Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1238 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #18556
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
With a good spotter a stock tj should be able to get through. Powr is pretty close to stock and he did fine
Did it stock a few years ago. On stock sized bfg ATs on street tire pressure, sway bars connected, NO lift, etc, and did fine. Again, with a spotter it was doable. Check my videos on YouTube.

Unread 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #18557
sirhk100

Eh, why not... If you wanna race, I'll be giving it a shake down sunday morning! I pick the track though and there won't be any pavement so bring something good!

http://youtu.be/npAWrO0-POo?t=13s

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #18558
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have prerunner shocks! Can I go fast?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #18559
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Eh, why not... If you wanna race, I'll be giving it a shake down sunday morning! I pick the track though and there won't be any pavement so bring something good!

It lives! Congrats Khris. I know it feels good to have it move on its own. Do you have a lot left to button up?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #18560
sirhk100

Everything major is done. A few minor wiring things still, vent lines, align it on sat, finish tieing up fuel lines and other misc stuff, secure the rear brake lines on the axle housing, and some other odds and ends and it'll be ready for testing on Sunday. It's at the exhaust shop right now, that video was me pulling it out to load up this afternoon. Getting it back tomorrow night.

Then if Sunday goes relatively smooth next week I'm working on the front clip getting it to fit better, finishing up body work, jack mount, rear amber and blue lights, mounting tail lights, first aid kit mount, ammo can mounts, etc... Just down to the details really. A ton of small things really. Also if all goes well this weekend with it we'll have it back out next weekend hopefully for shock tuning which should really bring it to life then. After that just buttoning up stuff. We've already pulled the trigger on a full wrap for it and that's in the design process. Will hopefully get that done the first week of Jan.

Unread 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #18561
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
i'd say potato is NOT stock friendly. depends on how far everybody is going though.

the red rock side is just a dirt road basically.
I did it in a stock TJ perfectly fine
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #18562
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I did it in a stock TJ perfectly fine
No spotter either, just followed mikesw through and he sat about 5"s taller than I. It's all driver.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #18563
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Where are you testing it? If its ok I would like to see it in action. No pressure though.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #18564
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds and looks SICK!! See what you can accomplish without the distractions of a smart phone everyone!! Awesome!
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #18565
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Awesome!

Remember all the lug nuts like we talked about so everybody doesn't drive out the. Have to turn around haha

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #18566
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

You already know but I won't be there. I'll be at work.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #18567
sirhk100

Actually hardly anyone will be there. Keeping it on the DL... No need to really make a big show out of it cause for all I know it's gonna come off the trailer, hit 1 bump and get loaded right back up and head home to fix whatever is wrong, I forgot, missed, etc... LOL

Next weekend though if things go well this weekend we're planning on doing shock tuning and then after that I'd really like to put a solid 50 miles or so on it. Then a few days after that the owner will be here we're hoping to put another 100 or so miles on it. Then I'll be doing a full prep on it and buttoning it up for race day.

Unread 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #18568
sirhk100

BTW, for all of you that are pissed about Obama's win... How about some more fuel on the fire. This picture is from TMZ. It's Romney leaving like costco or something.

What's important about this you ask? Well beyond the fact that he actually does his own shopping, pushes his own cart like all of us and maybe actually wraps his own xmas gifts... It's his hat with this logo on it...

Which happens to be the main provider for communications electronics in the offroad racing industry.

And it makes sense considering his son races... Here he is just 2 weeks ago at the baja 1000.

https://twitter.com/joshromney/statu...332096/photo/1

So with all that said, sure, President Romney wouldn't have made offroad rights his main agenda but I bet he'd set a tone that might have made things a bit easier for our hobby!

How about this... Here's Sarah Palin waving the green flag at an offroad race early this year down in Mexico!

Her posing with a couple of the racers...

Anyways, bummer to see him not in the office!!! So back to my non-jeep life, it was fun checking in. Figured you guys might like to see the truck actually lives and thought you might get a kick outta seeing how close we were to having a pro offroad guy in office.

Unread 12-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #18569
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Always good to hear from you and see updates Khris, totally agree on the Romney thing & love your truck!

I still think you should wrap a few things in GOBS of duct tape as a fake "temporary" fix to critical items just to mess with the owner when he sees it for the first time
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #18570
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Why would duct tape only be a temporary fix?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.