aboard for months at a time.

It just occured to me that you weren't asking everyone, but after trying to remember all those places it would seem a waste of energy to delete this post.
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #1873
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
...I spent about a half a year on Negros Island...
My third grade sense of humor had me giggle at that. Can you guess my favorite planet?

Been all over the world, but never to the Philippines. No desires to go either. It's hot enough here.
Unread 11-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #1874
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Nope, my wife was born in southern California. I spent about a half a year on Negros Island as a missionary in 1994. I loved it. I would've been there longer, but I found out while I was there that rice tends to kill me. It's a long and interesting story. To help tie it back to a jeep(ney) topic, this was typical of public transportation where I was at:

Except, of course, we occasionally rode on the roof or clinging to a rail bolted to the side.
Yeah..this is how we roll back there..Missed riding on top of that. The best seat when traveling. The draw back, Rain, bugs and Low hanging branches..hehe
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #1875
loic
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I never go more than 15 yards into a mine, I'm always worry about some toxic fume/gas that could be in there...
Have you done the mine by Devil's canyon ? I often go there hiking and shooting.
loic is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.