Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1247 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Reply
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #18691
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 772
So, one of our Suburbans at work was totaled and its got a 5.3L Vortec with 11k miles and in perfect condition under the hood...hmmmmmm

__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #18692
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
That's a perfect donor cause just about everything that you wouldn't want on that truck will end up sold or scrapped anyways!!! Make sure he's got receipts for the motor build. A solid motor would be my ONLY concern on it. The mileage is high but honestly, those 5 speed transmissions are cheap and a dime a dozen and the 8.8 rear axle will end up bent and trash eventually forcing you to step up to a 9" down the road one way or another anyways! LOL At that point, the mileage is irrelevant as long as the motor rebuild is good.

If you buy this out from under me before I even get a chance to look at it I'm going to be PISSED!!! LOL I'm calling on this on my lunch break... There's a certain something about this particular one that has had me looking EVERY single day since early August and this is the FIRST one that's actually matched EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If the interior is nice and it runs good and a/c and heat and stuff works this could very possibly be my new DD in the next day or two!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3470687985.html


And then come this spring, it also could very possibly turn into my crawler/DD!!!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #18693
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,874
Just got a text from the guy who posted the zj on war machines. If he sells the front end he will sell me the motor. Sweeeet!
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #18694
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That's a perfect donor cause just about everything that you wouldn't want on that truck will end up sold or scrapped anyways!!! Make sure he's got receipts for the motor build. A solid motor would be my ONLY concern on it. The mileage is high but honestly, those 5 speed transmissions are cheap and a dime a dozen and the 8.8 rear axle will end up bent and trash eventually forcing you to step up to a 9" down the road one way or another anyways! LOL At that point, the mileage is irrelevant as long as the motor rebuild is good.

If you buy this out from under me before I even get a chance to look at it I'm going to be PISSED!!! LOL I'm calling on this on my lunch break... There's a certain something about this particular one that has had me looking EVERY single day since early August and this is the FIRST one that's actually matched EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If the interior is nice and it runs good and a/c and heat and stuff works this could very possibly be my new DD in the next day or two!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3470687985.html


And then come this spring, it also could very possibly turn into my crawler/DD!!!
Unfortunately, I don't have the cash so I can't buy it.

You should really buy that Expo. When you start swapping parts, let me know and I'll be there to help.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #18695
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
So, one of our Suburbans at work was totaled and its got a 5.3L Vortec with 11k miles and in perfect condition under the hood...hmmmmmm
Andrew??
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #18696
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Andrew??
It's to new and fancy.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #18697
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
Oh man, that would be good in his jeep! Damn it! I'm getting sucked back into this forum!!! I bailed cause I don't own a jeep and simply returned to show the race truck alive! Simple as that... CRAP!

Andy, I'm going to call the guy on my lunch today. If the interior is either clean or at least grey so I can swap any messed up interior parts from mine to his, the engine runs good and smooth, a/c and heat works and windows and locks and the rest of the things work I'll for sure pick it up. Basically if everything works and it looks clean I'm on it or at least if what doesn't work can be yanked from my current one to fix it, it's as good as sold and my current one might even get registered non-op and start collecting dust till I have time to do this project. I was thinking my truck would be next on the build list but if I pick this thing up, I'll have no reason to not just dive into it. I finally got my custom machined wider axles just last week to work with my widened beams and Adam's is working on my gearing for the front 3rd too. I could be looking pretty good in no time once this race truck is off my priority list.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #18698
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,620
someone talk me out of getting a new jeep. Right now I am having issues and here is my current problem, the 2013 wranglers now have dual spray nozzels for cleaning the windshield.

Nah honestly here is what I am looking at... I can use my usaa pricing or Chapman is offering "friends and family pricing" to everyone. Either one of those gets me about 1% below invoice. On top of that I have $500 military discount and a $500 Loyalty certificate. But the kicker is that they are offering another $1k for current VW owners??? http://www.jeep.com/en/incentives/bo...est_bonus_cash
So basically I can get almost 5k off of msrp without even haggling or anything. I am also guessing since all of my rebates are corporate level rebates, the dealer is not really loosing anything so I might be able to talk them down a little bit more and barely cut into their profit.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #18699
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,551
Do it and sell us your JKUR!! JK! It's worth checking out though. With your trade, you may only be financing 5k or so, and could pay that off very quickly...
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #18700
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,620
our JK is payed down some but not that much. Besides you do not even have your current jeep sold yet
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #18701
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,620
I have noticed a pretty funny trend with the new jeeps though. You can add some of the options after the fact and save some money. For example they want 390 for the towing package. You can get a plug and play set up from Quadratech for $89 right now. Then the autostart is a $495 option, yet you can get the kit right from mopar for $249 and install it yourself.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #18702
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,551
And they charge like 300 for the nitrogen filled tires! That's BS!!!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #18703
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
Wait, what? Are you serious on that tire charge for nitrogen? I get my bottle filled for $15!!! I don't know how many tires it would do but I'm sure it would do way more then 4! LOL I only use it on shocks... Well and maybe air tools on race day in the pits.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #18704
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
There's motorheads in here. I don't even have sound on this computer so I don't know what the sound is but I know this buggy very well and if it's not edited with music, trust me, it's worth the watch for the exhaust note alone! 8 into 1 at it's finest!

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #18705
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
someone talk me out of getting a new jeep. Right now I am having issues and here is my current problem, the 2013 wranglers now have dual spray nozzels for cleaning the windshield.

Nah honestly here is what I am looking at... I can use my usaa pricing or Chapman is offering "friends and family pricing" to everyone. Either one of those gets me about 1% below invoice. On top of that I have $500 military discount and a $500 Loyalty certificate. But the kicker is that they are offering another $1k for current VW owners??? http://www.jeep.com/en/incentives/bo...est_bonus_cash
So basically I can get almost 5k off of msrp without even haggling or anything. I am also guessing since all of my rebates are corporate level rebates, the dealer is not really loosing anything so I might be able to talk them down a little bit more and barely cut into their profit.

dont, just dont.

You're looking at spending X amount of thousands dollars just because you can save Y amount of thousands of dollars.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.