Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1246 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #18676
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

I love both of them. ABA is a treat for me. 3 22oz bottles and im a happy fat guy!

Sent from my imagination
ABA is good, I prefer Double Bastard though. If you haven't tried it, Cali-Belguiqe is also really good

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #18677
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I don't remember how many quarts ours holds but look underneath the license plate... (I want to say it holds 5 quarts)
Which truck is that? Not enough tube to be the race truck unless this was pre-build.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #18678
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
$40,000 truck and no matching spares? hahahahah

I kid I kid!
Those are 33s... It's sitting on 35s now. The KM2's are on my truck now, that procomp is in my sideyard and the other tire is gone, it now sits currently on 35" bfg projects on brand new american racing rims and there's 2 brand new nitto 35" tires on black steelies in the spare rack. But I also have currently at my house 6 more brand new american racing wheels and we also have 4 brand new 35" general grabbers on their way right now too and that gives us a total of 10 35" tires on hand to choose from. We wanted to test a couple different tires to see which work best and then we'll pick and stay from there on. Right now though plan is to run the nittos as spares, the BJG as testing/practice tires and keep the generals for race day cause we have a friend that has 8 fleet trucks, a 7 open and a trophy truck running them that hasn't had a single flat in 2 years. So yes, this $40K truck doesn't have matching spares but we are rolling on 10 brand spankin new wheels all with very high quality 35" tires.

Next topic?

Can I choose? Okay, cool... Thanks... How about this.

Just cause it runs doesn't mean it's done! Mounted rear amber and blue light, mounted up a billet aluminum prototype quick release setup from the company I work for on the jack handle and fabbed up a pretty simple quick release jack mount setup also. Kinda figured video would show the action and simplicity better then pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t9e8...ature=youtu.be

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #18679
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Which truck is that? Not enough tube to be the race truck unless this was pre-build.
That was VERY VERY early race truck build. Look at the vid above as I walk around the back. It'll look similar.

Unread 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #18680
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Every time i see you post something Khris it makes me think of just how bad *** you are. Awesome job on the truck and that mount kicks ***!!

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #18681
sirhk100

LOL, thanks puck... Funny part is this badass still hasn't fixed that rusty *** super slow leak above my water heater! It's on this Sat's to do list since we're not shock tuning till sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
And have you not seen the early days?

How it was purchased...

After glass was mounted and I built the front bumper...

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...h74/Bmpera.jpg

Winning a free set of leaf springs snowballed really really really fast.

I mean he needed a bedcage to mount them to right? BTW, all this labor was in trade for a set of shocks... That's my first race truck build payment technically...

Notice the fabbed up front leaf hanger just tacked in place after cutting off the stock ones and obviously the leaf pack is torn apart to cycle for shock setup.

This was the end of stage 1... He was stationed on the east coast right after this next picture and well, then it all snowballed again by me offering to store it for him till he came back in 2016 and I'd drive it once every 4-6 weeks to keep it from rotting.

That picture was taken in Lucern the afternoon before all those people were killed 2 summers ago at that offroad race. If the truck had gone right instead of left, the friend that owns this truck probably wouldn't be alive.

The front suspension pictured above is the camburg long travel kit. It had 8" sway a way coilovers, bypass and bumps up front and cycled 14" of travel. It's all gone and been sold and now is running on a custom kit with 2.5" x 10" king bypass race series coilovers, 3" king bypass shocks 10" in length and 2.5" king bumpstops cycling a little over 14" with custom spindles unlike the stock ones that rip the upper ball joint out that camburg uses.

Unread 12-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #18682
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

at least you take pictures of all the steps, you must have about a zillion pics on your comp

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #18683
sirhk100

There's 560 or something like that in the "jasons truck" part of my photo bucket. Payment for stage 2 has been my race helmet and race suit and also all of my future drive time.

Also, in case anyone is curious... 40 minutes in the truck yesterday totally made up for the last 6 months!

Unread 12-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #18684
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
There's 560 or something like that in the "jasons truck" part of my photo bucket. Payment for stage 2 has been my race helmet and race suit and also all of my future drive time.

Also, in case anyone is curious... 40 minutes in the truck yesterday totally made up for the last 6 months!
So what happens if he races it and wants something different what happens to your payment?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #18685
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

So what happens if he races it and wants something different what happens to your payment?
They give the truck and all supporting gear to me and start building a KOH rig.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #18686
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
It goes away and I write it off as practice for my fab skills.

What happens if he races it Jan 12th and wads it up at mile 5 and it burns to the ground? Same thing... Trust me, I know the possibilities...

Unread 12-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #18687
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
They give the truck and all supporting gear to me and start building a KOH rig.
If I was starting 100% fresh right now with no vehicles in my drive, that's probably the direction I'd go.

Unread 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #18688
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

If I was starting 100% fresh right now with no vehicles in my drive, that's probably the direction I'd go.
Fast and can crap boulders, that's what I'm talking about!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #18689
sirhk100

Funny, thinking about what would happen if he did race it once and decided to up and sell it or take it elsewhere. It would honestly probably be the deciding factor in me picking up something like this.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3428131395.html

I'd park it in the garage and strip it down to a bare cab and bare frame disposing of the entire driveline including the motor. Then put my black toyota on stands in the driveway and strip it down to 100% bare chassis and then scrap what's left on the stands. Then go spend about $2000 on metal and about $2000 on shocks and go for round two spending probably a full year to do a build this time around. Honestly too, if I'm doing it, I'd probably drop the $1500 for the TRD supercharger too. Realistically for about $7000 out of my pocket and using what's on my current truck I'd have a truck that could absolutely blow the doors off the one I just built and I could probably be pushing 80-90 thru that whoop section I posted the video of.

I'm too deep into it to really change directions so that's honestly probably what I would do. It would take a year or so and the cash wouldn't be an issue at this point. Then I'd make a point to find the current truck in a race and ram the heck out of it from the rear! LOL

Unread 12-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #18690
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Khris, I been looking at trucks pretty much non-stop for the past couple of days. Came across http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3437002581.html 1994 so the last year of TTB and 4WD. Sure, it has some craptastic flatbed on it but that would be coming off for a bed cage and glass. Just wish I had the cash.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.