Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1234 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #18496
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I am down with a wheeling trip.

The drive to Cali isn't that bad. Try driving from here to Sacramento to the northern redwoods to stay with some hippies for the night, then drive to Reno for hot August nights no sleep for 3 days then Reno to LV. Oh and that was in my 71 Chevy truck with no radio or A/c. Never again!

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #18497
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

one good thing about driving out west is that you have mountains and other stuff to look out. It is totally different out east, 64 between Richmond and Hampton Roads is a 2 lane freeway like 15. It is lined with trees on both sides, so all that you can really see is road, trees, and aggressive drivers. Texas was horrible because there was nothing really to look out, no mountains or anything. I could not imagine driving too far in Iowa, I did for about 30 miles and that was enough. It was all flat, but the cool thing that threw me off was how dark the soil was. It was almost black, but everyone said it was the best soil for growing crops.
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #18498
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I used to work on call at a diesel plant. I would get a call at 2am because a furnace wasn't firing. Get dressed, drive 45 mins to the plant and flip a breaker and then go home. I'm glad that's over.
That would just piss me off. I decided that because I didn't like only getting a few hours of sleep a night (I have been averaging about 3 hours a night for the past 2 weeks) and I didn't have much going on last night, I would crash out... I was in bed at 8:15. A little under 45 minutes later (you know right after you get to sleep pretty well) my phone starts ringing to let me know that something bad happened at work. If that isn't enough, nobody knows what to do in a case like this except for me. At around 12:30 the phone calls and text messages finally stop and I go back to bed just to be up at 4:30. Then, when I get into work and I tell me boss about it, he says "why don't you just turn off your phone?" Who the **** else are they going to call? You? You don't know the job any better than the lackies do. So, I decide that I am starting to get upset and I go for some PT. **** work for a bit. As soon as I get back, my boss starts asking me stuff like "what does this mean?" "Where can I find this?" ****, I have only ****ing told you or shown you about a million ****ing times. **** this job...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #18499
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

come on Andy you know that debrief is the last stop before support. Could be worse... you could be on a load crew and not be able to operate without your other two buddies.
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #18500
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Unread 12-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #18501
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

This one shows me why I like it out west
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #18502
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Urrrg I wish it would get cold some time soon. Im really sick of these 70 degree days. Fat guys like me are still hot.
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #18503
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
come on Andy you know that debrief is the last stop before support. Could be worse... you could be on a load crew and not be able to operate without your other two buddies.
It just sucks because I took the time to learn the job and now everyone leans on me. I am tired of it. Not only do I get the normal day to day stuff, I get others leaning on me, and Asst. NCOIC duties. Any projects that fall this way, always land on my desk because I am known as someone who gets things done. Maybe if I didn't have a work ethic or others here did, I wouldn't mind the job so much.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #18504
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It took me a while to learn that the slackers get the same retirement and pay as the workers. All you have to be is in the "Good ol Boy Network" and you can get away with murder.

I knew so many people that just played dumb so they would not have to work. While the workers always got called in on weekend duty because it was known that they would get the job done in a timely fashion.

That is one of the things that sucked about the military... the guys playing in the band got the same pay as those busting arse on the flight line. Just think if you had to work with some of the nonners up in the mpf.
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #18505
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post

This one shows me why I like it out west
I see us!!!!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #18506
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lined these up last night...my calibers by bullet weight. first person to name them all gets a prize!!! (Terry isn't allowed to participate)

Linede these up last night....my .45-70 ammo by bullet weight.

300gr, 325gr, 405gr. Holy hell, I'm excited to shoot the 405! (look how far down the crimp is, haha)

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #18507
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

.17hmr .22 .223 9mm .40 30-06 357mag .45 .45-70
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #18508
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Nope! You got 6 right. 5 right if you wanna get technical!

Unread 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #18509
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
380, 9mm, no 40
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #18510
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
380, 9mm, no 40
NOPE!!! bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

well, yes, 9mm. and correct, no 40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.